Sunrise means a new day for smartphone owners to use their phone
We're not sure what this says about the selfishness of smartphone owners, but 40% wake up and check out their social network compared to the 35% who read the news in the morning. The survey also revealed a huge drop off starting with the 12% that check out the Dow Jones when they awaken. On the bottom is the 3% that visit their dating apps first thing in the morning. We can understand that being the last thing you want to think about in the a.m., especially after a bad date the night before. Even horoscopes (6%) beat out dating services on the list of apps that smartphone users access when getting out of bed.
What apps do you visit first thing in the morning? Check out the chart below to see how your morning ritual compares with others in the U.S.
1. PootisMan (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Actually the first I do is listen to music and open the browser app on my phone
19. Stuntman (Posts: 707; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Yeah. I can't understand how the Alarm Clock did not make this list.
3. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
...get up from the bed.. turn on wifi router, go back to bed, check phone -.-
14. livyatan (Posts: 643; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Well, I turn on and off my router straight from my phone
17. reckless562 (Posts: 617; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
why would u have to go "turn on" ur wifi? u dont leave ur internet plugged in?
5. N-fanboy (Posts: 528; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I (in Ethiopia) usually cheak the Goal.com app. FB and Twitter follow.
6. vishu9 (Posts: 251; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
Whatsapp! I almost literally open my eyes to it after swiping away the alarm everyday
8. piyath (Posts: 150; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
browser first to surf my set of mobile phone sites...
9. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
This survey was conducted by the NSA :)
Next weeks survey is: What sounds do people make while sleeping :)
13. JunitoNH (Posts: 834; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
You should add, another look at juvenile use of apps.
10. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Are the shower and toilet considered apps? No? Oh, well ... then I guess the first apps I use are weather and Facebook.
11. TechDork (Posts: 205; Member since: 10 May 2010)
This is my morning routine:
Take a pee pee.
Check text messages
Listen to voicemails, if there are any
Go back to sleep.
12. 14545 (Posts: 1055; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Clear any other notifications
Catch up on feedly then off to the shower.
15. bubbadoes (Posts: 319; Member since: 03 May 2012)
While others still believe you need 3 gigs of ram and a s800 with 1080p to accomplish this....
18. reckless562 (Posts: 617; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
LOOOOOLLL so true. its all to eliminate the lag but DAMN, sooooo true
16. Tiberius (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
usually after i shut off the alarm on my phone i'll start up music to play while i take a shower and get ready for work.