Top 10 phones with the fastest charging times: from zero to hero
More popular slideshows
Top 10 phones with the fastest charging times
1. Oppo Find 7a
2. Oppo Find 7
3. LG G Pro 2
4. LG G3
10. Huawei Ascend P7
1. tech2 (Posts: 1792; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Lumia and Xperia phones weren't tested or they weren't good enough ?
3. Duketytz (Posts: 329; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
I think Xperia phones take quite some time to charge. Twice that of S5 if I remembered clearly.
7. tech2 (Posts: 1792; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Yeah I just found out:
Xperia Z2 takes 3 and half hours to charge.
Whereas, GS5 takes 2 hours to charge.
Really poor effort from Sony.
24. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2271; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Oh yeah that's horrible. I'll dump my Z2 immediately.
25. tech2 (Posts: 1792; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
lol....no need to be butthurt about it. Its not for the current owners but someone who is deciding between the two phones it is an important point to consider.
OEMs must realize just beefing up everything doesn't make their problems go away.
26. bur60 (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
It's true. It takes some time, but it only takes 2 hours to charge up till 90%.
This is the technique Sony uses to keep the Lithium battery life longer.
Lithium batteries are getting (yes I know it's veeeerry little) damage from full charing to 100% and by fully depleting it (smartphones with 0% always have a little bit juice in them).
28. bur60 (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
I read that somewhere long ago, also that site you provided, states that a full 100% charged li-ion battery discharges faster. This has something to do with the ion's in the battery, I don't know exactly how or what. But about the fully depleting, you can read about that @ the same site you provided. They have a topic about charging and discharging lithium batteries (sorry can't put links cuz i just registered.)
33. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It took me about 75 minutes to charge my S5. Idk if I had one that was on steroids but it was amazing.
35. JEverettnow (Posts: 162; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
same here. Mine chargers in about an hour and a half. That is usually from 5%-10% though.
2. Duketytz (Posts: 329; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
I prefer big batteries that last me for one or two days. I don't normally care about charging time since I just leave them to charge overnight.
10. mrblah (Posts: 401; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
I agree, the iPhone 5 I used to own was definitely the fastest charging smart phone I ever had. My S4 was the true "wall hugger".
16. superfans (Posts: 122; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
iPhone 5 has lower battery capacity compared to s4 so it should charge faster than any other phones but agreed about the s4, mine drop dead faster than 4s i had.
5. akki20892 (Posts: 3266; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
In my opinion, I think battery take less power to charge means less damage on battery.
I don't care about how much time it takes, because I charge my phone every night.
9. tech2 (Posts: 1792; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Nope. That's incorrect. A phone with capacity of higher voltage will charge faster and it won't affect the battery life or phone in anyway.
21. Augustine (Posts: 618; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Do you realize that you provided a link to spare cell chargers? A phone's charging circuit is built into the device and the wall charger is nothing but a power adapter. The fact remains that a fast charge decreases the life span of batteries, which is probably longer than the time that people keep their phones.
6. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 113; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
With upcoming powerhungry octacore processors, Quad HD Displays and slapping new sensors on phone (You know what I mean) the most needed thing is higher capacity batteries. I can see the phones are getting upgrade in all the other factors except batteries.
11. Duketytz (Posts: 329; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
I'm guessing the research and development of battery is among the most expensive and cost ineffective among the various aspects of a phone which is why not much attention is paid to it!
12. sagemda (Posts: 25; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
Android lovers, where is the sweet iphone ? is this the top 10 (android) phones with the fastest charge time ?
13. Edward_bly (Posts: 184; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Nope, the title suggests that these are the top 10 phones with the fastest charging time.
15. NexusPhan (Posts: 364; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
iphone is 2.5 hours to recharge. Didn't make the cut despite it's tiny battery.
45. sagemda (Posts: 25; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
i don't know where it took 2.5 hours to charge because mine and my friends are not...lol maybe its ur unit
17. martinkem (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
the galaxy Note 3 should be on this list. By my own test it takes about 180 to 190 minutes to charge the 3200mAh battery from 1% with the phone turned on and connected to Wi-Fi
36. JEverettnow (Posts: 162; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
3-3 1/2 hours to charge a battery isn't going to make the list.
44. martinkem (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
Sorry my bad that should have been 120 to 150 minutes instead of 180 to 190 minutes.
18. peace247 (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Find 7a charges almost as quickly as its 1080p display version. . . . .
I think it should be find 7...
And lg g3 from 0-100$ .......?...?
19. andonia2 (Posts: 27; Member since: 26 Jul 2013)
NOTE TO PHONEARENA:
Image no.1- there's a spelling mistake - the is written as teh
20. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 120; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Haha I know its old but my OG Motorola droid can get from 0-100% in under 30 minutes that's with the stock 1450mah battery
22. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 827; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
And now we can start the debate (for all you electrical people out there) about how rapid charging dramatically decreases the longevity of the battery...
23. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 887; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Hi PA, do you know when the quick charging 2.0 from Qualcom will arrive, and how is it compared to oppo rapid charging?
29. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2683; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Man that Oppo 7a is just a crazy phone. I had it the last week. The charging time and overall battery life is simply mind blowing. The display is beautiful, the performance is great, design is elegant. Just the Color OS UI may not be everyone's cup of tea. Otherwise a capable alternative to Current crop of flagships from bigger OEMs.
30. xfire99 (Posts: 414; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
If LG G2/G3/S5 is charging under 2H and with QuickCharge 2.0 chargers that just got released in Japan and it will be around 30-45 min charging time!!! Last 10-15% is always slow, for battery sake, to not overheating it and longer life.
Read comments and love quickcharge 2.0:
"from 0-50% in 15 minutes."!!!
Release QuickCarge 2.0 chargers GLOBALLY NOW!!! :)
31. skymitch89 (Posts: 1021; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I don't get why the Note 3 isn't part of this list. I can charge mine, while using it, from 0% to 100% in about 3hrs, and about 2.5hrs when not using it. This is all while using the supplied 2.0A wall charger & USB 3.0 cable (I tried using the 2.0A wall charger & the regular micro usb from my Epic Touch and the cable started to get a little warm after about half an hour).
32. oborawatabinost (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 May 2014)
Tests should have been done with a 3rd party 8A charger as well as the included charger for those of us who are serious about charging our phones quickly
34. ThePython (Posts: 209; Member since: 08 May 2013)
I hear the iPhone charges lightning fast...
39. a_tumiwa (Posts: 221; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
ha? micro usb 3.0 on Samsung with 2.0A lost to usb 2.0 with 1.8A on LG G3 ??
it's something to me...
42. xfire99 (Posts: 414; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Charging rate doesnt have any to do with USB 2 or USB 3. Note 3 have 3200 mah and LG G3 3000mah. Of course LG G3 is charging faster than Note 3.
Also this list is about Note 3 Neo and not Note 3. Note 3 charging time is around 2H.
43. Tuxedo (Posts: 113; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
It does if it is charging through a computer USB port.
40. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 309; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
My Nexus 5 can charge 0-100% in around an hour and 40 minutes with the stock charger if it's powered off... Plus there aren't any iPhones on this list which I don't believe.
I'm gonna call BS and ignore this.
41. a_tumiwa (Posts: 221; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
come one man, iPhone and Nexus 5 are slower than them, admit it :D