Murtazin: Samsung Galaxy S IV to be introduced March 14th in New York City
Samsung Galaxy S IV being introduced on March 15th and then launching in Europe during the next month. The device would then rollout to the Americas, Australia and Africa in May and June. That gap in time between the introduction and the eventual U.S. launch would equal what was seen for the Samsung Galaxy S II and the Samsung Galaxy S III. Samsung expects to see sales of the new phone reach 100 million units.
Murtazin's tweet also mentions that HTC will miss HTC One sales in 2013, like it did in 2012. It is not entirely clear whether the reference is being made to the new HTC One, expected to be introduced on February 19th, or to the current HTC One lineup which includes models like the HTC One X+, HTC One X, HTC One S and HTC One V. Either way, the comment by Murtazin does not sound good for Taiwan based HTC. While the HTC DROID DNA/HTC Butterfly has impressed with its 5 inch FHD screen and 441ppi pixel density, the competition at the high end of the smartphone market is fierce. The upcoming HTC One is expected to offer a 4.7 inch FHD screen which would work out to an industry leading 468ppi pixel density.
source: @eldarmurtazin, AllAboutSamsung (translated) via SammyHub
1. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
He's got one thing right: HTC will lose again.
Poor battery, small screen, no expandable storage. RIP HTC One.
4. SleepingOz (Posts: 2481; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Small screen?? The butterfly features a 5" screen.. How is that small?
It will surely be difficult for HTC to catch up with Samsung but who knows, dude.. Who knows..
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5648; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Butterfly isnt available in the states dna is only on verizon. So they will loose sales. Still very excited what samsung had too offer. Their the only ones that out bid the iph4. Now the sg iv will out sell the iph5 & have a lead start over the plain boring iph5s
29. Dr.Phil (Posts: 820; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Am I the only one who is wondering where these people are coming from? It's the first time I've seen them comment on this site and they are already making the site look bad. It's like looking at YouTube comments...
32. maccess (Posts: 479; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
most of them are from sony or nokia army.. i can say that they even act much scarier than the apple fans...
40. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Punypoop and SleepingOZ started in the comparison of Sony with Galaxy s3, Punypoop trying to dfend his beloved Xperia Z and calling PA biased for telling sme problems with XZ.
thats what Sony fanboys are today
44. SleepingOz (Posts: 2481; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Right, I don't get it though! They keep calling PA team biased blablabla, when the later tell the truth about their fav brands but why the f*ck are they still here?!
34. rd_nest (Posts: 606; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
It's not "difficult". It's "impossible" for HTC to catch Samsung ever.
The competition is long over. HTC is nothing now. Their only goal should be to survive now. Samsung's only rival is Apple. It's just now apple vs Samsung. Rest are just watching the game.
HTC/Sony/LG/Moto/Nokia everyone is finished. It's only Apple vs Samsung. Survival of the fittest.
36. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Things change man. Wasn't long ago, Motorola was the name in android smartphones, starting with the Droid X, then everyone had to have the RAZR. Now Samsung is king of the android heap. Things can change, and nothing is over. Sammy has a huge lead and it will take a great effort to overcome them, but it's not impossible.
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4612; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
New HTC flagman's specifications are still not announced, so stop trolling about poor battery and other...
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2061; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The next big thing is almost here, and hopefully it will be smaller than the SIII (the Xperia ZL managed to undercut it with a 5" screen).
5. SleepingOz (Posts: 2481; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Smaller than the GSIII? I don't think so.. But 2 thumbs down for this comment? WTF?
Samsung haters are feeling the heat.. haha
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 2061; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Maybe not smaller, but based on the rendered image with much slimmer bezel, doing S3 size is manageable, I'll do a little photoshopping in a moment...
13. SleepingOz (Posts: 2481; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Yeah, not impossible. Gotta wait and see..
16. _Bone_ (Posts: 2061; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Okay, here's screensize-accurate comparison between the leaked S4 (5") and the S3 render (4,8").
The S4 is just a hairline wider and longer, but only the less rounded edges are noticeable, otherwise if that's the S4 render, it's basically the S3 size with less bezel.
23. SleepingOz (Posts: 2481; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Yeah, seems legit..(no sarcasm lol)
It will also gain more "hardware space" if it has a more rectangular design compared to the GSIII, which means bigger screen with less bezel.
28. dynamo.one (Posts: 62; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
omg can't waitt hope the exynos is under the hood
3. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Hope it has 3GB Ram and Power Vr 554 8 GPU clocked at 700ghz and CPU at 2.5™®©
38. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Or melt and vaporise ... so yea fly in a way :)
6. PunyPoop (Posts: 624; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
I can't wait! iPhone 6!! March 14th! Oh no my mistake, it's the GS4 :|
11. quakan (Posts: 1080; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
My contract is up in November so I can't wait to see all the new flagships that come out between now and then.
25. 9thWonderful (Posts: 230; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Not been up on the SIV buzz...any official photos?
26. adolert15 (Posts: 27; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Who the hell is this man? HTC will miss sales in 2013? This guy thinks that is God...
33. nasznjoka (Posts: 223; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
they gotta do something unique with the S4 the competitors are up and running
37. Diego! (Posts: 474; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I can't wait, March 8th is my birthday, so I'll be getting some money (plus the one I'm sparing) to buy a Galaxy S IV. Come to papa! :D
39. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
S4 could bring in lot of disappointment by bringing in nothing unique ... unless of course they make a shift away from plastics.
41. tiburonpineda (limited) (Posts: 39; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
My galaxy s3 is so slow in Sprint i hate sprint. I love my gs3 so fast on my wifi i might change to US cellular is the best provider here in Wa state
43. kosuri.karthik (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
This is crazy comment...HTC will miss!!! Buddy...there is nothing confirmed in smartphone world...once it was iPhone...then galaxy and then some other model....just because Samsung is doing good now...that doesn't mean it will stay in that position forever....if you can say some b****it, I can also say that galaxy 4 might not be as successful due to huge hype and over expectation...HTC might win who knows.....