Press shot of mystery dual SIM Nokia device could be the Nokia Asha 504
Besides the top bezel, the design of the home button and the buttons on the side are different. And no, this does not appear to be the Nokia Normandy at all. As soon as we have any idea what we are dealing with here, we'll let you know. In the meantime, feel free to speculate and leave your thoughts in the box below!
Leaked press photo of mystery Nokia device
1. Johnnokia (Posts: 389; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Nokia still working very effectively like before.. Still don't know what will happen in this year!
3. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2873; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I'm not sure what we're going to see in 2014 either... Popcorn!
10. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 312; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Same, lumias and lumias. Nothing dramatic. Plus NOKIA is staying as NOKIA, its a huge brand which is recognised as a good mobile phone manufacturer. MS isnt famous for that so I am sure they will keep the name and pop out the lumias. Like Lenovo is planing to keep motorola branding etc.
11. ihavenoname (Posts: 971; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I'm guessing 920 successor. 1080p display, Snapdragon 800 and so on. Air gestures are rumoured, but GS4 had them, and they worked, but as we see, nobody really needed them.
13. akki20892 (Posts: 2686; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Wait few years. Then u will see people need Nokia. It takes time.
18. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
I'd probably get a Lumia 3 years from now, when they have more apps to offer.
31. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2873; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
What app is WP missing that you can't live without?..
Give me 5.
33. SleepingOz (Posts: 2483; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Flipboard, Youtube, Photoshop, Pixlromatic, Press, Pocket, Swiftkey, PowerAMP, Tasker, Sleep As Android and REAL RACING 3. =]
38. NokiaFTW (Posts: 835; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Flipboard - announced, coming soon
YouTube - Metrotube and a plethora of other options do the job better than the official apps on Android and iOS.
Photoshop and Pixlromatic - Nokia Creative Studio is better (personal opinion). Not really a must have app for most.
Press, Tasker, PowerAMP & Sleep as Android - never really heard of them before. You probably bought them up to troll.
Pocket - Pouch is much better looking and fully featured client.
Swiftkey - not required since the stock WP keyboard is one of the best around, something that cannot be said for Android.
Real Racing 3 - not available in the store, but Asphalt 8 is much better (personal opinion).
Anything else SleepingOz? :]
2. alpinejason (Posts: 251; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
yeah hopefully microsoft does not get the approval to buy nokia's handset business
8. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 312; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Its a done deal. Read some news. Plus it would have been an issue only if it was being a threat to national security which it isnt.
5. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2873; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
IMO, MS needs to formulate a tuned down version of WP8 and load all Asha devices with it.. Those devices would be able to run a lot of apps in the store.. This would increase WP market share considerably..
9. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 312; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
WP8 is tuned down by nature, it runs on a single core and 512mb ram which most of new low end phones have now days. The only issue is some games or apps require in rare cases 1gb of ram.
20. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2873; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
No, they could give Asha devices a version with features left out like Kids corner, and Local scout.. These are smartphone features, and some require more advanced services.. It's not all about the hardware...
12. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
whats the point...ashas have a good OS...it encourages other OSes to thrive and besides Nokia shouldn't bow down the Microsoft at every occasion!
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2873; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
MS will be making Asha devices from now on.. They are a software company.. They should have their software and services on their products.. This is not unheard of..
14. akki20892 (Posts: 2686; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Asha is good os. I guess nobody want wp in asha devices, because Asha have more features than wp. And Asha is easy to use than wp and have better ui.
24. domfonusr (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
I'm with Rodney. Windows Phone has more features than Series 40, which is still Java-based. Yeah, Nokia tried to paint Asha's as smartphones, but they just aren't.
28. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2873; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You can do a lot more with the NT kernel than you you can with Asha's foundation.. It just makes complete sense..
Some of these guys need to set their emotions, and hatred, aside and admit what makes sense...
32. Liveitup (Posts: 376; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
WP Modern UI is the best looking UI, this asha UI looks like an ugly version of WP modern UI, also WP is often cited for it's simplicity, I suggest you actually use a WP before making such assumptions, Lumia 920 owner here.
39. NokiaFTW (Posts: 835; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Tell me one thing that an Asha does better than a Lumia, barring battery life.
17. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Given Nokia's pricing on their Asha line, I don't see any point of buying one. You could get a decent Android phone for what they're asking for.
23. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2873; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Because a lot of times smartphones require a data plan.. And in emerging markets this isn't always available... It's gonna be a long time before feature phones are completely gone... A long time..
36. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1008; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
a lowend android is a worthless android
37. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
True, but even a low end android device offers more features than any Asha phone for the same price.
40. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1008; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
yes. if you can handle low end android problems
19. aditya.k (Posts: 410; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
To do list. Hmmm, I still didn't get any call? :P
25. domfonusr (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
I wonder whether this new device is running Series 40 (Java-based) or the supposed new Android 4.4 fork... if they are smart, it will be the latter, like the rumors all say about the Normandy. The device in question also has a slightly odd form-factor, which is strangely appealing. I like things that are different. If this and the Normandy come out together, then the Asha series has a couple of nice new poster-children just in time for the Microsoft acquisition. I suppose we shall see.
26. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 618; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
It's not exactly odd. Most likely has a screen with a 4:3 aspect ratio, which the Apple iPhone 4S sports as well
27. domfonusr (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Well, I am not surprised by 4:3... we just don't see them as much. The iPhone through iPhone 4S, though, all had a 3:2 aspect ratio, rather than 4:3. Without a tall bezel, 4:3 makes for a wide and squat phone.
30. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 618; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I prefer it that way. Makes typing on a small phone easier
35. domfonusr (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
True. And I do like things that are different. That would make for a different look on a device, along with some added usefulness.
29. x88yunkw (Posts: 55; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
I like 4:3 LG VU 3
but VU don't have all the features like note and LG stylus is way behind Samsung. Other wise i will it will be mine.
34. hamid.r1992 (Posts: 9; Member since: 16 Jan 2014)
iphone 5s white or gray or gold?
When you buy which is better and there is a point that should be noted?
please help me to buy iphone 5s.