Nokia planning an event for August 28th in Moscow
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5392; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I don't have anything against WP, but in my opinion UI looks not so good.
9. papss (unregistered)
Opinions are just that. :). I personally think the UI looks better than anything out there.
21. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
some like it some dont but atleast its choice
ive currently got a wp8 launcher on my s4 because i like the clean minimal layout plus its quicker on everyday use for simple tasks.
i think the ui could be a step in the right direction
37. papss (unregistered)
I tried a launcher for WP8 when I had my nexus but it really wasnt the same to me. I was hoping it was better (wasnt bad but not wp8). Maybe once I get another android phone again ill try a different one to see if I like it.
40. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Yeah I will be the first to admit that while the launcher has a few nice little features it isnt as good and smooth as wp8.......but right now android was my only option as im on a customization spree lol enjoying tweaking everything.
But with wp8 advancing and me getting bored easy I can see myself giving one ago. Im just waiting for nokia to bring there next advancement out. The 1020 was a 808 on wp8. Nothing wrong with that but im still enjoying my 808 so can't wait for them to really take the next leap forward
23. Credo (Posts: 683; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
+1, that is your opinion.
My opinion tells me just like papss that the UI is the best out there :)
33. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5392; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Nokia world premiere of a budget device?
36. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5392; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Hm, maybe, I don't know. But it is kinda strange, don't you think so?
38. marbovo (Posts: 572; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I think they made it for lumia 6x or 7x, it is strange and funny. lol
2. papss (unregistered)
I think it will be the phablet that wpcentral just wrote about
35. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Edward Snowden holding a Nokia Phablet would grab some headlines...
I don't think the US government has even bothered writing any custom scripts for breaking into Android devices, because it already has tons of obvious backdoors and security flaws.
However, does anybody really think that Google isn't storing individual search informaton cross referenced with personal ip addy's? The corporate motto "don't be evil" is a relative statement; helping western governments to spy on private citizens, via search requests, is something all of us need to be more concerned about.
It's true that all of the big tech companies are involved in helping governments to spy on their citizens, but Google is still perceived as being different. However, it's time people begin to see them for what they really are: just another corporate entity, making cash from storing and distributing your personal information!
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia Phablet...Nokia Tablet...Nokia Lumia!
Bring it on, Nokia!
12. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
She just want to get attention XD
15. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
And your trolling have no limits. Hi Wendy.
13. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You're basically a retard that freaks.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7274; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Graduated from the top 4 high schools in Chicago that's in the top 75 in the US, and also going to college for Medical. You have no room to question my intelligence when you haven't started high school little kid.
20. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sorry, I have no reason to care about where you graduate. Don't be so conceited, don't be such a know it all. As I said before, I can say whatever I want. If you're butthurt, ignore my comment.
You call me a kid? Okay, I don't mind that. But you have embarrassed yourself for calling someone a kid, because you ARE a kid. And you know why? Check the comments that you posted.
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7274; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Conceited? Me? Ha well that's a first.
I embarassed myself? Don't see where I went wrong. The comments I've posted puts your argument as invalid sorry. There's a difference between acting like a 12 year old and a adult. One day you'll realize it. And the last half of your post makes half sense. You don't mind me calling you a kid, but got mad mad for it lol.
26. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Trust me, you will know where you went wrong someday. The comments I've posted may sound like a kid, but I'm really excited. You can't stop the excitement right?
I used to respect you, but you have lost my respect. Because you keep going against me, and saying I'm thirsty for thumbs up and I'm an attention seeker. By the way, I love tech, I love smartphones, tablets, laptops etc. Come on, we came here is because of tech, not arguing right?
30. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7274; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You never had my respect to begin with, but that can change. I'd stop replying to you once you take the fanboyism, trolling, and posting the same comments down a notch. You have to admit, you're comments over do it a little... But yes, that's the objective.
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5392; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Picture says: "Nokia World Premiere".
31. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5392; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm Lithuanian and my native language is Lithuanian, but I also know Russian language. :)
5. mrdoubleb (Posts: 18; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I think the 6" 1080p phablet with the quad core processor that's leaking everywhere is going to be in the 8xx or higher family just because of the specs.
As I have read that big screen cheap(ish) phones are all the rage in some parts of Asia and Eastern Europe, i would not be suprised if this announcement would be about the 720P, 5.x" device that was also rumored a few days ago. 725 maybe?
10. papss (unregistered)
I thought they covered the big phone with a cheaper screw. With the 625? I hope this is the s800 beast that's leaked.
8. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 146; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Looks like a music-related event judging by the invite.
11. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I agree, all I had to do was run the ad through Google translate.
14. Mozarrt (Posts: 294; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Nokia used Pink for an event in Moscow. Nice!
16. Edmund (Posts: 653; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
It's obviously something to do with music - "Jagger Hall", the shot of a piano??
17. Mozarrt (Posts: 294; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
A music related Lumia would be something absolutely awesome, but that is a little far-sighted.
18. SportDriver (Posts: 29; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Dual SIM Lumia 625 ? I do not expect 6" phablet in Moscow.
25. CELLKONTECH (Posts: 10; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
Nokia pls..bring that beast 41mp camera running android os please :(
29. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
always has to be one, this is an android free article so let keep it like that
theres no need for the usual fanboys to come swarming in and dirtying the comment section up
41. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 494; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
I think you should ask samsung to make it for you. Cause it won't happen..
43. scottae316 (Posts: 10; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
When will people get it through their heads, no android for Nokia as long as:
1. Elop is CEO
2. Microsoft is writing checks to Nokia, and that deal was recently extended
Nokia would be another small player in the Samsung/Android world with built in competition from HTC, LG, Motorola, Sony, and others. It makes no sense for Nokia at this point to produce an android phone.
39. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 213; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
I dont think this will be a Lumia device. Maybe a new Asha range of phones. Too early for the Tablet or the phablet.
42. mahekm (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Lumia 625 already anounced.... so its time for Lumia 7xx or 8xx...