Minor software update for the Motorola PHOTON 4G begins to roll out
Seeing that the smartphone is at the top of its game already, this new update simply packs the usual suspect of bug fixes and enhancements. Specifically, we find the following new additions with it:
- Improvements to voice calling to eliminate inadvertent voice calls defaulting to mute
- Improve stability, resulting in fewer occurrences of unresponsiveness
- Bluetooth support for mono headsets with the Sprint Visual Voicemail application
Sprint mentions that the update is being sent out in waves, but if you haven’t received that notification just yet, you can always attempt to initiate the process manually yourself. Also, seeing that it takes 5 to 15 minutes to install, it’s recommended that you have the device charged to at least 50 percent before proceeding with the installation.
2. SmiLeoGeo posted on 24 Aug 2011, 15:05 2 0
I am updating mine as we speak. Hope this ends the silent call issues. If so I am satisfied with this phone.
3. cat finger (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 17:36 0 0
The title of this post is misleading. I have the Photon, and believe me, this is not a 'minor' issue, nor a minor update if it actually fixes it. Having to restart this thing 5+ times a day is extremely frustrating (not to mention embarrassing while trying to make business calls).
Also, I don't see the random restarting issue specifically stated here, but I'm hoping that falls under the "Improves stability" category.
Anyway, I just updated successfully, and will report back after a full day or two!
5. bbabiuk posted on 25 Aug 2011, 11:09 0 0
Quite interesting this phone is experiencing this many issues. The Atrix is stable, even with the latest update.