Samsung Galaxy Ace, Gio get CyanogenMod10 ROMs despite their older chips
If you want to change that, you should be on XDA Developers where all the development happens and now the Samsung Galaxy Ace and Gio, some of the most affordable low-end Androids, got the CyanogenMod 10 ports.
CyanogenMod 10 is the Jelly Bean based version of the custom ROM. If you want to flash it, just check out the links below where you’ll find all the detailed information you need.
via GSM Arena
1. script_writer posted on 25 Jul 2012, 06:26 3 0
Like this. already have jelly bean stock on my gnex, however one of my friends acturlly asked if it was possible to update their galaxy ace to something abit more recent. at the time i couldnt give them a str8 answer. well now i can. thanks xda
2. ilia1986 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 06:55 6 0
And that is the beauty in Android - your device gets supported (officially or unofficially) for a much longer time than the iPhone.
3. easymomo posted on 25 Jul 2012, 09:05 3 0
I wonder why everybody is ignoring the Galaxy Note. C10 on SIII, SII even ace but no note ...
5. script_writer posted on 25 Jul 2012, 09:56 1 0
proberbly because the note is phablet and note a phone. also the note2 is being announced soon
4. stent00 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 09:10 1 4
Ah no. IPhone 3gs even got upgrades last year. Its a 3 year old phone. How many Android phones can you day that about
6. ilia1986 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 10:30 0 0
If by "upgrades" you mean iOS 5.2 - because about 90% of iO6's features are NOT available to the 3GS - then yes. You get to enjoy your VIP mailbox. Woohoo.
7. ilia1986 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 10:32 0 0
Android on the other hand - DOES support the full features on every phone. And yes - even phones from 2009:
8. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 25 Jul 2012, 12:16 1 0
If you have a 3GS, ask Siri.
Oh, wait, you can't.
9. faisal8708 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 15:06 0 0
Not everybody root their phones so if itnt official it cant be called an update. People should ask OEMs how come develoers can port newer versions on old low level smartphones and they dont?
10. ilia1986 posted on 25 Jul 2012, 15:50 0 0
BS. If it's an update - it's an update - official or not.
11. absnas posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:49 0 0
is this also applicable for ace plus?? please replay