Was this picture of an Apple engineer's lunch taken with the Apple iPhone 5?
reported, the one constant in a universe full of rumored iPhone 5 specs is that the camera will be an 8MP shooter. Still, there is the possibility that the image is fake as PocketNow recently was fooled by a picture that was shot by a current Apple iPhone 4 and then put through an Apple iPad that had software installed that changed the EXIF data of the image. Nonetheless, because the photo was allegedly taken by an Apple engineer, it is believed to be genuine.
For some, the picture might make them hungry for the Apple iPhone 5, expected to launch just next month. For others, the picture just might make them hungry.
A reader at This is my next was able to process the picture a little to catch the reflection of the device that took the picture. Is this the first picture of the Apple iPhone 5?
2. chuck norris (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 11:46 7 3
this is not news
3. nb2six posted on 07 Sep 2011, 11:46 8 2
Ok this is just getting silly. We are getting updated on pictures of people's lunches who may be carrying a iphone 5. LOL this is great...
50. Lucas777 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 22:57 1 2
haha but everything about the droid bionic is huh? u know how long we have been listening to that?
5. remixfa posted on 07 Sep 2011, 11:55 6 3
really? come on... how is this news?
it could also be a photo taken by an alien. do you have proof its not?? lol
10. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 07 Sep 2011, 12:01 10 2
Ok guys I took that picture. It's from an iPhone prototype the aliens left at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. 3 nights ago I was abducted & given the prototype to take that picture. I am sorry but it's not the iPhone 5. lol
27. Pdubb posted on 07 Sep 2011, 14:41 1 0
This guy is full of bologna! Just like the biscuits at Hardees.
28. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 07 Sep 2011, 14:47 1 0
20. Droid_X_Doug posted on 07 Sep 2011, 12:47 0 0
This is just the latest example of market churning in advance of release that Apple is famous for. Expect more of this type of activity. I am actually surprised that more rumors haven't leaked about the new camera in the latest iPhone. Must be time for Apple to feed the rumor machine.
6. darth8ball posted on 07 Sep 2011, 11:58 3 1
aledegelly taken by an Apple engineer and leaked by a company that has just been fooled by an Apple early pic???????
sounds like BS to me
7. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 07 Sep 2011, 11:58 2 1
Ok so this "MIGHT" be the first iPhone 5 picture. Wow such world changing news. It would be better if there was some confirmation that it "IS" from the iPhone 5. Great news I feel so well informed! lol
40. ayephoner posted on 07 Sep 2011, 17:24 0 1
hilarious that you fandroids are so anxious to point out that this isnt news that you come in, read the article and post multiple times. and this is the most commented story of the day.
you are the ones that fuel these stories. PA doesnt care if you dont like it. they just care that you come in, read and comment. congrats on making sure there are plenty more stories like this to come!
43. E.N. posted on 07 Sep 2011, 19:10 0 1
Well said, lol. Stop making these posts so popular damn it. Stop reading, stop commenting and if comments like those hardly get any views or response, it'll eventually stop. This is the same reason why Rebecca Black became famous.
45. E.N. posted on 07 Sep 2011, 19:11 0 1
I mean posts like these
8. PeterIfromsweden posted on 07 Sep 2011, 11:59 3 2
This does not make me hungry for the iphone 5, nor the lunch. I hate sushi.
25. remixfa posted on 07 Sep 2011, 13:50 1 0
i ask my wife the same thing all the time.. how do you NOT like sushi??? especially when dipped in yummy shrimp sauce.. that stuff is good on everything. :)
54. PeterIfromsweden posted on 08 Sep 2011, 09:46 0 0
I find it just disgusting...
No, swedish people like meatballs : )
9. ivanko34 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 11:59 1 1
We have entered the iphone 5 huge marketing teasing season
11. 406206406206 (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 12:03 3 1
WHO CARES?! OH MY GOD.
12. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 07 Sep 2011, 12:10 1 2
This picture looks kind of blurry and lacks details, even the old Nokia N86 could take a lot better pictures than this.
13. NegativeOne (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 12:11 1 1
If I took a picture of my sandwich with my Droid Incredible.... could I create a huge hype on PhoneArena?
14. ShaqEVO (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 12:16 1 1
... in fact when you zoom into the reflection, it clearly reads out iPhone 5... right ?
16. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 07 Sep 2011, 12:34 0 1
Wow you took the time to thumb down everybody on this article. lol
now it's my turn to thumb you down. By the way the picture looks awful!!
17. arvinsheet (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 12:34 0 0
what the hell phonearena?!? cant u guys come up with something really interesting than this?!?
18. ivanko34 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 12:40 1 1
It was not possible to take this kind of pictures with the old iphones ?
