Nokia Lumia 625 now official; device carries largest Windows Phone 8 screen
The Nokia Lumia 625 will offer five different color shells that can be changed to match your mood. Nokia says that the device is headed for China, Europe, Asia Pacific, India, Middle East, Africa and Latin America in the third quarter. Pricing before taxes and any subsidies is expected at 220 EUR ($290 USD).
The phone is coming to market with a 4.7 inch 480 x 800 resolution screen (WVGA) with a 201ppi pixel density. The glass is enhanced for better viewing under the sun. A dual-core 1.2GHz processor drives the handset. 512MB of RAM is onboard and there is 8GB of native storage which can be expanded by as much as 64GB using the microSD slot. The rear-facing 5MP snapper can capture video in 1080p @ 30fps while there is a .3MP front-facing camera. A 2000mAh battery keeps the lights on.
Building on the award winning Nokia Lumia design, the Nokia Lumia 625 includes five brightly coloured changeable shells, which add to the Live Tile personalisation brought by Windows Phone 8.
The Nokia Lumia 625 also provides many innovations found in the recently announced flagship Nokia Lumia 1020. These include a range of integrated camera applications like Nokia Smart Camera, offering handy features like removing unwanted objects from pictures, and Nokia Cinemagraph, which turns photos into living memories with added movement.
"With our largest smartphone screen to date, the Nokia Lumia 625 is a perfect example of how Nokia is delivering leading smartphone innovation and experiences at every price point," said Jo Harlow, executive vice president, Nokia Smart Devices.
Powered by the latest version of Windows Phone 8 and including the Nokia Lumia Amber update, the Nokia Lumia 625 delivers a richer and easier to use smartphone experience at a competitive price. Live Tiles update direct to the home screen, and People Hub makes it easy to stay connected with friends and family. Windows Phone 8 also includes Xbox Live, Microsoft Office, and 7GB of online SkyDrive storage to simply make life easier.
With access to more than 165,000 apps including Vimeo, Temple Run and WhatsApp, the Nokia Lumia 625 offers faster mobile fun, as well as safer surfing with Internet Explorer 10 - making it ideal for viewing videos, games, and other content. The Nokia Lumia 625 also offers SD memory card support, allowing up to 64GB of additional content storage.
Nokia Music provides unlimited streaming of ad-free mixes without registration or subscription, plus the ability to download mixes for listening offline with the Nokia Lumia 625. Nokia has also teamed with Coloud(TM) to create BOOM(TM) headphones that combine audio prowess with excellent value, and integrated microphone and buttons for voice calls and music control.
With its big screen and super-fast connectivity, the Nokia Lumia 625 offers leading maps and location experiences from HERE, providing free maps, turn-by-turn navigation and public transport guidance.
The Nokia Lumia 625 will be available in a range of colours including orange, yellow, bright green, white and black with an array of changeable shells enabling easy personalisation. With an estimated retail price of 220 Euros before taxes and subsidies, the Nokia Lumia 625 is planned to begin selling in China, Europe, Asia Pacific, India, Middle East, Africa and Latin America in Q3 2013.
Nokia Lumia 625 goes official
1. rd_nest (Posts: 769; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
WVGA screen in 4.7 inch!
Has to be a super-cheap phone.
6. geetam (Posts: 17; Member since: 15 May 2013)
forgor samsung galaxy grand ?? WVGA in 5 inch screen ?? it was launched with 350$ ??
84. akki20892 (Posts: 3434; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
lumia 625 is just 290$ (230Euro) i guess, but this phone have really cool features. 100% better than grand.
11. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Samsung did the same to Galaxy Grand
Look at your beloved samsung first before criticizing others
14. rd_nest (Posts: 769; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Unlike you, I criticize both.
Samsung did something wrong in past, it doesn't mean Nokia also has to do the same mistake in middle of 2013.
If there is a new galaxy grand news, my comment will remain same.
