This Chinese phone has a 1080p screen, quad-core processor, costs $230
1. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 4852; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
"Zopo is a smartphone manufacturer that you've surely never heard of."
Yeah, I've heard it before! :)
2. Lboogey6 (Posts: 246; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
i wonder what the connectivity will be like
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
*Please laugh along with proper grammar.*
5. Diego! (Posts: 483; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
The baby of Samsung Galaxy S4 and Iphone 4/4s? :P If it comes with wifi (which is banned in China) I'm getting one! :D
7. MachDaddy (Posts: 33; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
anyone else notice more and more of Phone Arena's stories come straight from GizChina.com?
or, put another way, if you're interested in reading about all the new Chinese phones that are coming with 5" screens and quad-core MTK6589 chips clocked at 1.2GHZ then just check GizChina.com
8. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
More iphone lookalikes - without home button
9. Topcat488 (Posts: 1046; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
For $230.00 it's not a bad phone at all, in fact I think the Chinese consumers are very lucky that they are the real superpower, in smartphone production. Even if they are copies, it's their customers that are benefitting. So many beautiful "but cheap" phones staying in China, that a lot of westerners would love too own.
17. gigaraga (Posts: 209; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Looks kinda cheap, nothing interesting here except the price o.o
18. papss (Posts: 3458; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
shocked that a chinese company would copy anything...
22. siluro (Posts: 46; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
So cheap... I would be tempted, but well I worry more about software issues that may come from a lesser known company. Not to mention being a pentaband user there's a very slim chance it could even work for me.
I would like to see a better known brand take on a Mediatek CPU and make a sub $400 1080p similar to this. Unless that is the Mediatek chip is seriously underpowered for a 1080p display.
23. Astro551 (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
I wouldn't mind paying more for for technology these days. I mean for a phone with these specs to cost $230? Think about how much the labourers get... kinda sad :(
24. ZeroCide (Posts: 679; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
it is Foxconns secret company to sell androids.
25. hipnotika (Posts: 177; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
MT6589 (previously known as MTK6588): Cortex A7 (ARMv7) CPU at 1.2 GHz quad-core / GPU: PowerVR SGX 544 at 300 MHz / 3G, HSPA+, TD-SCDMA compatible
hımm power of powervr 544 ;) maybe it would be good choice.
this is antutu benchmark :www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZheXF
27. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
They should improve their marketing
28. sbone (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Let's not forget iPhone & iPod made in China ...iPad made in Korea.
Hmmm labour costs where's the rest of the big $$$ you pay for Apple product going ???
Reckon China in the past yes cheap knock offs catering for their own market.
Now that they have the technology are developing their own competitive Brands.
Interesting but what would you expect from the now 2nd biggest economic superpower.