Samsung Galaxy S IV to scroll on-screen content based on eye movement?
more important than the hardware.
Samsung has filed a trademark for the name "eye scroll" in Europe and the U.S., explaining that it covers "Computer application software having a feature of sensing eye movements and scrolling displays of mobile devices, namely, mobile phones, smartphones and tablet computers according to eye movements; digital cameras; mobile telephones; smartphones; tablet computers." The next flagship Android phone will be introduced March 14th in New York.
1. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 13:59 8
Phonearena!!? Why are not writing about nokia? All this samsungtalk all the time. :/
5. tech2 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:04 44
Chill. Expect a lot of this till 14th March and a little while after. Its Samsung turn to be in the lime light, few months later it will be Google, then Motorola, Nokia .....etc. its the cycle of mobile world ! :)
11. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:22 5
Thats not fair!!! Nokia showed lumia 720 at MWC. Why not write about it??
13. emadshiny posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:25 10
because here is Iphone galaxy arena.
you need to go to Nokia arena to read related news.
17. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:31 6
Iam serious! Samsung is just copying nokia all the time. Look att the purpleblue GS3. Nokia is making colorful phones and got copied!!
27. urtard (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:10 28
0/10, just stop posting
43. tll84 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 16:10 19
really?? this is what you are worried about being copied.......the color of a phone??? i hate to think that we are going to hear people wanting phone companies to copyright a color. wow, i think we have hit a new low.
50. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 17:03 0
Remember its nokias idea for the first!
63. shuaibhere posted on 04 Mar 2013, 19:18 14
Have you ever heard about samsung corby, champ, galaxy y....
All of these phones came in many colours even before nokia thought of making lumia phones..
even s2 comes in many colour....
57. jcarrigan (unregistered) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 17:51 10
Seriously dude, nokia doesnt control having colored phones. got over yourself. besides all these nokia phones looks the same
16. feres13 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:30 28
There's nothing interesting from nokia to talk about, the 720 is not exactly a flagship, The galaxy s series sold more than 100 million phones, and soon the galaxy S4 will be introduced. If the nokia announced EOS ( the one with the true pureview ) i'm sure Phonearena will talk alot about it.
Also there's nothing ground breaking about the 720, it's a midrange phone and there was no announcement for it's availability for it in the US. And if there was news about nokia, PA would write about it. Now it's GS4's time to shine. D-10
18. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:36 2
I heard Eloop talking about Lumia 720. He sad it was a fantastic phone with superior specs!!
25. SleepingOz posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:09 13
29. feres13 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:15 14
I'm sorry but WVGA puts it in the " Don't even think about it" category
31. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:32 1
It is clearblack!! Nokias own screen technology!!
38. feres13 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:57 7
You are really messed up bro, what did elop do yo you??
Clearblack my ass it's pixelated
40. feres13 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 16:00 8
Is there unicrons iside the phone and is this low res screen's pixels made out of fairy dust??
66. SamsungFan posted on 04 Mar 2013, 19:36 4
Stop posting lol.
22. Commentator posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:52 23
What is there even to say about the 720? It's a Nokia phone with mid-range specs and Windows Phone 8. Wow.
Eye movement-based scrolling, on the other hand, is something to talk about.
42. RiseAgainst94 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 16:06 0
ANYWAY this technology is probably as relevant as the Galaxy SIII's hologram...just rumor.
45. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 16:14 1
Clearblack is not a rumor!! Its reality!
51. clark posted on 04 Mar 2013, 17:09 10
You know what nokia poor fanboy stop messing this adorable page and accept the reality that your has nothing special to offer with its just WP8 phone and nobody cares on it but a st**id fanboy like you. Samsung is continuing their innovation and Galaxy S4 is another innovation from them. Nokia is just part of the history and so WP8 still having its very low sales despite promotion from Nokia. Accept it, you and your Nokia already lose the battle.
58. 8logic posted on 04 Mar 2013, 18:05 10
Copying the concept of colorful phones?????? I see a future apple lawyer there........
60. asseek posted on 04 Mar 2013, 18:23 7
so you're the Nokia trolling version, who jumps on every article, Nokia-related, Android-related, or whatever the article is about just to post some stupid comments related to Nokia, good for you kid, you've set a new record for trolling
if you're a real fan of Nokia, stop this bullsh*t
and about the article that sounds amazing, and innovative.
39. ZeroCide posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:59 2
Chill as we ramp up to march 14 the hype will get bigger then it will fizzle off. Then its off to the next thing.
44. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Mar 2013, 16:12 1
If you know about any unannounced news related with Nokia, you always can send a tip for a Phone.Arena.com.