But there is no doubt that this is a super-cheapo phone. 512MB RAM. WTF? I thought this was 2013!
17. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
the only problem i see with this 625 is the RAM, resolution is no big deal, Galaxy Grand is selling like hot cakes in many asian countries. People want size, they dont care about resolution.
30. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Resolution is no big deal! What are you on! My 4 inch phone has a higher resolution than that 4.7 inch!
36. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Tell that to Galaxy Grand and the Galaxy Megas.
Your 4 inch phone? There are no android phones higher than 858 X 480 in resolution, which is only a tad bit higher. Your head is thick enough not to understand this phone is almost in the low secment of mid end in price range.
42. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Haha you Nokia fanboys are all the same! I don't care about what android has I'm not talking about android! You call me thick headed but your ignorance is so clear by the fact you bark on about how resolution isn't important.....the screen is all dependant on. A screen is the main thing on a phone and that resolution on such a big phone isn't enough.....don't bring samsung or android into it because I'm not talking about them!
47. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Resolution is low because This is a sub-$300 device, moron. And again, Nexus 5 costs $500+ in other countries, not $300. Try to understand that. This phone goes straight head to head with the Galaxy Win (called Galaxy Grand Quattro in my country), which also has 800X480 on a 4.7' screen.
Galaxy Win has Quad core snapdragon 200, yes, but the cores are cortex A5 which is underpowered, backed by 1gb ram, but the screen is TFT while on Lumia 625 it is IPS. So, Galaxy Win's screen is worse than Lumia 625, look who's talking.
53. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
you really are smart...."screen is the main thing on a phone". then tell me what do you do with when you're making a call (which is still the main thing on a phone m*ron), and you phone lags and hangs(do i need to mention android?)? Do you eat the screen resolution? Now, let's just talk about the resolution of a TV set, and I assure you, it doesn't blow up in your pockets...
62. Cyberchum (Posts: 269; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Seriously, I don't know what you are on. To the people this phone is targeted at, screen resolution is not a deal breaker. For the love of Mike, stop forcing your opinions on others. The Galaxy S4s of this world are meant for you, stick to them please and stop being a butt hurt.
60. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1139; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
actually my uncle owns a galaxy grand. it looks like S3.
but i dont mind or notice the low resolution on its 5" screen.
57. boosook (Posts: 989; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Resolution is no big deal only if you've never tried something with a high res screen. The ram is a real issue, esp with wp where many games (e.g. temple run, real racing 2) need 1gb.
70. zennacko (Posts: 234; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
I don't want size, nor resolution... a 720p 4-inch phone with a quad core, 2 gigs RAM, microSDXC slot AND a battery that lasts 2 days even if I'm downloading 1 terabyte on LTE is what I'd love to see on a phone.
Phones were meant to be used with one hand, if you want size, get a satellite phone, which has far more coverage than any carrier would dream of having.
20. Thefraggot (Posts: 21; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
for god sake !! please try to understand , 512 mb is the wp8 limitation..there's nothing nokia can do. But still my friend's L520 run very very well
22. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
i think you mean 'standard', not limitation; Lumia 1020 has 2Gb RAM for future-proofing. It is the standard in lower end devices. If Nokia put in 1Gb RAM it will cannibalize the sales of the 820.
59. solomonsteve (Posts: 74; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
great comment.. its a marketing strategy people need to understand..
27. StreetNerd (Posts: 705; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
lol do research before u post something :')
its a standard like EXK said...
82. Jason2k13 (Posts: 642; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
too bad samsung never mentioned the galaxy grand as the 'next big thing' like what nokia did.
People got excited for this crap, how disappointing.
89. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
They meant it literally, in terms of size.
12. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
If you talk about sizes, the Mega is 5.8 with qHD results in a ppi of 190. Compared to that, this is better...but when you compare it to other things, it's not so comparable. But yes, it's cheaper.
29. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
super cheap phone with
46. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
At the price point, i'd rather add a l'le more and get the 720...
