Sony D6503 ‘Sirius’ KitKat interface leaks in its entirety, two frontal speakers and 4K video confirmed
1. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
good job to sony for making phone with no compromise.
the 6 months cycle is a good idea. just hope the name this Z2 so its recognizable
31. KParks23 (Posts: 471; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Sony needs to figure out what LG is doing cuz the battery life on the G2 and flex is ridiculous! Battery life is one of the z1 main downfalls
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Classy UI with neat features.
But again I would say it can't be Z2.
3. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3372; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I hope 4k video comes to Z1 and Z1 Compact with the 4.4 update!!
4. livyatan (Posts: 763; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Sony's Android is the most beautiful OS ever
28. reckless562 (Posts: 1105; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
lols stewie would want a blaster.....
6. istitch (Posts: 173; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
on top of those top notch specs, im more looking forward to seeing new features like smart calling.. face down to ring off, shake to reject, and answer by putting the phone near the ear...
9. Dowson (unregistered)
I hope that as well and also I wish they'll add: spit on it to press enter. However I don't think this variant is water resistant.
16. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
All the above you spoke is coming in this model. Check Xperia Blog for checking out Sony's biggest Software update till date
27. chuah1997 (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
After releasing all these feature you mention..then SOME Fanboy will say Sony Copycat or else...
7. hurrycanger (Posts: 1348; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
This looks a lot (yes, a lot) better than how Sony's UI currently looks.
But there is something wrong with pic 4 (and 45). The screen is in portrait, yet the buttons are sideway...
10. aditya.k (Posts: 489; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Its the camera app that's why. You're probably holding it in landscape mode. So maybe they made it default to look like that?
34. hurrycanger (Posts: 1348; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I'm not so sure about that. Usually I see the soft buttons rotating according to how you hold the phone. On a phone, people take photos in portrait mode very frequently, too. Beside, having all those buttons sideway while everything else on the screen show in portrait (specifically the texts) is very annoying.
Anyway, it's just weird looking to me. XD
8. XaErO (Posts: 203; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Sony's Timescape is getting better and better .. It's Neat, Clean and looks very Light ..
Hope it is Fast too and not like Samsung's Touchwiz ..
17. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Its called XPERIA UI 4.0 [ Current Version is 3.0] , Timescape is dead with SE
11. pwnarena (Posts: 1000; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
finally sony is trying to compete. some features are similar to samsung's but who cares. if samsung can copy, others also can and should ... for the benefit of users.
12. Amir1 (Posts: 277; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
SWEEEET! this phone is going to be so full of USABLE features! 2 speakers, gloves mode, 4k ready - is great just by itself! many other software and hardware are going to be reviled at MWC!
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Great! I'm happy to see that Sony is finally adding smart features to their phones. But this can't be the Z2, because the model number is D6503 and the ZL is C6503 so this could be ZL's successor.
Anyway, bring it on Sony!
15. rency0722 (Posts: 77; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Xperia Arc has Arc S, Xperia S has SL...
Xperia Z1 has...
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
...Xperia Z1S. But the Z1S is the US variant of the Z1.
14. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 861; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Oh wow, a whole lot of features we got in the Galaxy S3, some of them ripped straight from the Galaxy S3 it seems yet nobody crying foul and yelling 'copycat, copycat!!' Lol, funny how the world works.
Glad to see Sony finally playing catch up, guess their late 2014 flagship will bring Galaxy S4 features, lol.
18. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Instead of using your fingers typing these bullsh*ts, try to use your mind and educate yourself a little bit. Go and search about the sources of those features that Sammy has used in its S3 and S4.
Air gestures was first used by Sony itself.
21. shuaibhere (Posts: 1708; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Air view debuted with note 10.1 before Xperia sola....And the so called small apps by sony too debuted in note 10.1..
33. pwnarena (Posts: 1000; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
sola was announced march 2012. note 10.1 was announced august 2012.
so august comes before march?
35. pwnarena (Posts: 1000; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
also, i didn't realize "tap to wake" is a feature already found in the tablet z upon release. that means it's not really LG's original feature.
proof (from the tab z manual):
To activate the screen
Briefly press the power key Power key Sony Xperia™ V.
If Tap to wake up mode is enabled, double-tap the screen.
To enable Tap to wake up mode, go to the Home screen, then tap > Settings > Display > Tap to wake up.
25. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 861; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
The air gestures are a small part of my point. I'm talking about things such as Samsung's Smart Stay which Sony now call Smart backlight control, Samsung's Easy Mode which Sony now call Simple Home etc... Straight from the S3. The implementation of the gestures are from Samsung to, Smart Call Handling for example is a watered down version of Samsung's Motion controls which include Direct Call and Smart Alert.
I suggest you take your own advice buddy ;) practice what you preach.
By the way Note10.1 brought many of the gestures.
32. pwnarena (Posts: 1000; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
bottom line: samsung copied some features from sony so there's no reason for sony not to do the same. it does not matter how many features were copied as long as they resorted to copying.
samsung copied from sony first while sony never complained. now, who are you to complain?
we should even be glad since nobody's suing somebody this time unlike what has been happening with apple.
36. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
What was copied from Sony Android devices? Ps everyone copies everyone but asking what did Samsung phones copy off Sony phones?
37. pwnarena (Posts: 1000; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
xperia sola pioneered air gestures / no-touch touch controls which was called floating touch. that was in march 2012. also, the panorama mode used at present is from sony cameras. sony is also the first among major mobile device makers to have offered displays with white magic technology (the white pixel in adidition to rgb). samsung is now using something similar in the note 10 2014.
38. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I give you the floating touch though I don't think Samsung used it in the same way as Sony did.. As I remember Sony used in its browser. Come on really wrgb that's just nitpicking now lol its like saying if you use ips screen then your now copying. Also really panorama, that's just taking it a bit too far lol plenty of phones have had panorama for a while as well many cameras, let's not forget Samsung too make digital cameras etc but really calling something like panorama which let's be honest all cameras were going to have anyways so to suggest having that feature is a copy just in the same way to say Sony is copying by adding 4k because again that's just the next obvious thing to do just like adding panorama. Things like smart stay, smart call, easy mode are not something that was obviously the next thing to add. Like I said everyone copies everyone but panorama really.
26. jpraveensn (Posts: 7; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
Most of it looks the same as on 4.3 except for the features on 4.4 like printing etc!
Let's see for the final product!
29. Arsen (Posts: 31; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Everything is great and then...... A sh!tty battery life. don't be mad at me. I'm also a Sony fan