Leaked photos allegedly show Retina display Apple iPad mini 2 with color options
The leaked images of what is said to be the Apple iPad mini 2 shows a thicker casing than the one used on the original iPad mini. In the same way that leaked pictures of the thicker casing for the third-generation iPad 3 foreshadowed the Retina display on the that tablet, the thicker casing for the next Apple iPad mini would seem to reveal that as expected, the one major complaint buyers have had with the byte-sized (groan) version of the iPad will be addressed by Cupertino. We could see the next Apple iPad mini offering a screen with a pixel density of 324ppi. Analysts already have figured upgrading the screen to a Retina Display would require a 30% price hike on a tablet that is already priced near the top for its category.
The leaked photos also show that the Apple on back of the device has been replaced with a blue colored one. The color itself looks similar to what is available with the 5th-generation Apple iPod touch which means we could see several color options for the next Apple iPad mini.
source: Weiphone (translated) via RedmondPie
Leaked images allegedly of the Apple iPad mini 2 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
03 Dec 2013, 05:54
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Living with the LG G2: a long-term review
03 Dec 2013, 07:53
Leaked images allegedly of the Apple iPad mini 2
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4183; Member since: 14 May 2012)
$349 if anything, but I get your sarcasm.
5. fanboy1974 (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Why would Apple want to sale a $349 mini with the same resolution as it's big brother at $499? Haven't you looked at the stock prices lately? I see it between $400 to $500 dollars just because their hurting the 9.7" model at the $329 starting price.
26. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
willl buy it only if its less than 350$ or else its better buying a ipad 3 refurbished one for 399$
34. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Sad thing is I was serious :(
If the rumors are true and having "retina" display increases apples costs by 30%, expect the cost of an entry level mini to be at least $450
24. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1260; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
It's $570 in my country for the base wifi and 16gb version,
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4183; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I would def. buy an iPad Mini if it had a Retina display at the same price with a A6X chip. This would be the first thing I would buy from Apple since 2006 (iPod Classic 30GB).
7. Aeires (unregistered)
Only if iOS7 was a total rebuild, and then it'd still be a maybe.
16. taz89 (Posts: 1766; Member since: 03 May 2011)
agree if ios7 is a huge improvement then i can see myself getting the new mini
8. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Different colors to choose from!?!?!?!?!?!?! zOMG this is a total game-changer!!!!!!!!!!!!
20. hepresearch (unregistered)
Apple takes a page out of Nokia's play book? Creepy...
32. Gdrye (Posts: 82; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
u got to be kidding me...nokia playbook there were color options on ipods for a while now, not saying apple invented the color devices, but they sure to pretty much have a history with it as anyone else
33. hepresearch (unregistered)
9. mas11 (Posts: 1003; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
As long as people are willing to overspend Apple will continue to make up crazy prices. The iPad mini should be no more than $249 imho.
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5426; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
even $299 would be acceptable being that it's so well made but it would also have to be more than a recycled iPad 2 which it isn't.
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5173; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Why is color options such big news? they just spray paint it u can do that at home too
13. BadAssAbe (Posts: 433; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Spray paint, bluff, clear coat, then wax. Way more complex LOL ;)
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Should b another great device. Solid and fluid.
17. taz89 (Posts: 1766; Member since: 03 May 2011)
agree hardware and fluidity wise it will be awesome, just hope ios 7 is a huge improvement and not imo a small update like ios 6...for me i want to be able to set my own default apps and just drag and drop files instead of having to sync everything...for me those 2 are the most important
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm with u on that. After the ribbing apples taken this past year, it should b a big update. I think it will b
14. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 817; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I have a feeling Apple would never have a blue logo like that.
It just doesn't look right.
18. nikenturd (unregistered)
This will be a good compliment to my Note 2....hope its well within the $329 range
23. kozza3 (Posts: 524; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i personally loved the form factor of the mini but it's an ipad and therefor useless to me
29. BigBoss10 (Posts: 158; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)