I wish 725 comes with 1GB RAM...if there be any.
48. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
yes dude 725 will definitely have 1gb ram and ill be buying it
85. akki20892 (Posts: 3434; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
he is right nthan, lumia 725 will announce later this year and have 720p 1GB and good camera.
65. hemedans (Posts: 147; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
lumia 625 has 60hz refresh rate even sg4 doesnt have this
69. ashue (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
a good thing about wp8 phones, doesnt matter if you're buying a high end or a low end, the experience you get is the same... so buying this phone is better than getting samsungs or any other android device.... (said by a hardcore android fan, not me)...
2. maverick786us (Posts: 117; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Its a budget handset. I never expect high resolution. I am waiting for September 19 event
10. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
The but give low resolution on a small screen not a larger one....
37. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
LOL.......you Nokia fanboys all team up....and btw it makes no sense to give a big screen a tiny resolution....the Xperia L has more!
41. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
its about giving variety.
grand has huge sucees here.so it makes complete sense to launch this.if you want his ppi,you have 520,620 at even lower prices
43. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
I Know i would get the 520 over this!
54. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
okay then, go buy an xperia L.... unless you're secretly desiring for a lumia here on nokia forum...
18. ghaniosman (Posts: 64; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
I think the first windows 8 device was a 4.8 inch screen and was called as samsung ativ s
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
God, when will 1GB RAM come to these devices??
68. hemedans (Posts: 147; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
wait for 825 with 1 gig of ram and 5.5+ screen
72. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I don't want 5+ inched screen man!
A 4.5-4.7 will do just fine for me...but i want 1GB RAM minimum with no less than a qHD resolution.
4. Johnnokia (Posts: 512; Member since: 27 May 2012)
How many million would Nokia sell if this wonderful gadget runs on Android ?? .
No offense against WP.. But why don't Nokia adopt Android ?
They took the lead in every OS they used and in featured phone either. Why not Android ? and let's see.
So lucky Samsung.
Again , I hate Elop
31. StreetNerd (Posts: 705; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
and when do you guys stop whining bout Nokia+Android? -___-'
if they went the Android way the would have the same fate as Sony and HTC, coz Samsung is Android leader.
and the average joe would buy samsung over nokia coz of brand image (galaxies everywhere)
64. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
So essentially you're saying Nokia can't hold their own against Samsung. Interesting.
That's not the Nokia I know and remember.
91. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
no what he's saying is thanks to brand recognition and marketing samsung are the main android players and first choice for the average customer
you people take away only what you want to see not what was actually put
73. kindlefireowner (Posts: 349; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Stop with the Nokia android garbage. If Nokia were making android phones, They would be just like Sony. Great phones that the critics and fandroids love, but nobody is buying. Do you know 3 people with a Sony android phone. No.
Samsung is android at this point. The HTC One is the best android phone right now, but the general public only wants the S4.
5. vandroid (Posts: 262; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Phone arena your title is misleading this doesn't bring the biggest screen to wp8 the Samsung ativ s has the biggest screen of wp8
9. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
That is a very bad resolution for a big screen!!
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What about mega 5.8? You won't say anything about that, would you?
19. Thefraggot (Posts: 21; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Typical samsung fanboys .... They make fun of 808pv ,by comparing it to a DSLR...but drool over octa core cpu,which is a puke infront of my cheap AMD laptop,leave alone the I7
28. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
You just went full retard....when in that sentence did I state anything about the 808 PV or octa core or DSLR.....and when in that sentence did I even state samsung.....you my friend are a retard!!
55. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
yah, you are correct, you were talking about the screen resolution, and he mentions about the "cheap plastic" company....
25. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
I fact when it first came out I did say something about that!!
34. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I am laughing more than I should. PA!!!!!
56. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
and who's stopping you? but do you even need to mention about how you laugh here?
38. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 702; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i think they mean nokias first larger screen wp fone :)