Sony Xperia Canopus (possible new flagship) certified in Japan, concept photos show what it may look like
According to Blog of Mobile, an Xperia Canopus made for KDDI au (Japan’s second largest mobile operator) was certified by Japanese authorities recently, carrying the model number PM-0750-BV. The blog - which usually provides reliable info - reports that KDDI’s Canopus features LTE, WiMAX, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, a quad-core Snapdragon 800 MSM-8974-AB processor, and an unspecified version of Android. It further notes that the handset’s screen could measure 5 inches, and KDDI au will likely launch it as the Xperia SOL25 (which would make sense, because the Xperia Z1 is currently sold by the carrier as the SOL23).
Another Japanese blog lists the SOL25 as being the “Xperia Z2”, and even shows a concept design based on the rumors surrounding it. Here it is (keep in mind that this is not a real device, just a fan's dream):
We have no idea if the Sony Xperia Canopus / PM-0750-BV / SOL25 will look like this, but it’s certainly a nice design (with the screen bezel thinner than on any other Xperia). We also can’t know if this handset is the Xperia Z2. But its recent certification could mean that Sony is almost ready to officially announce it. MWC 2014 is almost around the corner, so perhaps we’ll see both the Canopus and the Sirius (which may have a larger 5.2-inch screen) then.
sources: Blog of Mobile (translated), FXtec (translated)
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5150; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Too bad this line is only suitable for Samsung Galaxy.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I don't think so kid. How many phones has Sony released/announced since last month? Exactly.
Don't go back to your old ways because we all remember how that ended.
27. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2396; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
You're becoming more and more of a troll. Just look at Samsung's line up for 2013. There's thousands of versions of the same ugly piece of plastic and no one even knows about them. And Samsung has already announced more devices this year than Sony. Let's just wait a few months and see how wrong you are, as always.
36. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Troll for stating a fact? Come on now, let's not throw the 'T' word around because you're mad. A comment can be said about Samsung, and not Sony? Geez, the logic of you fans is bar to none. Prove me wrong. I would love to see you try. (Hint: it won't happen.)
46. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2396; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
So you think that "Another day, another Xperia" is a fact? You should learn how the calendar works and then see that Sony has released 3 phones in 17 days. And you want to know why that can't be said about Sony but about Samsung? It's because the fact is that Samsung announces many times more phones with little to no meaning. And it really pisses me off when you call us fans that don't have any logic in our comments, since you're even more of a biased fanboy.
55. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Well look at the irony here. You should learn how time works since Samsung only announced several devices, specifically aimed for the tablet crowd. Your opinion is your opinion, but Samsung's strategy has bene proven to be successful has it not? Call me biased all you want (which I strongly disagree), I could care less. Instated my opinion, which is what everyone does with tech. It's up to you whether you want to be biased if you do not agree with what I say.
Samsung, Apple and Moto lover, so I'm a fanboy of three companies? Cool.
84. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
I think you missed your class today Smurf, what happened?
91. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I have no classes on Friday thank you very much. So what'l are your thoughts about the concept?
128. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Not so SONY IMO. Less bezels like T2 Ultra will work..
129. nokia12 (Posts: 294; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
@PAPA SMURF I thought you were sensible...
Samsung has released tons of devices in past month let me name
Samsung galaxy - core plus , core advance , grand 2, grand neo , win pro , s duos 2,
the point is this the time of year when company updates all the device lineups.. every company is going to launch minimum 5-6 devices at this time of the year.. be it Nokia,Sammy,Sony,LG
30. vipervoid123 (Posts: 81; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Dont be joke dude ~
Since last months ?
It is not as much as samsung ~
Sammy fans just shut up ~
As far as I knw, sony only announced Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia E1 , And Xperia T2 Ultra only ~
And Xperia Z1s = Xperia Z1 and just avaliable to US ~
38. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Samsung fan, Apple fan, and Moto fan. Correct yourself.
We'll see how many devices they release this year.
31. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5150; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't worry, the "kid" knows what he's saying. I don't hate Samsung anymore so I tell you that just in case your mad Samsung disease come up again.
And we're not talking about how many phones has Sony released/announced since last month, we're talking about how many phones did Samsung released since last year.
I'm waiting for your butthurt comeback, dear Smurfette.
42. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Smurfette? It's cute you want to take cues from JakeLee.
Samsung releases lots of phones... So? But where does that get them? #1 in world market share. Hate all you want, the word market share is only familiar to Samsung and Apple.
Clearly the original topic was how many phones Sony has announced/released, and it shifted to Samsung. Nice to know.
50. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2396; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It shifted to Samsung thanks to you. And we all know it was originally you're idea to shift it, so you could again defend it.
57. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Please show me where I wrote the word Samsung in my first comment. I'll wait.
You Sony fans shifted it to Samsung. Why?
67. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2396; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
You said a phrase that everybody knows is originally said about Samsung, and you know that phrase doesn't suit Sony at all. If you're as clever as you claim to be, you already knew that somebody will say what xperiaDROID said, and so the conversation shifted to Samsung. Without your first comment (which you posted just to start arguing) we wouldn't be here now.
75. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Weak argument. You people decided to blow up the comment section, not me.
Funny how it's acceptable to say it against Samsung, but not Sony. See the bias and irony there?
86. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2396; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I already told you why it can't be said about Sony. Why didn't you say something else about Sony? Something that might actually be true.
94. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
And I already said why it could, but here you go.
Sony isn't the world leader in market share. Happy?
97. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2396; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
You didn't say why it could...
Good job you just learned to say something factual!
121. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3934; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The phrase doesn't really apply to Sony. According to PA, Sony released 9 Xperia branded phones in 2013, while Samsung released 31 Galaxy phones, more than 3 times as many.
132. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3934; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
So? Sony released 3 phones in January. Samsung released 5 tablets in the same time frame. By the way, Samsung released 6 tablets in 2013 as well, and Sony only had 1.
Sony is FAR away from earning the same "Another day, another ___" phrase as Samsung. I am by no means biased towards Sony, but you're wrong in this whole Samsung/Sony fan war you started.
133. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Maybe this should help.
130. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Dam that is a lot of devices... But out of them all they don't even have a signature series... Like what Nokia had there 8series and Vertu series... Just load of mid and lowbudget devices. Well they are not like Nokia or Motorola. I remember Motorola having a expensive phone, even BB Porsche is prestige..
51. Kuroki (Posts: 75; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
lol samsung galaxy fans can only brag about sales. poor them :(
58. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
And they are great at providing Specs, Cpu, Gpu, Screen. Love to push specs. Which I am really enjoying my
Note3 A15Exynos Rooted overclocked at 2.5Cpu.
76. Kuroki (Posts: 75; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
don't forget that they are also great in faking benchmarks and installing alot of bloatwares...
80. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Don't forget they're the most successful at obtaining people to buy the phone due to user experience next to Apple.
FYI, every phone has bloatware and every OEM cheats in benchmarks so your argument is invalid.
93. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
The more the bloatware the more the features a phone has, the problem is weak Cpu is finding it hard to push so many features. I don't blame Samsung at all. They had to release a powerful A15Cpu to take care of Touchwiz, which failed cause of Biglittle lagging, cause when changing over to A7 Cpu time indifference was not great to overtake and imply the A15s.
137. John2014 (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Jan 2014)
They are still preinstalled the special invisible software for benchmark or just SG3?
69. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5150; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, I have a problem here. The problem is: U MAD BRO?
79. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Nope. Not at all. Are you mad? You seem a little hurt over my original comment, which I believe is rightfully related to Sony's actions as of late.
96. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5150; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Just admit that you're mad, you're the one that started this stupid argument. Thanks to you, Smurfette. But you failed at bashing Sony this time, try harder next time. Epic fail.
114. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You're delusional if you believe I started the 100+ comments. Once a hater always a hater right?
Btw, it's your bedtime already?
119. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2396; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Why would he have to go to bed? It's weekend.
87. adjou (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
Samsung annonced and released 52 phones last year
Whereas Sony announced and released 9 phones last year.
Both do not include tablets
So yeah, let the facts do the talking
138. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6191; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
just let everyone enjoying their device we all know who's the company to beat.
78. akki20892 (Posts: 3292; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Xperiadroid I'm sure this phone will rocks. And will looks great if they do less bezel like this one.
82. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's a concept phone, so it may never see the light of day.
88. akki20892 (Posts: 3292; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I know that dude its a concept phone. I said if they make less bezel LIKE THIS ONE. That's what I mean.
95. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If they did make it like that, it would be a great looking phone honestly.
5. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Its still better than, "Another second, another Galaxy".
43. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol you're getting mad over a phone that doesn't exist. How do you feel?
66. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5150; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I think Smurf got too mad that he doesn't even know what he's saying. Yup, Smurf is the one that got mad here.
71. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So please tell me where I express emotions of anger. You sure you know what you're talking about kiddo?
74. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5150; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Come on kiddo, you expressed your emotions of anger all over the comment section. You sure you know what you're talking about kiddo?
85. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Show me where I provided "anger" in the comment section because quite frankly, I can't find any. That would be comment number three where you threw in something for no reason lol.
104. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5150; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Why should I show you? Can't you look at the comment section and see what you spit in here?
You're really mad. Really mad.
77. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2396; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
If you don't express anger while writing your butthurt comments, it proves that you're a trolling robot with no feelings what so ever.
89. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It proves nothing. I'm actually feeling a little disappointed this article is flooded with comments filled with anger and bias. This article is probably going to get deleted soon.
105. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2396; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Why are you calling every other person here biased, but won't admit that your comments are biased?