Ok it is a big improvement on the next coming iphone.
Someone knows if the next iphone 5 can be used to make and receive phone calls ?
19. NegativeOne (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 12:41 4 1
A "bumper" is probably required to do so.
21. Droider posted on 07 Sep 2011, 12:55 1 0
Lol this website is turning into the mediatakeout of phones .
22. darth8ball posted on 07 Sep 2011, 13:09 1 1
wow 8MP iDiotPhone.....way to stay ahead of the field Cupertino.... what are you working on for the iDiotPhone6....dual core processors?
52. remixfa posted on 08 Sep 2011, 08:12 0 0
LTE, probably.. quad core? doubt it. 10mpx would be only a minor improvement. They already have 16mpx cameras in the pipeline for android and windows phones within the next quarter or 2.
26. Brad (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 14:00 0 0
This is just plain STUPID! Please. Tweek this or actually...DON'T.
29. bigmac313 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 15:06 0 0
what if this whole year of random "iphone 5" nonsense was just a d**k move planned by apple just to watch us anticipate for the device to come out and there never was a device to come out? what if this is all just apple having some s**ts and giggles at us?
30. ilia1986 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 15:28 1 0
Great.. now Apple gets to sue everyone who eats or serves Sushi!
31. bolaG posted on 07 Sep 2011, 15:34 2 0
More like sue anyone that takes a picture of sushi on a white plate even if the plate is 3 inches larger in diameter
35. ilia1986 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 15:51 1 0
Yep. That's because a white round plate totally looks like the iPad!!
White plates should be banned all across the world.
32. 530gemini posted on 07 Sep 2011, 15:49 0 1
Wow, all these android fanboys, lol. I guess you guys are more excited than us iphone users huh, lol
37. ilia1986 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 15:53 0 0
lol wow gemini - ever noticed there are a lot of "android fanboys" on this site? like almost 95% of the people here are "android fanboys"?
Maybe there's an explanation to that, don't you think? An alternative one. Very simple one too.
34. taco50 (banned) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 15:51 0 2
30 comments of fanboy haters. If you don't care why do you guys read every Apple article AND comment. If I don't care I don't even open the article and move on.
36. Rawrzellers posted on 07 Sep 2011, 15:51 0 0
Lol the developers there would be pretentious enough to have sushi for lunch. What is that book about white people that has a chapter about this?
39. darth8ball posted on 07 Sep 2011, 16:59 1 0
I could have thumbed you up for the first time ever had you not had to go the Are you poor route.
Sushi isn't pretentious
Your comments always bring the conversations into the back alleys of bars on a Saturday night at 4am.
41. taco50 (banned) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 17:31 0 1
Well to be fair usually poor trailer trash would make a comment like that. Most likely he's an android user.
42. bolaG posted on 07 Sep 2011, 18:50 1 0
I can see you discriminate againts class. Whats next? Will I see you whearing a white suit with a white pillow case over your head :p
51. ilia1986 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 23:45 0 0
Ah no, bolaG, taco just thinks that all those who use the iPhone are worthy elite people, while those who don't are the lowest scumbags and live in the slums. Oh and probably should be disposed off.
Wait - that reminds of someone..
53. remixfa posted on 08 Sep 2011, 08:14 1 0
dont be upset by taco. He still lives with his parents. Its easy to pretend to be pretensious when your not spending your own money.
That said, sushi isnt pretensious. Only a moron would think that sushi is some kind of exclusive food.
I know a great place that does all u can eat for 14 bux and its made fresh in front of you. cant beat that. :)
55. darth8ball posted on 08 Sep 2011, 09:58 0 0
I freakin' knew it.....LMFAO
Now if we can only prove that mommy and daddy bought him the phone for christmas or birthday gift.
57. taco50 (banned) posted on 08 Sep 2011, 14:36 0 0
Lol you go to sushi buffets? That's sad. I guess that's what you can afford working for a 2nd rate company.
44. InspectorGadget80 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 19:11 0 0
Please you think a picture is going to get everyone excited?
46. bonerfied (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 19:18 0 0
HAHAHA OMG IT CANT BE!!! apple fan boys are getting hot under the colar with a blurry pic of someone eating sushi. Get a life
48. Tmachaveli posted on 07 Sep 2011, 21:32 1 0
Taco is a bitch for that comment go suck on your iphone
49. ihateapple (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 22:45 0 1
Hey phonearena.. Change ur name to "ish*tarena.com"..
Bcoz.. U always turn ur a*s up for hyping ish*tphone..
56. choupino posted on 08 Sep 2011, 14:10 0 0
Are you guys serious??? This is the perfect way for an online entity to lose its credibility with the masses... SMDH