Motorola DROID 3 user manual shows up early
A quick look through it shows that it will be running Gingerbread with the updated MotoBLUR layered on top. You can also clearly see the layout of the device, with the new 5-row keyboard, and the back where the battery, SIM, and microSD memory card can be installed - though it does say "sold separately".
The manual also shows that the DROID 3 will come with the SWYPE on-screen keyboard and have better Social Networking integration. The 8MP camera on the back can also record 1080p videos (called HD+ in the manual) which is a first for a Verizon smartphone.
Have a look for yourself by using the download link, and let us know if you plan to buy the Motorola DROID 3.
source: Verizon Wireless
1. Droider (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 15:57 0
what's better the droid 3 or the droid bionic? can anyone help?
2. vantenkiest posted on 05 Jul 2011, 16:07 0
in terms of the original specs for bionic... the bionic will be better.
7. AJ (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 17:15 0
But the Bionic does not have global capabilities. The 3 does.
9. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jul 2011, 17:48 0
the original specs for the Bionic fall under those of the Droid 3, the NEW Bionic's specs will probably be generally the same.
8. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jul 2011, 17:47 1
the Droid 3's specs will probably be on par with the Bionic, it depends on what's important to you, LTE and a bigger screen backing the Bionic or the Keyboard equipped Droid 3 with Global capabilities and likely much better battery life.
3. Superguy (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 16:23 0
Bionic will also be LTE. If LTE is important to you, then the Bionic may be the better choice.
4. Droider (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 16:29 0
yeah true, kk thanks
5. URC (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 16:49 0
keyboard is still horrible. worst on the market
10. derp (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 18:55 0
that pretty much applies to the whole phone. another piece of s**t that will constantly power cycle on its own.
6. AJ (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 17:12 0
Droid 3 will be World capable!!!
12. aahahahwtf (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2011, 22:22 2
well looks like i will be getting this phone... going to get a phone tomorrow then return it and get this UNLESS SOMEThing amazing happens like the Galaxy s2 COmes out within those 14 days also : X!
13. keyboardissure (unregistered) posted on 06 Jul 2011, 20:25 0
I have a question about the qwerty vs virtual keyboard. Which is better and why? Or is it just a preference? I personally think it's well suited for many because it's been implemented in the past two models, and it's probably going to sell a lot this month because of the qwerty, I think. However, this is actually going to be my first smartphone as my contract ends soon. So, what do you guys think?
14. Thump3rDX17 posted on 06 Jul 2011, 20:53 0
using the virtual qwerty on a capacitive touch screen can be a little bit of a nuisance sometimes. it's better with increases in screen size and it may not even be a problem if you get a phone 4.0"+ but IMO i think the keyboard is really the one to use if you're a heavy texter like i am because it's all the user.