Samsung official: Samsung Galaxy S5 to be unveiled in New York City during March
A published report out of Korea on Tuesday, cites an anonymous Samsung official who says that the MWC is mostly for business meetings and that the timing is wrong for an unveiling of the Galaxy S5 in Barcelona. And instead of a March launch in London, this executive says that the unveiling will be in New York City instead.
That might not seem terribly surprising considering that the Samsung Galaxy S4 was introduced to the world in New York City's Times Square last March. If the Korean based OEM is going back to the Big Apple to unveil the Galaxy S5, we wonder if HTC will be hanging out nearby with the HTC One+ like they did last year with the HTC One.
source: ZDNetKorea (translated) via TechRadar
1. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
I will never buy a samsung device anymore... LG and Sony FTW...
20. SandraB (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
the best selling phone is going to be better
24. EclipseGSX (limited) (Posts: 1587; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
You are missing out. If you are a true lover of tech, you will try everything there is to offer. Otherwise you are just a hater.
32. Astoni (Posts: 504; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
He's a True iSh33p. look at all his posts. everything is negative about everyother platforms except iphone. even if it's a leap in technology that will benefit everyone..
12. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
g-galaxy-s4-i9500/p/itmdk7uacdzkg4zp?pid=M OBDK7U9FFPUAGPZ&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=samsung+ galaxy+s4&ref=b39df3df-1f28-4f2f-931c-63b268e4766c
Look at the number of 1-star reviews at the bottom of the page... even nokia has better reviews than samsung -_-
14. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
flipkart is not the place to judge.
nobody can stop the success of samsung.
flipkart a bunch of paid trolls.
atlast most certified people will be saying they are happy.
18. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
I know.. it seems like Samsung is becoming more like Apple, as a status symbol,thats why its selling more. I personally don't like Samsung UI(yea we can install custom ROM but many people won't root the phone)
21. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
you are right.
I am not fan of touchwiz.
I hate touchwiz launcher I always use nova from the day one.
you are right samsung have to be carefull not to destroy
13. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Give the LG's G2 a try, then you'd never go back to Samsung. Ummmm, the upcoming G3 would be better than S5.
16. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
G3 will sell 2 million
S5 will 200 million..
and you will say G3 is good still hahaha lol!
nobody can stop the KOREAN GIANT !!
19. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Selling more doesn't mean the phone is good.. As I said earlier Samsung has become as a status symbol (like Apple)
25. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
selling is the point.
if a phone with many core , many pixel and if it dont sell well it is called FLOP!
SIMILARLY, If a good film did not have enough boxoffice collection ITS A FLOP!
26. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
If a good movie don't have popular actors that won't get good collections.
SIMILARLY, if a phone is not promoted it won't sell well. Samsung spends millions on marketing
38. Ronny666 (Posts: 108; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Even if the movie was promoted so well, still can flop in the box office if the movie sucks big time since viewers are not dumb.
"If a good movie don't have popular actors that won't get good collections." Oh well, you must be talking about Bollywood.
Samsung spends alot in marketing and R&D yet able to sustain much higher sales and profitability than their Android rivals. How is that a disadvantage? What's stopping other companies from doing that?
72. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
ARE YOU AN IDIOT???
The product itself doesn't even make half of the sales. It's ALL ABOUT THE MARKETING.
34. PersianHobo (Posts: 55; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
what does sales have to do with which phone is better? clearly the samsung will sell more because they spend so much on advertising.
millions of people use to think the world was flat, didn't mean they were smarter or better than few others...
40. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
samsung got more money to spend on advertising because of their phone selling more.
41. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
millions of people use to think like that world is flat but my deen said that is wrong 1400 years back .
36. PootisMan (Posts: 203; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
First of all there both Korean and second, selling lots of devices doesn't automatically make that phone the better option. An example would the Nexus 5. I think its a much better phone than Gs4 and when the Gs5 comes out I will guarantee you that the Nexus 5 will be the phone with the more fluid and smooth experience, but to each there own I guess.
27. maherk (Posts: 898; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Let me tell you a cool story, one day my wife decided to trade her note 2 for the lg g2, no matter how hard I tried to show her the features on my note 3, she was sold on getting the g2. At the end she did, and guess what, am not gonna say she hates it, but she doesn't like it. She loves the camera, and that's it. While battery is a bit better than my note 3, she can't swap batteries when we are on a trip, or simply far from a charging cable. The on screen buttons is pain in the butt when you are trying to press the space bar while typing. She envies the ir blaster on my note 3, simply because of the watchon app. While the one on her g2 is almost useless. Then comes customization, I can change the battery door whenever I want, add home buttons, and find thousands of different cases amd covers for the note 3, and its not the same story with the g2.
The only good thing, is that when she switched to lg, she got used to the ui in a heartbeat, simply because it is a damn rip off the touchwiz. Too bad, I had to install nova launcher for her, because this thing loses it's smoothness after one week of use.
30. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Phablet vs Phone hmm interesting. I agree with that onscreen button thing. For the battery part you can always carry portable chargers.
35. maherk (Posts: 898; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Yeah, how practical are the portable chargers? Tell me how it feels with a external battery dangling from your phone.
And regarding the phone vs phablet, the note 1 was 5.2", and the g2 has a 5.2" screen as well. Unless the 5.2" on the g2 is some way smaller??
68. kevkyle (Posts: 63; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
i have the LG2.....am loving it. i also like Note 3 but not digging S4.
...but am excited 'bout the S5", )
28. -Shadow- (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
" G3 would be better than S5"
of course, it comes 3-6 months after S5 it is expected to be better.
39. MrKoles (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Funny how everybody hates Samsung and their Galaxy-line, and still they have the highest sales. LG and Sony together won't have that number and profit. And that's why it's useless to comment this in every news about SS because you can't do nothing against it.
62. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Yeah.. my thoughts too. It's going to be an exciting event, I can't wait to see what they have in store.
44. Ashoaib (Posts: 1978; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
So dont buy, I dont think anyone requesting you to do so... you have a right not to buy what you dont like. You dont have to declare it
48. plary122 (Posts: 26; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
I switched from Samsung to Apple and I'm glad i did that.
71. Mian.Shahzad (Posts: 23; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
I switched from iPhone 5 to Galaxsy S4 and i am proud to have GS4 :P i tink you don watch 1080p HD Movies on Phone, Samsung have great display experience
52. PAPINYC (Posts: 2279; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Says the person with the syntax problem; your money might be better invested in English classes (instead).
53. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Where have you been....? Long time no posts...?
Great, really good to see you back!!!!!
73. rkoforever90 (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
i will buy nexus 6 this year, but sure more excited about sony`s new flagship than s5,
2. SandraB (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
The best selling phone, is going to be better !
4. surethom (Posts: 256; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
If launch in America let's hope it no after 4pm as all of Europe will be asleep. London is the ideal launch base,.
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6429; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
If i could only hang on for 4 more months i would of got the GS V
7. nokia12 (Posts: 323; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
if you could wait for another 4-5 months after s5 you could get note 4 ..
this cycle never ends so after you buy flagship stop reading phonearena and other tech news. so you can enjoy what you have for longer
8. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
u remember how S4 got "underspeced" in just a month?There is more competition this time and I don't think Samsung will be the best seller.
29. maherk (Posts: 898; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Compare the 5 million htc one sold, the 2 million lg g2 units, and the galaxy s4's 50 million units sold and give me a good explanation with freakin facts why it won't be the best selling android device. I remember reading how the htc one was going to be the rise of htc and the decline of sammy, same with the g2, g pro, optimus g, sony z, sony z1. Even you morons, picked the huawei mate 1 as the note series killer. You guys are delusional as phuck.
31. Ronny666 (Posts: 108; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Samsung knew that there are going to be "underspeced" in 2013 but that did not stop them from selling at least 5x more than their closest competitor (except Apple).
So, their mission has accomplished. :)
33. -Shadow- (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
none of other android manufacturers were close to samsung last year, so most likely samsung will be highest seller this year too. things do not change overnight.
43. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6429; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I know so i'm just going to try to hang onto my Z1 long i can then i'll switch to buy a GALAXY PHONE just waiting for the foldable phone
63. casualavi (Posts: 48; Member since: 02 Oct 2013)
There is nothing to be sad of.. Technology is always advancing forwards.. this doesn't mean you have to stop loving technology.. I am using a Galaxy S2 that is nearly 3 years old still I come to PhoneArena daily..
Moreover, you can always keep your Android device up to date no matter how old it is.. #HTCD2 #GalaxyNexus
11. axllebeer (Posts: 265; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
I like my Galaxy Tab 3 and Note 10.1, but I just don't know how well a plastic body phone would survive my lifestyle. I think I need a little stainless steel for the win. :)
42. maherk (Posts: 898; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
You do know that polycarbonate is more durable than aluminum? And it's aluminum used on the iphone and htc one, not stainless steel.
22. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
The possibility of a new user interface has me really really interested in the S5, that and a metal chassis. Gonna have to be something pretty drastic for me to step away from my Z1S I just ordered this week..
23. promise7 (Posts: 410; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Please no cheesy broadway show theme this time.
45. darkkjedii (Posts: 11215; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Galaxy S5, iPhone 6, and Galaxy note 4 will be the three phones that matter 2014. Everything else will simply fill-in the pie
46. AppleJuice (Posts: 46; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
That's right, I'm excited to see what the G3 and Z2 will bring too. But design-wise, I want to see the S5 and i6, can't wait.
50. darkkjedii (Posts: 11215; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It's redesign year, I can't wait either.