Pantech Element unboxing
Donning the usual AT&T colors with its packaging, it doesn’t particularly look any different from other AT&T devices we’ve checked out in the past, but there are two images splashed on the front and back to give would-be owners a good look at its design. Inside however, we’re treated to the normal set of items, which include its documentation, microUSB cable, and wall charger. Interestingly enough, one of the documents specifically mentions the following:
- Your tablet can malfunction if it is exposed to water projected at any angle through a 6.3mm nozzle at a flow rate of 12.5 liters per minute for more than 3 minutes from a distance of 2.5-3meters.
- Water can soak into the tablet and incur malfunction if it is submerged in water at a depth of 1 meter for more than 30 minutes.
- Your tablet can malfunction if it is exposed to equipment for more than 8 hours that emits dust with diameter less than 75µm.
Being an IP57 rated device, the Pantech Element is protected against water immersion for 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter. So yeah, it’ll survive if you happen to drop it in the shallowest portion of your backyard pool, but anything deeper, you’ll have nothing more than an over-sized paper weight. Nevertheless, the protection that it offers is substantially superior to what other tablets provide, and it’s easily protected against the elements.
We won’t go into the specifics surrounding the tablet since we’ve already scoped it out at CES, but as a refresher, it features an 8” 1024 x 768 display, dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 4G LTE connectivity, 1GB RAM, 6,400 mAh battery, 5-megapixel rear camera with flash, 2-megapixel front-facing camera, 720p video recording, microHDMI port, aGPS, Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR, and 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi. Expect our in-depth review soon!
1. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Does it come without contract? If it does, how much will it cost?
2. AndresJ (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Waterproof just awesome - no really who goes to bath with a tablet and i doubt that anyone has dropped it in the pool or gone for a swim with a tablet. Unleeeeeeeeess there are some idiots out there.
3. pooked (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
i would like to shower with it!!! get shazam and start some karaoke baby!!