Sony's website leaks photos of Sony Xperia Z and Sony Xperia ZL
One recent report had Sony introducing the Sony Xperia Z at CES 2013 in Las Vegas on January 8th and then launching it exactly one week later on January 15th. Perhaps as we get closer to CES, Sony will reveal some more official word about the their two new flagship handsets.
source: SonyMobile (1), (2) via Engadgetenespanol (translated) via Engadget
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
11. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yes these liook like top quality handsets from Sony's camp...very exciting!
34. MeoCao (unregistered)
Sony build quality is always excellent and those phones are not exception.
I can't wait to see how the software looks like, especially the camera.
51. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Definitely very nice looking design as always with Sony, could have the specifications to be the best phone(s) on the market depending on what else is shown at CES, unfortunately I'm stuck on a 2 year contract with my Xperia S!
p.s. I also have a feeling PA has got it the wrong way round and that the Z will be the international version and the ZL will be Japan-only.. ZL is meant to have an IR blaster and I don't see that being made available worldwide yet.. time will tell, very exciting!
22. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Never thought I'd like a wendygarett comment, maybe not that much of an iMareep after all...lol.
29. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm no longer a mareep :)
42. wendygarett (unregistered)
48. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5465; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
If it is true and front facing camera will be at the lower-right corner then I'm disappointed.
14. MistB (Posts: 551; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Looks like that's the international version so it appears the ZL will be the US/international version. The Japanese version is the Xperia Z with the front facing camera placed where it should be, the top!
18. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
No, the Z is the one for the most of the world. The ZL may also be in the same markets as the Z, which I find strange but oh well. It will also come later in the markets in which it is also offered alongside the Z. The ZL should make it's way to the USA.
46. Captain_Doug (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Don't really care where the front facing camera is. I hardly use it anyway.
6. Katrina (Posts: 65; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Sony ftw!! Starting today, Sony will be pushing out true Sony phones. :)
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6195; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
great same iPhone models on the next market
9. Jyakotu (Posts: 817; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
They both look really good. I've been apprehensive about phones with screens biggr than 4.5", as I'm still getting used to using my GNex and it's 4.65" screen. However, the Xperia Z/ZL could definitely change my mind. Way to go Sony!
21. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
The ZL I think will be smaller than your GNex...
10. Lyngdoh (Posts: 222; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Time for my old phone to retire wen the ZL will release.
12. smallworld (Posts: 434; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
These pictures tell me that it's time to save some money !
13. alila2 (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Xperia ZL for the US with Hsdpa + , 1000000000000 please's.
17. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
It is a world phone. It will have LTE for the majority of the worlds' bands.
15. alila2 (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
I'm not a fan of a large handset , but by the picture it's clear that the ZL have a minimalistic bezel borders which make me guess it's going to be very compact handset compering to the competition out there, i'm expecting its physical size to be very close to Lg optimus G which for me and many out there, is a good size phone to be pocketable and one hand handled.
19. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
It's almost as small as the HTC One S. That's not a joke. It's slightly wider, and a tiny bit taller.
38. alila2 (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
after some intense googling i found this ( The Yuga / Z will measure 138.6 x 71 x 8.1mm and weighs 140g, while the Odin / ZL measures 131.6 x 69.7 x 9.8m and weighs 147g ). if that is true i'm sold , right now i use the samsung s2 t-mobile which is (130 x 69 x 9 mm and weighs 135 g ) . wow sony i'm impressed.
16. blingblingthing (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Always been a Sony fan since Sony Ericsson days. Boy how I loved my W800i.
28. blingblingthing (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Oh yes. 2mpx. Expandable storage memory stick pro duo if I recall. That joystick. Abit of multitasking and one of the sexist designs.
Heck what about the t 68i. 101 x 80 pixels color screen 256 colors. Again if I recall correctly. That was my first Sony Ericsson phone
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6195; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
only a few more weeks. can't wait to upgrade :) still wish Sony would put water resistance on the Z model
26. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
If anyone is wondering why they are different and who would ever bother getting the Z, it's because it is water/dust resistance - hopefully your 500$+ device won't suffer water damage...And both have a shutter key by the way...
27. pyradark (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
that's why Sony is quiet around December,
gettin ready this handset for early release
hoping theres no delay, if sony manage to do that
i see 3rd spot for 2013 :))
30. tiara6918 (Posts: 1341; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I'm not a big sony fan but this new xperia line-up looks hot!
36. pyradark (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
they are slow, but they manage to update "A LOT" of their
device since 2011 line up
35. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
liking the look of the zl...not too much bezel and a lot of screens..if it has sd card,good camera and good battery then would be very tempting
40. vickygamit (Posts: 29; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
me still rocking with w595!! works fine!!
41. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Thats an amazing phone but they need to pull a Samsung or nokia when it comes to marketing these high end spectacular devices. Lots of people pay attention to ads. Lets see if it happens.
43. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Xperia ZL. 5" smartphone for the size of a 4.5" one. Amazing work by Sony. Finally Sony's love for decent size (not over sized) smartphones comes in handy (otherwise it's been Mini Mini all over)
44. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
This will be awesome. cant wait for it. and after this i hope they'll make the next Nexus surpassing all the previous nexii. Sony FTW!!!
45. LonersPersona (Posts: 5; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
aw yeah! Xperia ZL ftw!! just hoping one is stranded to my luck :P looks like it even got a shutter key unlike its counterpart,Z. even better! :]
49. LonersPersona (Posts: 5; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
where in the hell do u see the shutter key on the right hand side Xperia Z!?
Please look again,& this tiem more closely
52. TMach (Posts: 349; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Oh dear HTC, another huge marketing mistake not releasing the HTC Butterfly on the international market and only a 16gb (tied to one network) in the USA, I am in Europe BTW! Sony is now at the head of the queue and it will soon be time to sell my One X+ and Xperia T to acquire the Xperia Z/ZL, whichever one makes it to these shores!
53. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
it is said that both have 5inch displays, but here in this picture the screen of ZL looks bigger
but i think both of them are great phones, get ready sammy
54. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5465; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Display size isn't equal to the phone size!