Moto X and G orders delayed because of Winter Storm Dion
2. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
While the delays suck, at least when they were contacted Motorola was up front about the cause, and you're right: icy winter storms are really no joke. They can shut down even the best drivers, and nothing would be worse than a delivery truck full of Moto Xs crashing.
However, I really don't mind a delay as I wait for the brand new Moto X I won. It serves as a nice parting gift from Best Buy. :)
15. g.davis17 (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
I won one too! two days after i already ordered one...
16. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Nice. I won mine four days after I was fired. :D
21. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yeah, I leaked confidential information and it was traced back to me. It was an idiotic move. Perhaps it's for the best though. I wasn't making enough there anyway, and there are plenty of better paying jobs in the area. I just wish I could have made it through the holidays so my team wasn't left hanging.
30. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I withhold any comment on Best Buy's quality pending appeal of my termination, lol.
Thanks for rewarding my trust in telling you about this.
3. NexusPhan (Posts: 625; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Just got mine delivered today. So I don't think this story is true. FedEx says all it's storm related delays are over and normal delivery has resumed. I'm guessing Moto is just overwhelmed with orders from the discount. My delay was one day. I'd hardly call a one day delay news worthy.
5. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
When I set up my order last night the estimated delivery was 13 days.
7. NexusPhan (Posts: 625; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the weather.
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
good thing my sister's was shipped before the chaos.
it'll actually be on my doorstep sometime today.
6. AMDPhenomX4 (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Wow. Adopting marketing names from the scummy weather channel. Keep going with this fantastic writing.
9. JC557 (Posts: 1520; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
It's mainly the Weather Channel doing this nonsense hoping to differentiate the minor storms from major ones. I consider it to be extremely idiotic just to give couch potatoes more soundbites.
11. andynaija (Posts: 898; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
These past few days have been really dangerous in the metro area, but the shipments should start going out soon now that the ice is melting.
12. yzzir (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 May 2013)
The reason winter storms could cause delays is the fact some people might not be able to make it into work due to road conditions which leads to less phones being prepped for delivery. While Fedex might be back on track the winter storm probably caused short stock due to less workers being at work over weekend.
13. toiletcleaner (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
I have a Moto X code if anyone want to take it. $150 off is a great deal. Plus u can use the code * Thanks * to receive a 30% off on any accessories. please let me know if anyone is interested on the promo code.
23. toiletcleaner (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
Expiration 12/16/13 11:59PM EST. Enjoy
24. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
You do realize that if someone else sees that code they can take it and redeem it before he possibly sees it. You should have asked for a private email address to send it to.
26. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
If I was going to do such a thing I wouldn't alert you to the possibility. Besides, I already have a free one coming to me.
14. NLiveris (Posts: 12; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
winter storm Dion, lol wtf? TWC should recind that silly, greedy initiative. The naming of weather related events should only be carried out by official, government run meteorological agencies.
18. Landmarkcm (Posts: 505; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
I pre ordered the g from amazon because it said ready for release on the 11th & I thought I was going to have it by the 12th. Well that changed all the way into several weeks. Cancelled that order. Other sites have the price marked up too. Best bet may be ebay if I want it quick and that will cost me like 70 bucks more. So much for the 179 price.
19. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Or, you know, you could be patient and get the phone later, but at the lower price.