Nokia to keep PureView Phase 1 and 2 separate this year, prepping aluminum-clad EOS and Catwalk for a slimmer fit
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 1742; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
808 tech + Android 4.2 = win. Too bad it won't happen.
3. lilhart (Posts: 14; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
Then you would have less options, you know. Let NOKIA make Windows while others fight it out for little green robot.
5. tigermcm (Posts: 561; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
thank you for speaking sense. Sick of fandroids crying because EVERY OEM doesnt make android. dont you guys have enough options as it is?
8. _Bone_ (Posts: 1742; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Let the adults talk, kiddo, I'm sure you have some homework to do,
9. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Adults don't talk like they can get everything without thinking of the consequences and the obvious result. Nokia made their choice...it's WP, deal with it.
Who's the kid? You are...
12. tigermcm (Posts: 561; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
so me who is 26yrs old is a kiddo because I'll tell adults who whine about nokia not making android to stop crying.....interesting
17. _Bone_ (Posts: 1742; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Anyone using words such as "fandroids" is a child at heart. Grow up. 808 tech in Androids would be great, and it's hardly an opinion that should trigger an overly emotional response from a mentally stable individual.
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Why don't you go ahead buy an 808 and flash it with a custom Android Alpha ROM? You'll atleast get what you want...an 808 with Android in it.
19. tigermcm (Posts: 561; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
lol you're one of those that likes to internet bully....mentally unstable hmmmm I'll let you be a big boy and have your cake cause an adult doesn't get online to start a childish fight of belittling and name calling period.
23. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2346; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
but android cant support that sensor yet, so the old horse symbian still has advantages over android. now nokia will bring there specialties to wp8
besides you all rave about samsung so why do you need more? the way you act you would think android and samsung are perfect in every way
26. SleepingOz (Posts: 2009; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Android can't support the sensor yet? Where did you get your BS, seriously? Android supports cars, fridges, mirrorless cameras and even SATELLITES!
Learn your lessons before posting BS, buddy.
27. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2346; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
haha you should take your own advice idiot, it strue android cant support the sensor on the 808]
s40 can run in cars, camera's etc doesnt make it powerful lmao so go rage somewhere else fanboy you proved your been a defensive kid and your comment is BS of the highest kind
anything else to add?
29. SleepingOz (Posts: 2009; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Oh cm'on! Still spiting BS, buddy but no proof provided? Remind your BS about "symbian multitasks on the same level as Android".. LMAO!
Really? Based on what? You know deep inside you that Android is much more capable but the biased fanboy inside you, won't just admit it.
Android can actually support better cameras with bigger mirrorless sensors and interchangeable lenses, so your argument is invalid.
Next time think, before posting baseless BS!
14. haseebzahid (Posts: 1720; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
they all bleed for good camera in android phone
32. gazmatic (Posts: 501; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
jolla, bb10, tizen
but android never
4. N-fanboy (Posts: 341; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Why not have a sensor that has both huge resolution and stuff like stablization and make the best camera phone ever! And i wish the next nokia flagship has a better battery, i mean battery is the most under-rated component on a phone yet the most important. (at least to me)
15. haseebzahid (Posts: 1720; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
with currect tech the weight will pass beyond 200gm and back will also get a big hump again in time this will integrate for sure
16. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I imagine they might do both. The EOS name is very telling, as that is the name Canon uses for its SLR camera lens system. Could we see a Nokia phone with interchangeable lenses?
Personally not a huge fan of the metal.body. Cold to the touch, slippery, scratches and dents, and wears poorly. Polycarbonate though can feel.warm or somewhat inviting to touch, us hard to scratch (and shows the same color throughout when it does), and holds up well. The lighter weight is appreciated, but not necessary. Odd that Nokia is rumored to go to metal when apple is rumored to be going polycarbonate.
22. No_Nonsense (Posts: 825; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Only possible if those guys use a graphene based sensor otherwise it's gonna be a brick.
6. w-t-f (Posts: 42; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
It would be great if Nokia could make both WP8 and Android devices,but that's just dreams..
i still use my old Nokia E52 as a second phone,primary is Android :)
7. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 228; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
it is really annoying that in every article mentioning Nokia, people start ranting about how should Nokia go with Android...Nokia made their choices, and those are based on strategies and forecasts...well, unless you are RIM's ex CEOs
11. papss (Posts: 2178; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Couldn't agree more.. Stay where you are Nokia and keep tearing it up with great phones and great build quality... Also would like to give kodos to them for amazing support
13. jsdechavez (Posts: 651; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Metal Lumia is my wettest dream come true!!! Woohoo!!!
21. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Bring it on Nokia,Bring it on!! We were waiting for ths since last year's MWC!! I am very excited to see what Nokia has up its sleeves for the summer 2k13!!
24. DerryAhmad (Posts: 153; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Damn, I might trade my Lumia 920 for this Nokia Lumia 41(or 38) Mpx WP !!!
28. MC1123 (Posts: 1210; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
808 will always be the best of all... as long as that live tiles is there i wont buy it!
30. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2346; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
nothing is the best forever, besides if they can put the 808's sensor in a lumia body you get a growing app store where as with symbian its dead.
31. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 71; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
I love the way Nokia is responding to critics..!!
-> Lumia 800 had a smaller display and no front-facing camera. Lumia 900 solved this.
-> With Lumia 900's launch, everyone so badly missed the curved glass that the 800 came out with. Nokia answered this immediately by launching its next iteration (the Lumia 920) with a curved glass.
-> And with Lumia 920, people were very much disappointed when they came to know that it was gonna sport only an 8.7 MP sensor and not a 21 MP sensor, which was anticipated (from some rumours, of course). Also they felt that the phone was a tad bit on the heavier side.
And here's Nokia again saying that the next phone will pack a bigger sensor and a lighter chassis..
I guess you people are making a move on now. Keep up the good work Nokia!!!