Sony's website leaks photos of Sony Xperia Z and Sony Xperia ZL
One recent report had Sony introducing the Sony Xperia Z at CES 2013 in Las Vegas on January 8th and then launching it exactly one week later on January 15th. Perhaps as we get closer to CES, Sony will reveal some more official word about the their two new flagship handsets.
source: SonyMobile (1), (2) via Engadgetenespanol (translated) via Engadget
11. PhenomFaz posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:31 10 1
yes these liook like top quality handsets from Sony's camp...very exciting!
34. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2013, 21:02 8 1
Sony build quality is always excellent and those phones are not exception.
I can't wait to see how the software looks like, especially the camera.
51. Aaron_R96 posted on 02 Jan 2013, 08:49 2 0
Definitely very nice looking design as always with Sony, could have the specifications to be the best phone(s) on the market depending on what else is shown at CES, unfortunately I'm stuck on a 2 year contract with my Xperia S!
p.s. I also have a feeling PA has got it the wrong way round and that the Z will be the international version and the ZL will be Japan-only.. ZL is meant to have an IR blaster and I don't see that being made available worldwide yet.. time will tell, very exciting!
22. Insignificant posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:56 1 1
Never thought I'd like a wendygarett comment, maybe not that much of an iMareep after all...lol.
29. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 01 Jan 2013, 19:29 1 8
I'm no longer a mareep :)
39. GALAXY-STORM posted on 01 Jan 2013, 22:45 1 0
Yup, now you are a Sony Xperia ZORUA
42. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 01 Jan 2013, 23:11 1 2
48. PhoneArenaUser posted on 02 Jan 2013, 05:21 1 0
If it is true and front facing camera will be at the lower-right corner then I'm disappointed.
14. MistB posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:35 3 1
Looks like that's the international version so it appears the ZL will be the US/international version. The Japanese version is the Xperia Z with the front facing camera placed where it should be, the top!
18. Insignificant posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:53 4 2
No, the Z is the one for the most of the world. The ZL may also be in the same markets as the Z, which I find strange but oh well. It will also come later in the markets in which it is also offered alongside the Z. The ZL should make it's way to the USA.
46. Captain_Doug posted on 02 Jan 2013, 02:56 1 1
Don't really care where the front facing camera is. I hardly use it anyway.
6. Katrina posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:04 10 2
Sony ftw!! Starting today, Sony will be pushing out true Sony phones. :)
24. InspectorGadget80 posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:57 8 0
great same iPhone models on the next market
9. Jyakotu posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:13 5 1
They both look really good. I've been apprehensive about phones with screens biggr than 4.5", as I'm still getting used to using my GNex and it's 4.65" screen. However, the Xperia Z/ZL could definitely change my mind. Way to go Sony!
21. Insignificant posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:55 5 2
The ZL I think will be smaller than your GNex...
10. Lyngdoh posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:17 7 1
Time for my old phone to retire wen the ZL will release.
12. smallworld posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:33 6 1
These pictures tell me that it's time to save some money !
13. alila2 posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:34 4 1
Xperia ZL for the US with Hsdpa + , 1000000000000 please's.
17. Insignificant posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:51 3 1
It is a world phone. It will have LTE for the majority of the worlds' bands.
15. alila2 posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:50 5 2
I'm not a fan of a large handset , but by the picture it's clear that the ZL have a minimalistic bezel borders which make me guess it's going to be very compact handset compering to the competition out there, i'm expecting its physical size to be very close to Lg optimus G which for me and many out there, is a good size phone to be pocketable and one hand handled.
19. Insignificant posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:54 5 1
It's almost as small as the HTC One S. That's not a joke. It's slightly wider, and a tiny bit taller.
38. alila2 posted on 01 Jan 2013, 21:35 1 0
after some intense googling i found this ( The Yuga / Z will measure 138.6 x 71 x 8.1mm and weighs 140g, while the Odin / ZL measures 131.6 x 69.7 x 9.8m and weighs 147g ). if that is true i'm sold , right now i use the samsung s2 t-mobile which is (130 x 69 x 9 mm and weighs 135 g ) . wow sony i'm impressed.
16. blingblingthing posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:50 8 2
Always been a Sony fan since Sony Ericsson days. Boy how I loved my W800i.
28. blingblingthing posted on 01 Jan 2013, 19:16 4 1
Oh yes. 2mpx. Expandable storage memory stick pro duo if I recall. That joystick. Abit of multitasking and one of the sexist designs.
Heck what about the t 68i. 101 x 80 pixels color screen 256 colors. Again if I recall correctly. That was my first Sony Ericsson phone
23. InspectorGadget80 posted on 01 Jan 2013, 18:57 3 1
only a few more weeks. can't wait to upgrade :) still wish Sony would put water resistance on the Z model
26. Insignificant posted on 01 Jan 2013, 19:04 3 1
If anyone is wondering why they are different and who would ever bother getting the Z, it's because it is water/dust resistance - hopefully your 500$+ device won't suffer water damage...And both have a shutter key by the way...
27. pyradark posted on 01 Jan 2013, 19:04 3 1
that's why Sony is quiet around December,
gettin ready this handset for early release
hoping theres no delay, if sony manage to do that
i see 3rd spot for 2013 :))
30. tiara6918 posted on 01 Jan 2013, 19:38 3 1
I'm not a big sony fan but this new xperia line-up looks hot!
36. pyradark posted on 01 Jan 2013, 21:21 2 1
they are slow, but they manage to update "A LOT" of their
device since 2011 line up
35. taz89 posted on 01 Jan 2013, 21:04 2 1
liking the look of the zl...not too much bezel and a lot of screens..if it has sd card,good camera and good battery then would be very tempting
41. GALAXY-STORM posted on 01 Jan 2013, 22:53 1 0
Thats an amazing phone but they need to pull a Samsung or nokia when it comes to marketing these high end spectacular devices. Lots of people pay attention to ads. Lets see if it happens.
43. thunderising posted on 01 Jan 2013, 23:55 2 0
Xperia ZL. 5" smartphone for the size of a 4.5" one. Amazing work by Sony. Finally Sony's love for decent size (not over sized) smartphones comes in handy (otherwise it's been Mini Mini all over)
44. SonyXperiaNexus posted on 02 Jan 2013, 00:33 2 0
This will be awesome. cant wait for it. and after this i hope they'll make the next Nexus surpassing all the previous nexii. Sony FTW!!!
45. LonersPersona posted on 02 Jan 2013, 02:32 2 0
aw yeah! Xperia ZL ftw!! just hoping one is stranded to my luck :P looks like it even got a shutter key unlike its counterpart,Z. even better! :]
49. LonersPersona posted on 02 Jan 2013, 05:55 0 0
where in the hell do u see the shutter key on the right hand side Xperia Z!?
Please look again,& this tiem more closely
52. TMach posted on 02 Jan 2013, 12:38 0 0
Oh dear HTC, another huge marketing mistake not releasing the HTC Butterfly on the international market and only a 16gb (tied to one network) in the USA, I am in Europe BTW! Sony is now at the head of the queue and it will soon be time to sell my One X+ and Xperia T to acquire the Xperia Z/ZL, whichever one makes it to these shores!
53. emadshiny posted on 02 Jan 2013, 15:28 0 0
it is said that both have 5inch displays, but here in this picture the screen of ZL looks bigger
but i think both of them are great phones, get ready sammy
54. PhoneArenaUser posted on 02 Jan 2013, 19:31 0 0
Display size isn't equal to the phone size!