This is what a 4.8 inch Apple iPhone Math might look like
The main change is a sixth row of apps that is one more than the Apple iPhone 5 has, and two more than what was on the Apple iPhone through the Apple iPhone 4S. The so-called Apple iPhone Math rendering from appledigger.ru includes a 12MP camera and a variety of colors. The latest speculation calls for a 4.8 inch Apple iPhone to be launched no earlier than 2014. Until then, you can check out the video below to see what such a beast might look like.
source: appledigger.ru (translated), iDownloadblog via CNET
69. dan86 posted on 23 Jan 2013, 10:39 1 0
4.8 inch? It will take a million year for Apple to complete that course of evolution.
73. omar300 posted on 23 Jan 2013, 14:52 6 0
If apple doesnt change that ugly 6 years old UI that will be just sad. How do people even compare this to android, windows and BB10?
25. Droid_X_Doug posted on 22 Jan 2013, 23:18 15 2
Actually, I think the word is DATED. As in a UI that is dated. Lipstick on a pig is still a pig.
47. PhenomFaz posted on 23 Jan 2013, 04:06 3 0
absolutely spot on my friend! I mean Apple has to bring some design changes like the OS UI, presentation, do away with annodied aluminum and for crying out loud do away with the giant-ass bazel on top and bottom which take most of the phone!
The ip5 is nearly as tall as the Note 2 with just a 4 inch screen....wonder how they grow 'em at Apple :)
51. darkkjedii posted on 23 Jan 2013, 04:14 2 2
I would love to see em lose the extra bezel. One of the things I do not like about an otherwise beautiful device. As usual u speak true, and intelligent... It's time for apple to hit one outta the park.
71. PhenomFaz posted on 23 Jan 2013, 13:33 0 0
Wonder y they're call in it Math though...could it be maybe because of some exciting new feature to do with Math, archoitecture and graphics just like how did note has productivity features because that would be really sweet to see
75. darkkjedii posted on 23 Jan 2013, 16:09 0 1
I think this could b a make, or break device. Your thoughts please?
79. alexvoda posted on 24 Jan 2013, 07:11 2 0
Actually lipstik on a pig is still lipstick but a pig wearing lipstick is still a pig.
28. anywherehome posted on 22 Jan 2013, 23:48 0 6
yes, the same for many years....but bigger an iConBoard, the best innovation ever :)
37. Wiki_jaan posted on 23 Jan 2013, 00:44 12 0
if its a 4.8..... apple going to add 2 rows and 5th column in it...
39. haseebzahid posted on 23 Jan 2013, 01:08 12 0
ow that must be innovation of the millionium :O who could possibly do that it was impossible to add extra rows with columns no other company could do it
40. maxis3G (unregistered) posted on 23 Jan 2013, 02:22 6 0
boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring.....
iphone are boring....
63. haseebzahid posted on 23 Jan 2013, 08:14 1 0
whats wrong kid i was trying to tell you a a joke while you are alos a joke
43. kabhijeet.16 posted on 23 Jan 2013, 02:43 3 0
Exactly.. Then Apple will sue all others for adding extra rows of icons...LOL
41. AmitMajumder posted on 23 Jan 2013, 02:41 1 0
"4.8 inch, taller but not wider" imagine how it would look!
81. maxis3G (unregistered) posted on 26 Jan 2013, 05:39 1 0
and still boring...
84. CraxMC posted on 29 Jan 2013, 05:30 0 0
It's not ugly, e're not just use to it...For me it's okay that the iPhone's size is 4" if it's UI is redesigned to compete with other OS
2. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:04 26 0
i can remember that 9gag meme - iphone 20 will be the length of a sword
18. Lift_Off posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:45 7 9
Blah blah boring, blah blah no innovation, blah blah android is superior.
There now you dont have to read any of the comments and just read the article.
22. quakan posted on 22 Jan 2013, 23:07 2 4
Yeah that's typically how it goes on here unfortunately.
19. Dr.Phil posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:58 9 0
I will say this, the first thing that popped in my mind was that Samsung commercial:
"This year we're finally getting everything we didn't get last year."
Some other guy chimes in: "A big screen!"
33. Nathan_ingx posted on 23 Jan 2013, 00:09 2 0
Did you guys miss the opening line..."We bet that once you read yesterday's speculation about an Apple iPhone with a 4.8 inch screen, you started daydreaming of what such a model would look like."...man! Alan really made all of us sound like iFans right there!!
74. phonemirer posted on 23 Jan 2013, 15:59 0 0
iphone 101 was taller than eiffel tower, and note 8 as big as a swimming pool.
what about i5s ??
- old even on release date
5. rusticguy posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:07 7 2
jungle of icons an d ugly. Looks more like a Chinese phone
6. appleDOESNT.com posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:09 2 1
iFind it sooo hilarious that the way the size of the iPhones are judged is by rows of silly icons :/
7. yougotkilled1 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:09 4 2
Adding one extra row for apps would be considered a major change. Yay? -___-
9. alterecho posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:10 0 0
I fear i won't be able to come to terms with future mobile sizes.