48. MrJerry posted on 04 Mar 2013, 16:42 8
BTW please stop whining and grow up
3. Tronics24 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:02 15
I jus had a wowgasm jus by reading the article...imma pass on the the s4 tho keeping ma note 2 yet 2 see a phone surpass it in terms of features :)...getting the note 3
4. Izoe posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:04 19
Someone say true innovation? If this is true that is. This is the kinda thing manufacturers should be focusing on instead of lawsuits. Bringing new features that make the phone easier to use and take advantage of all the excessive power under the hood of phones these days.
6. zaryab_hussain77 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:05 6
On 14 march 666 The Galaxy Beast will be unveiled
32. ebubekir26 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:43 13
i don't see a reason why someone would dislike my comment
35. urtard (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:50 11
it's xperia-knight and his 5 other accounts
64. shuaibhere posted on 04 Mar 2013, 19:23 6
You made my day..
8. darac posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:07 14
Now that would be some true futuristic stuff, if they make it work properly
9. kaliil10 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:16 6
Phonearena you are really sammy fun boys... you write the possitve news from Nokia wich the other websites write . but when you write your own article about Nokia phones you say always bad news like lumia 920 camera isn't good.
59. 8logic posted on 04 Mar 2013, 18:09 1
They never said it wasn't good..... They even said it took great low light pics... What they did say was it was not what all the hype made it out to be.
10. emadshiny posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:19 3
the question is whether they can make it work properly.
but i think these specs are not as important as hardware.
using one finger to scroll up or down is not that difficult.
12. drnggaj33 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:24 3
my nest phone gonna be a sam s4 or the google moto X phone....ill wait a lil longer
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:30 4
Watch when sony drops another phone later this year....its gonna make samsung s**t its pants
21. Esf_Kid posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:50 2
whats the problem with Z?
i think its the best phone right now and S4 doesn't seem way different than Z or even htc One.
26. urtard (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:09 15
"best phone" with a horrible display, atrious battery life, fragile glass, purple and pink tinted camera and a copy of lg optimus g
37. emadshiny posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:57 3
"horrible"? this is the highest ppi available right now and you call it horrible only because of viewing angles? how do you know about the battery? it lasts more than a day with average usage.
"fragile glass"? didn't you see any drop test of it? it is one of the most durable devices right now.
did you work with camera or just commenting with regard to some biased reviews?
and the last part of your comment is the most ridiculous one. "copy of LG" haha.
bring on more realistic defects without flavor of fanboism.
62. urtard (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 19:04 1
Look at all this butt-devastation pouring out of this sony shill LOL
"ITS NOT FAIR THE REVIEW WAS BIASED CUZ IT DOESNT AGREE WITH ME!"
67. cheetah2k posted on 04 Mar 2013, 19:57 2
The HTC DNA beat it to the highest PPI dude... get your facts straight...
73. emadshiny posted on 05 Mar 2013, 00:45 1
no one even counts on DNA as a flagship.
it is nowhere close to Z.
65. shuaibhere posted on 04 Mar 2013, 19:26 1
Thank you for another senseless comment...
You can dream what ever you want..but it'll never happen...
19. Hemlocke (unregistered) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:40 1
Kudos to Samsung for trying this. I can't see it being a smooth function, and battery life will take a hit, but this is a better software innovation than Smart Stay or the awful split screen (Great on tablets, but not useful on sub 5.5" screens).
53. procopiojose posted on 04 Mar 2013, 17:17 7
are you nuts?? the split screen is a great feature.. i'll give you a scenario that happens to me..
you are on a unfamiliar place and you need to track location using google map and gps.. but then you need to send messages to know where exactly you are going. you can open the messaging app at the top so you can do both without switching screens.
samsung might have improved this feature for the gs4. and all i can see is good things about it.
61. jroc74 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 19:04 2
I wish I had split screen when on the web and wanting to do something else. Even switching music players and being on the web, split screen would be nice. I have about 4 players....been to lazy to see if all songs can be played on 1.
3 are part of streaming services...
I use public transportation alot....having pdf's on a split screen would be helpful. I can catch 3-4 buses at the station on the way home, 2 in the morning going to work.
What can I say...I multi task... or I actually use my smartphone for other than making calls and texting...lol.
70. Taters posted on 04 Mar 2013, 21:59 2
Ignore him. He is just a hater. Smart stay works great as well. He is just hating because his mind is too feeble to realize that a handset does no it have to have a metal finish to be nice.
23. oister85 posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:00 13
innovation samsung got the game rolling. Good job samsung
30. timtimity posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:32 5
I'm a fan of mobile technology. Any innovation is good innovation, no matter who makes it. This comes to mind every time I see a fan boy argument/trolling/abuse of a product just because you don't like it (probably without any hands on experience with it) on here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v