Motorola Adventure V750 is rugged
This article contains unofficial information.
1. nikki (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0 0
Motorola coming out with an actually durable phone? I'll wait till we get these in our store to be the judge of that.
7. Bags (unregistered) posted on 29 May 2008, 19:28 0 0
Hmm? Have you ever heard of NEXTEL.??
12. nikki (unregistered) posted on 30 May 2008, 20:37 0 0
I work for Verizon, of course I've heard of Nextel. Motorola just doesn't make the most dependable phones. Even you should know that.
2. (unregistered) posted on 29 May 2008, 12:10 0 0
I just hope it doesn't lag or have limited UI customization like all the other Motos
3. pmm122 (unregistered) posted on 29 May 2008, 13:06 0 0
To answer both...the original RAZR was (and is) one of the most durable phones I have ever owned (and read millions upon millions of such testimonials online, too). The RAZR2, also very very durable. The only "weak" phones I've ever had are Samsung and Sony Ericsson (though SE's OS is my very favorite). As to Moto's OS...the new MOTOMAGX (RAZR2 V8, RIZR, ROKR, etc) is WONDERFUL...and, the updated Synergy used on the RAZR2 V9 is FAR more customizable, and one of the fastest you'll ever see. You guys need to get to up to date on your cell facts...
4. pmm122 (unregistered) posted on 29 May 2008, 13:46 0 0
i hope ur talking about the razr for tmo or att cuz for cdma they suck just like u >_< i would never in my life buy another a moto phone. i am sticking with HTC for LIFE!!
9. (unregistered) posted on 30 May 2008, 08:58 0 0
Razr is a good phone? Thats odd considering all the broken and glichy ones I still see at my store. The only phone worse is the Krazer and its probably on the same level of horrible as the original chocolate...... I hope moto pulls themselves up with the new models because anyone that works in a store can tell you how poor they are compared to other makers. I do like the moto 755...
13. nikki (unregistered) posted on 31 May 2008, 11:09 0 0
Hey pmm122 I think YOU need to get up to date on your facts. I work for Verizon and trust me, Motorola is at the BOTTOM of the list. They are returned to my store ALL the time. If you actually worked with different cell phone models daily like I do, you would see how crappy they really are. So next time before you go posting on how good a phone is maybe YOU need to check out your facts.
19. Donato (unregistered) posted on 03 Jun 2008, 22:46 0 0
Nikki, As someone who is familiar with Verizon phones, which one do you think is the best for call quality and reception? I am soon turning in my old LG VX8350 clam for a new phone and I am confused by all the choices. I like the LG enV2 design but I do not do much text messaging. The new LG VX8610 looks promising. Are all Motorola phones poor in your opinion? How about the z6c or this new V750? I prefer not to purchase a touch screen phone because of the "issues" I have read about them. Otherwise, the Venus might be perfect. Thanks for your time and input. I think you can help out many of us with your reply.
5. (unregistered) posted on 29 May 2008, 15:25 0 0
This phone looks pretty good. It will be WAY better than the stupid G'Zone they have now.
6. (unregistered) posted on 29 May 2008, 17:29 0 0
WAit, so is it called the Adventure?
10. (unregistered) posted on 30 May 2008, 09:26 0 0
I like the idea of a ruggedized phone, but most of the manufacturing plants I work in will not allow cameras of any kind in the plant. If they are trying for the business market, I think they miss the point by not having a cameraless option. Also certification for Class I, Div I areas, but thats another issue.
15. (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2008, 09:22 0 0
the current G'z one can be ordered for customers in a non-camera version and that thing can take a beating
11. EZtest (unregistered) posted on 30 May 2008, 15:20 0 0
material needed: 1 - gun 1 - bullet 1 - phone 1 - phone holder take da bullet nd put it n da gun, put da phone n da holder nd put da gun up to da phone nd pull da trigger. if da phone is still in-tact den obviously u missed the phone nd wasted a bullet!!! either dat or da phone is bullet proof! if da phone is n peices den obviously u dropped it before it made it 2 da phone holder (butterfingers!!!!) stay tuned! next time we'll test how durrable a gun is against a steam roller! lolz
21. dirty Harry (unregistered) posted on 09 Jun 2008, 22:53 0 0
That is all Verizon wireless phones are good for target prastice
14. Don Louie (unregistered) posted on 01 Jun 2008, 09:32 0 0
When is it's sprint cousin, the v950 going to rear it's head and what will the name be
17. (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2008, 15:47 0 0
Oh come one everyone! This phone doesn't look that bad. Hell, I'd take it over a Juke. It will be a nice addition to Verizon's line up.
18. rem87062597 (unregistered) posted on 03 Jun 2008, 16:43 0 0
Is it weatherproof like the G'Zones? It doesn't look like it, but that would be nice.
20. geolama (unregistered) posted on 09 Jun 2008, 12:24 0 0
Should be available on or around 7 July.
25. (unregistered) posted on 08 Jul 2008, 17:40 0 0
Should be available on or around 7 July. GEOLAMA............. do YOU know something?
22. TWilli017 (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2008, 16:45 0 0
It's July 7th. No show on this phone yet. :(
23. (unregistered) posted on 08 Jul 2008, 00:57 0 0
i want this phone! any idea when it will be out?
31. 483euilp (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2008, 20:23 0 0
just ask for the phone they probably have it in stock already. i bought mine at july 15. so they have it but havent been selling it to most costumers yet its only worth a 100 after 50 dollars rebate. just ask for it if they have it in stock at any verizon store but not at other stores like circuit city, best buy, or other stores that sells verizon phones cause they dont have it in stock until the day they sell them. which is july 28, 2008
24. TWilli017 (unregistered) posted on 08 Jul 2008, 17:38 0 0
I never understand why the big secret? Just give us a release date already! We know its comin- just give us the date ! Act like its some kind of government secret or something. I get tired of waiting, I will just go over to Sprint and get the same damn phone (V950) & use THIER lousy network! At least I will have my phone...... they already released thiers !!
26. TWilli017 (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2008, 18:38 0 0
This just in: The V750 Adventure to be relased in ALL markets (stores & web) on July 28th, 2008 !
27. TWilli017 (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2008, 18:40 0 0
Cost? $99.99 w/ 2 year contract..PLUS..... a $50 mail in rebate during the promotion. Price goes up with 1 yr contract or no contract.
28. (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2008, 14:19 0 0
I just heard it will be out on the 21st.
29. (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2008, 23:46 0 0
Better yet....but how good is your "source"?
30. Adventure v750 question (unregistered) posted on 17 Jul 2008, 23:21 0 0
Any idea if it will be able to display the clock (time of day) while you are on a call - on either the front or main display? The W755 does, but the Razr V9m does not. Its a nice feature - just wondering if the V750 will - or where I can find out if it does? Of course other than wait until its in the store on Monday.
32. Me (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2008, 11:01 0 0
So much for durable. Just took my phone back to the Verizon store because the display screen was cracked. Cost me $50 to replace it, as they said it wasn't a manufacturer's defectand must have been from being dropped. I probably bumped it lightly on something. Maybe they should have the display screen recessed a bit instead of flush with the front of the phone. I've seen skins for the phone, but then it won't fit into the clip-type holster that they sell for it. They should design a holster that has the phone facing screen side in towards the holster instead of facing outward to bump on thingsl.