Nexus S 4G getting OTA update to fix WiMAX radio issues
The update will roll out over 4 days, starting July 11th. So, if you have a Nexus S 4G, just go to your phone dialer on July 11th and dial *#*#checkin#*#* to force your phone to check for the update.
source: Android Police
2. ArmageddonX posted on 06 Jul 2011, 23:36 3 1
*sarcasm* You're right. You just have to make sure you're not "holding it wrong" with an iPhone to get a proper signal. I'd like to see an OTA update for that. LOL
6. The_Miz posted on 08 Jul 2011, 04:16 0 1
Lol, at least I CAN get a signal on an iPhone considering the Nexus S drops more signals than the iPhone does. And lol, if you're a smart consumer, you'd have a case for your phone which prevents that issue. Plus Apple gave out free bumpers and such to fix the problem.
8. LOL (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 04:37 1 0
So...you have to have a case to fix an issue that wouldn't have been a problem in the first place if Apple had put out a quality product instead of rushing? Please.
Contrary to popular belief, the Nexus S doesn't have signal problems unless you live in a s**tty area. Where as the iPhone will ALWAYS have problems no matter what area you live in.
4. wumberpeb posted on 07 Jul 2011, 12:48 2 1
Kinda tough to have a problem with 4G on your iPhone when it doesnt exist
7. The_Miz posted on 08 Jul 2011, 04:17 0 1
Like Sprint's practically nonexistent 4G coverage?
9. LOL (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 04:38 1 0
At least we GET 4G where as the iPhone won't.
3. Bryan87 (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 07:12 1 1
What a HUGE EGO trip to put the nexus S down, what a way to be a jacka**, good come back armageddon
5. The_Miz posted on 08 Jul 2011, 04:14 1 1
I don't have to put the Nexus S down. It puts itself down with all the problems.
10. LOL (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 04:39 1 1
Just like the iPhone 4 put itself down with such a bad reputation with the deathgrip that every single news station in the world was talking about Apple's fail?
The Nexus S problem IS a problem but at least it doesn't have global attention and at least Sprint isn't claiming it doesn't exist before giving out useless accessories instead of releasing an actual update.
15. The_Miz posted on 12 Jul 2011, 05:57 1 1
lol, there you go grasping at straws with the deathgrip, which isn't even that big of a deal considering the problem is eliminated by using a case. And who would be "smart" enough to carry around their $600+ phones without a good case.
Oh and I don't see an update lol. At least with Apple, you get them right then and there.
11. Ryan (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 08:06 0 0
Anyone getting the "*#*#checkin#*#*" to work?
12. Jonas (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 08:17 0 0
I just tried it too. No luck yet.
13. blizzle (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 10:30 0 0
no luck here. Says check in successful but nothing...
14. Ryan (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2011, 13:09 0 0
Mine says "The feature code you entered is not valid". Is there something different I need to put in other then *#*#2432546#*# ?
17. Sanoj18 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 14:46 0 0
This update has been delayed. The wait continues.
18. Storm2180 (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 01:23 0 0
Sprint just announced the OTA update will begin starting July 25th and will continue over the next 3 weeks till everyone gets it.. So of you don't see it on monday, give out time to get to you and everyone who needs it...