- CPU: core quad ARMv7 1.5GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Memory: 8GB (and I haven't found SD slot)
- GPU: Adreno 320
- Android version: JellyBeanMR1
- Kernel 3.4.0
- Screen: 768x1184 (320 dpi)
- Camera: 8 MP
New pictures of the LG Optimus G Nexus leak, plus specs and a camera sample
1. someones4 (Posts: 625; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
I won't complain much since its a google phone and has a really nice screen.
But repeat after me LG "Put at least 16gb internal storage and micro sd slot. Cloud technology is overated."
7. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
yup. but I don't think it will be 8GB - maybe it was only for devs to cut the costs of production...
or maybe... this is a $300 unlocked phone to go on fire like the Nexus 7?
btw, I don't like relying on the cloud either. I prefer card slots and yes, at least 16GB.
18. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i strongly believe it's a prototype and 8gb means nothing in that case.
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4831; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I would never get a phone with 8GB of storage unless there is a microSD card slot. If they decide NOT to include the microSD card slot then a MINIMUM of 32GB of storage is needed.
I firmly believe this is just a prototype & 8GB was included. This WILL never see the light of day. If Google decides to shove cloud based storage down our throats then it will be one of the biggest FAILS in recent times.
Cloud is not for everyone & Google I think is smart enough not to do something so crazy.
Why is there talk of a 32GB Nexus 7? Point made I think. lol
28. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I use kloud storage (my letter "see" key is stuk, forgive me.) for pretty mutsh everything these days. However, I dont want to be forsed to either. My dox, most of my musik (i keep some on the devise just in kase.) Hell, even my pix auto bak up to G+.
All that said, I'd still like to see at LEAST 16 on there. having low memory is not an exkuse to make it sheaper. Your talking the differense of a few pennies at ekonomies of skale, nothing that is going to make any big differense in the final kost.
Frikkin "see" key,... ugh..literally just stopped working... grrrrr...
29. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
If this thing is cheap! and cloud storage is good enough to use! then you can believe i will be lookin at it LOL :)
With all those MONSTER SPECS you're gonna not wanna get it cuz of low memory?? like i said if cloud storage is convenient enough to use then it should be excuseable......but also lets look for what other nexuses are available from sony, htc, and others before getting tied up to this one........things are getting better and better :)
32. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I personally stream everything, music, movies, radio, you name it. I only keep episodes of HIMYM your this season, lol.
34. someones4 (Posts: 625; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Let's hope that they are not taking a page out of Apple's book. (itunes)
2. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
8 gig wont be enough to store my hentai clips alone. ^___^
3. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
8GB internal memory only?!?
Oh man that would be pretty outrageous, no matter how much this thing will cost
27. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
especially the nexus phones where developer phones but with only
8GB.. i hope the g nexus 2 has more GB storage.. i think its a handicap
4. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
either google is really pushing cloud storage, or they're trying to make a very great smartphone at a very low price (like nexus 7)
5. Luuthian (Posts: 246; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Well they better make a lesser affordable option available to consumers... As the iPhone 5 has proven, the cost of the phone won't matter as much if you create something people truly desire. I imagine a number of people would gladly plunk down cash on a higher GB model without issue.
If 8GB is all we get I know they've lost me as a consumer, which is a shame since I love my Galaxy Nexus...
24. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
i suppose if they make multiple nexus devices, htc nexus 5 will be on the top
8. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Android is now only about specs...u see all rumors about android come saying
1.7GHz quad core
4.6 inch screen
Thats wrong......end user does not care about these...he only needs a great phone which has USEFUL features unlike S3...
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Ok, I'm warming up to the design a bit. But the camera placement is still a bit off. Also, WAY too much bottom bezel. Either make it shorter or give it a longer display but keep the same dimensions.
10. Katrina (Posts: 84; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Okay I'm sorry. I need too pass on this one.
Where's the Xperia nexus? I want photos!
12. bluexperia (Posts: 41; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
8gb nowadays is just like the 512mb on the old days....
13. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
8 gb my ass, not when the original is 16gb.
I guarantee it will not be 8gb
22. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You're referring to the last Nexus device, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, not the original. The original Nexus, the Nexus One had .5GB of onboard storage, but it did have microSD.
14. andro. (Posts: 1998; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
If this is true then Google needs to wisen up fast and see the lessons learned by htc and sony this year,people WANT memory card slots. Both htc and sony have admitted leaving them out was a bad move and their very newest models just about to be released are now featuring memory card slots. 8gb internal memory only will see this phone passed on as people will choose other top androids
16. FoneAddict (Posts: 259; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
8GB WTF?! That would be ridiculous, where is the Cloud when i'm on the subway? Where is the Cloud when i'm on the plane?!
Google sort this Cloud nonsense immediately!
17. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
8 gb ? you've got to be kidding me
im sticking with my galaxy nexus, this phone design isn't good, especially the back side, it looks very very AWKWARD
20. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I have to be honest aswell, It looks to much like the galaxy nexus and I will not be purchasing if it does.
I love the Galaxy Nexus design but when I upgrade I want to feel like I have a new phone. This is why i always bashed iphone for the 4 to the 4s.
23. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
guys if they can sell an 8GB one for the average consumer at lets say 300 off contract and free on contract It would be a HIT they will have a 16GB version and possibly a 32GB version too so calm down
25. d_eagle (Posts: 15; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
It's clear that's only a prototype, i think at least a 16GB version is assured :)
26. The_Innovation (Posts: 607; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
I think it's 768x1280, not 1184, and 32GB not 8.
30. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It's both depending on how you look at it. The full resolution is 1280x768. The reason it's sometimes listed as 1184 is because 96 rows of pixels are reserved for the software buttons.
35. Kenny_Strawn (Posts: 6; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
I am incredibly fond of the 8GB of internal storage (since my 2-year-old Motorola Flipside that I got back in December 2010 has only like 512MB with a 2GB SD card, such that any apps that don't support the SD card are pretty much screwed), and also the 320 dpi pixel density (which matches the pixel density of the iPhone 5), but may I ask: Why 768x1184 instead of 768x1366? It seems like a deviation from the normal Nexus tradition of the 16:9 aspect ratio, which the LG Nexus seems to be dropping here...
36. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It's actually 1280x768, an aspect ratio of 15:9. 96 rows of pixels are used for the software buttons. I can't say I know why they chose 15:9 over 16:9 either, but I see no serious disadvantage to it. An extra 48 rows of pixels can't hurt, I suppose.