10. techguy22 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:11 5 0
lmfaooo,. more icon rows in 720P now=MAGICAL
im sure that iPhone is going to release in 10 or 20 years. say 2030?
11. joey18 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:16 0 0
f**kgly iphone if this iphone was not home buttons I get it but apple returning to rim back in the fucture
12. PAPINYC (limited) 2 days ago posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:19 2 1
OMG, it looks like my lovely and lusciously huge Galaxy Note 2, except with a round Home button. Samsung should sue those "copycat, copycat, nothing but a copycat, Apple is a copycat."
14. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:24 0 2
calm doooon ......Apple won't be making any 4+ inch devices this year ,
15. ZetanAlaz posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:32 4 0
haha, saw that coming..
Folks, behold the "Revolutionary 6th Row" there!
16. biophone posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:33 3 1
I would prefer a 4 inch iphone then a 4.8. I used to think 3.5-4 was perfect but now with the slimmer phones and smaller bezeles 3.5-4.3 is perfect for me with my average/small hands. I can do 4.5 thats fine its just a tad to big. With a very small bezel maybe I could comfortably use a 4.8 inch iphone but I would prefer them to keep within the 4-4.3 and 4.5 at the biggest . I still think my iphone 4 screen size is perfect 90% of the time. Really amazing for texting and phone calls. It's a bit small for video though.
Ofcourse everyone has varrying handsizes and that changes what phone size they are comfortable with.
21. BattleBrat posted on 22 Jan 2013, 23:05 0 0
I agree, a 4.0" android phone made by Moto or Sony (I'm thinking iPhone 4/4s SIZED (it'll run android) would be perfect for me, but the Flagships are all huge, and there aren't really any premium smaller phones
65. darkkjedii posted on 23 Jan 2013, 08:23 0 1
I agree with u. I hope it's gets to b no more than 4.5.
17. someones4 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:35 1 0
Lol.."the main change is the sixth row of apps'
26. deadstroke posted on 22 Jan 2013, 23:37 4 0
it will come so there can call it the new innovation from apple, then we call it a pieces of junk!!
27. AlienDrone117 posted on 22 Jan 2013, 23:48 2 0
One more app row, 4.8", 12MP, and still no NFC????? Not to mention that there is no news regarding a 1080p screen or a change in appearance!
29. Jurdiales posted on 22 Jan 2013, 23:55 3 0
The PlayStation 3 has the Dualshock 3 for example, Is virtually the same controller as the 1997 Dualshock and the 2000 Dualshock 2, here applies when someone says "If its not broken, don't fix it"...
But the iPhone Math the same as the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 5??? Why? I like the iPhone 4 design, but the same again, again, and again... it feels like a Deja Vu...
30. wildcard posted on 22 Jan 2013, 23:59 4 1
woooow it is sooooo so ...ugly only an apple fan will love it
31. zackh121556 posted on 23 Jan 2013, 00:05 0 0
More and more icon rows...doesnt matter how big the screen gets because it will always look the same. If you really want to know what a big screen phone looks like, just look at almost every other phone put out last year :-). Way to be behind the times...at this point...is it your standard Apple?
36. Bozzor posted on 23 Jan 2013, 00:37 0 0
Firstly, iPhone Math is ridiculous - the reality is that this has been mis-heard by someone whose first language is not English as "iPhone Math" when what someone actually said was "iPhone Max" - or it may have been that someone saw something written as "iPhone +" and took that to mean "iPhone Math".
And just adding another row of icons? I doubt it: much more sense for Apple to increase screen size to 4.8 inches and then double (OK, quadruple) the resolution to 2272 x 1280: that would give them huge bragging rights, and I believe that pixel density is doable with the vaunted IGZO screen technology. And it would be a very simple matter for app developers to simply double the resolution as they did for the 3GS to the iPhone 4. The 4S to 5 leap was tricky because of the change in aspect ratios, but the solution as above would be a great way to answer a challenge.
38. Rocksteady posted on 23 Jan 2013, 00:57 0 0
Maybe apple is trying to rename widgets, as an excuse to use them, then call it their own creation, apple is stuck with the icons, and all they can do is give more rows of icons.
Maybe the iphone 7 will see and extra COLUMN of icons, that would change everything again.
46. iDroid8 posted on 23 Jan 2013, 03:37 0 0
One extra row of icons was added because the phone became just longer, w/o any increase in width-due to a change in aspect ratio
And now since the aspect ratio is to be kept the same, increase will be in both rows and columns-especially if screen size increases from 4" to the massive(for phone) 4.8"
Still, apple have to do something with this UI, the undisputed winner of 2007 may not be the same in 2013 -_-