Samsung to take on Apple and Sony tablet designs with a high-res AMOLED Galaxy Tab 3 Plus
1. dan86 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 03:30 33
Amoled display with 300 ppi and exynos octa/snapdragon 800. And killer is ready.
5. AnTuTu posted on 22 Mar 2013, 03:46 23
Going to be another great year for Sammy. S4, Note 3 and all those high res tablets. Best of luck Samsung :)
Innovation at its best...!!
21. omar300 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 07:32 7
uglier than iphone can ever be. its time people started paying tribute to other companies like htc and sony.
2. twens posted on 22 Mar 2013, 03:36 25
Now that amoled displays are getting higher resolutions, I don't feel attracted to LCD panels anymore.
3. emadshiny posted on 22 Mar 2013, 03:39 15
so they know that their designs are not interesting.
4. Timmehor posted on 22 Mar 2013, 03:45 13
AMOLED is good, but not as good as an IPS display. duh. I think Samsung are taking advantage of AMOLED as a "brand" name and using that to market their products successfully. Because Samsung could easily make a product with an IPS display anyday.
6. BadAssAbe posted on 22 Mar 2013, 03:56 12
I will tell you the main reason amoled is considered better
IPS is realistic (plain colors) looking while amoled Looks (Brighter colors) DYNAMIC
Black is black on Amoled screens, not very dark gray like IPS
Images appear to float, with no way of telling where the screen ends in a dark room
10in tablet will be Awesome
8. Timmehor posted on 22 Mar 2013, 04:07 3
True, not to be all "NOKIA RULEZ", but with Nokia's Clearblack Technology those "blacker blacks" can be achieved on their Lumia 920 IPS display. AMOLED can look saturated, but looks great for a lower pixel amount/density. If you have a real high pixel amount/density on an IPS display it will look far better, especially with Nokia's Clearblack Display ;D
12. zackdbassist posted on 22 Mar 2013, 04:50 11
Now you are talking like a true Nokia fanboy.
Amoled's are good for better blacks, better color saturation(Whcih can be tuned according to preference), better contrast and lesser reflectivity.
IPS lcd has the upper hand in whites. And Nokia clearblack lcd on Lumia 920 although good but Htc one x's display is way better with better blacks than clear black lcd from Nokia.
For nokia blacks at full brightness is .48 and for one x its .39. Amoled's have 0. The lesser the better.
All info is taken from Lumia 920 review from Gsmarena.
14. Timmehor posted on 22 Mar 2013, 05:45 4
Just because I support Nokia doesn't mean im "fanboy" I can like tech that ISN'T nokia, right? I was just stating an opinion, and yes I agree. Nokia's clearblack technology also battles glare.
16. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 22 Mar 2013, 07:06 0
So here comes the IPS SLCD3 with Super Amoled with 544PPi™
20. xperiaDROID (limited) 6 days ago posted on 22 Mar 2013, 07:16 2
Dude, Timmehor likes Nokia doesn't mean he is a Nokia fanboy. I like Sony, but that doesn't mean I'm not a Sony fanboy. This is PhoneArena, we are talking about fair and square, not fanboys.
29. Timmehor posted on 22 Mar 2013, 18:07 2
Another reason why you're so cool. Thanks.
31. xperiaDROID (limited) 6 days ago posted on 22 Mar 2013, 21:42 0
Happy to help :)
33. Timmehor posted on 22 Mar 2013, 23:21 0
28. zhiae posted on 22 Mar 2013, 15:35 0
and nokia lumia 920 glass is dark so it will be more black and less white
13. kclgphilsbsa posted on 22 Mar 2013, 04:59 0
whnever i lokk at 720p amoled display, i just cant help but wowed,, and whnever i go to celltrade centers, i just cant find any kind of display other than the amoled boost some spectacular charm
7. mikel1902 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 03:56 10
its a long wait for this new tablet... a replacement for my glalaxy note 10.1
9. joesseth posted on 22 Mar 2013, 04:12 2
What's with the design if you have an amazing jelly case. Bwahahaha!!!
10. Rexperia posted on 22 Mar 2013, 04:29 6
Hahahaha.... Steal the design of ipad and xperia tablet z... What a shame...
25. MEeee posted on 22 Mar 2013, 09:30 3
2010 iPad looks like 2006 Samsung Photo Frame
2013 Xperia Z looks like 2012 MS Surface
32. pyradark posted on 22 Mar 2013, 21:50 0
does surface is thin as Z tablet?
does surface has omni balance design on corners of Z tablet?
does surface build to endure both shock,dust & water like Tablet Z?
surface is good but its heavy
15. k1ng617 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 05:52 1
I'd love a 10in AMOLED Note tablet with IR blaster, super compact, and super fast!
17. xperiaDROID (limited) 6 days ago posted on 22 Mar 2013, 07:08 2
Don't disappoint us again Sammy, prove it to us that you can make a cool-looking design!
18. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 22 Mar 2013, 07:09 0
You should take new heights with your Cpu and Gpu to defeat iPad Samsung™
22. tiara6918 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 07:33 6
Sammy please also use the same material with the galaxy tab 7.7 for your tab3. I hope you continue making those eye candy amoled displays on your tablets
26. MEeee posted on 22 Mar 2013, 09:33 1
iPad inspired by the design of 2006 Samsung Photo Frame and any laptop monitor displays.
24. cR203 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 08:38 0
A galaxy tab with an amoled display would be great. I would definitely sell my nexus 10 for it. I really hope this is true.
27. Taters posted on 22 Mar 2013, 11:32 0
Samsung showed off a 11.6 and 10.1 AMOLED display and the 10.1 IPS display at one of the shows. Google chose the IPS display for the Nexus 10 though. Either way, Samsung will make the right choice based on market research and listening to the customers.
They showed the 11.6 way back in the iPad 3 days 3 or 4 CES shows ago but I couldn't find the link.
And if they do not use aluminum like they did for the 7.7, it will be the right choice. Asian markets were complaining that the LG Optimus G didn't have a removable battery so they added it back for LG Optimus G pro. So it looks like only the phonearena/HTC/Sony market cares about glass or aluminum and that market is pretty small and might be extinct soon for their lack if intelligence.
30. pyradark posted on 22 Mar 2013, 19:39 2
see Sammy knows whose the Top Dog in Tablet Design "Apple & Sony"
please, Im not a hater of sammy, but S4 sucks in design, hoping a great design with galaxy tab 3