And now, Microsoft has announced that it will expand its retail presence by opening up six new retails stores in addition to its existing chain of 51. Here is where the new locations will appear:
- The Shops at La Cantera, San Antonio, Texas
- Dadeland Mall, Miami, Fla.
- Beachwood Place, Beachwood, Ohio
- Westfield San Francisco Centre, San Francisco
- City Creek Center, Salt Lake City
- St. Louis Galleria, St. Louis
Microsoft actually has two types of stores right now - Specialty and Full-line, and good news for Microsoft fans is that in the forthcoming years the company will upgrade some of the Specialty locations into Full-line.
Add to that the rumor that in 2013, Microosft will open stores in Europe, and it’s starting to look interesting.