Rumor: Samsung working on a cheaper Galaxy Note II, 13-inch tablet with keyboard dock, and the mysterious Project J
1. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Whatever samsung touches these days is gold:-|
19. AnTuTu (Posts: 897; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
It is gold because they are master at whatever they do.
2. rgxVOiD (Posts: 435; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
What's the point of having a 13 inch tablet?
4. valapsp (Posts: 478; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Exactly. I love the portability of 7 inch tablets. 10 inch tablets are OK too but 13 is ...
16. _Bone_ (Posts: 2136; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Oh I remember the 2000s when you could get a 17" laptop with 750GBs of storage a full program functionality at a moderate price, and now 'why 13", it's too big', 'why demand 128GB built-in storage' and 'what's the point of full programs', really, why did we stop thinking big?
24. rgxVOiD (Posts: 435; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
its not about stop thinking big, its about why. There are laptop/ultrabooks that's 10-14 inches, so why would you want a 13 inch tablet (with a keyboard dock), running android to replace a laptop if it can't even do half of what regular laptop can do?
9. rgxVOiD (Posts: 435; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
If its running windows, probably but android? ...no
10. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 864; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
If it has a keyboard dock and runs android/ubuntu that ubuntu has been working on then i might buy to consoladate my laptop/tablet.
12. rgxVOiD (Posts: 435; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Since its Samsung, its just going to be Android running touchWiz
20. someones4 (Posts: 619; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
If it looks like the Asus Zenbook or Samsung series 9 but with a detachable screen, I would totally get one for pure aesthetics alone.
But seriously..just like how everyone booed the galaxy note, a 13-inch tablet might just be the catalyst for further growth
3. Meleagru (Posts: 84; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
Samsung and cheap don't really mix nowadays, they have begun to overcharge for their phones lately. Although not as much as Apple, they still have a significant profit margin on hardware.
11. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
over charge by charging what they have been?
22. someones4 (Posts: 619; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Samsung has around a 20 to 30% profit margin which is higher than some OEMs but is actually a reasonable range. The other's try to keep lowering the margin in hopes of boosting sales through volume alone. Apple, on the other hand may have margins up to 50 or 60%. THAT is really unreasonable.
(facts and figures may vary)
5. wando77 (Posts: 303; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
The J stands for Jizz cause that's what everybody will do when it gets released
7. CellularNinja (Posts: 303; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
That would be sweet if they made a 13 inch tablet with a keyboard dock! Depending on the pricing, I would have to give that baby a good look.
13. santy (Posts: 53; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
This is what I have been waiting for. If I ever want to replace my laptop with a tab , it has to be 13 inch or so . bigger screen and portable . Add a keyboard and you are set.
This will also be a good competition to the ultrabooks if they manage to make it thin. As of now I only remember toshiba in 13" tab category . Come on Sammy
15. monkeytown (Posts: 108; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
'mimic something' and samsung just fits perfectly together
17. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
13.3, concept of ASUS Transformer? Having mixed feelings there...
18. snowgator (Posts: 3262; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
A less expensive Note 2 would fly off shelves.
21. someones4 (Posts: 619; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Prepare to take my money, Samsung. This are the hardware upgrade i've been waiting for. I really do hope the tablet have a 1080p resolution at least
23. MC1123 (Posts: 1243; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
it would be nice!! just a simple note!! no 4G LTE connection or nno cellular connection and simple cortex a15 dual core too!