Leaked photos allegedly show Retina display Apple iPad mini 2 with color options
The leaked images of what is said to be the Apple iPad mini 2 shows a thicker casing than the one used on the original iPad mini. In the same way that leaked pictures of the thicker casing for the third-generation iPad 3 foreshadowed the Retina display on the that tablet, the thicker casing for the next Apple iPad mini would seem to reveal that as expected, the one major complaint buyers have had with the byte-sized (groan) version of the iPad will be addressed by Cupertino. We could see the next Apple iPad mini offering a screen with a pixel density of 324ppi. Analysts already have figured upgrading the screen to a Retina Display would require a 30% price hike on a tablet that is already priced near the top for its category.
The leaked photos also show that the Apple on back of the device has been replaced with a blue colored one. The color itself looks similar to what is available with the 5th-generation Apple iPod touch which means we could see several color options for the next Apple iPad mini.
source: Weiphone (translated) via RedmondPie
Leaked images allegedly of the Apple iPad mini 2 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
5. fanboy1974 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 19:07 2 2
Why would Apple want to sale a $349 mini with the same resolution as it's big brother at $499? Haven't you looked at the stock prices lately? I see it between $400 to $500 dollars just because their hurting the 9.7" model at the $329 starting price.
26. loyals posted on 22 Feb 2013, 01:28 0 1
willl buy it only if its less than 350$ or else its better buying a ipad 3 refurbished one for 399$
34. lolioslol (banned) posted on 22 Feb 2013, 13:05 0 0
Sad thing is I was serious :(
If the rumors are true and having "retina" display increases apples costs by 30%, expect the cost of an entry level mini to be at least $450
24. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 22 Feb 2013, 00:24 0 1
It's $570 in my country for the base wifi and 16gb version,
2. PapaSmurf posted on 21 Feb 2013, 18:43 3 0
I would def. buy an iPad Mini if it had a Retina display at the same price with a A6X chip. This would be the first thing I would buy from Apple since 2006 (iPod Classic 30GB).
7. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 21 Feb 2013, 19:16 3 2
Only if iOS7 was a total rebuild, and then it'd still be a maybe.
16. taz89 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 20:28 1 2
agree if ios7 is a huge improvement then i can see myself getting the new mini
8. gmracer1 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 19:25 6 3
Different colors to choose from!?!?!?!?!?!?! zOMG this is a total game-changer!!!!!!!!!!!!
20. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 21 Feb 2013, 21:44 0 2
Apple takes a page out of Nokia's play book? Creepy...
32. Gdrye posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:20 1 1
u got to be kidding me...nokia playbook there were color options on ipods for a while now, not saying apple invented the color devices, but they sure to pretty much have a history with it as anyone else
33. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 22 Feb 2013, 12:08 0 1
9. mas11 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 19:28 1 0
As long as people are willing to overspend Apple will continue to make up crazy prices. The iPad mini should be no more than $249 imho.
21. KingKurogiii posted on 21 Feb 2013, 22:15 1 0
even $299 would be acceptable being that it's so well made but it would also have to be more than a recycled iPad 2 which it isn't.
10. InspectorGadget80 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 19:31 5 2
Why is color options such big news? they just spray paint it u can do that at home too
13. BadAssAbe posted on 21 Feb 2013, 19:40 1 0
Spray paint, bluff, clear coat, then wax. Way more complex LOL ;)
11. darkkjedii posted on 21 Feb 2013, 19:33 1 7
Should b another great device. Solid and fluid.
17. taz89 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 20:30 1 1
agree hardware and fluidity wise it will be awesome, just hope ios 7 is a huge improvement and not imo a small update like ios 6...for me i want to be able to set my own default apps and just drag and drop files instead of having to sync everything...for me those 2 are the most important
19. darkkjedii posted on 21 Feb 2013, 21:12 0 2
I'm with u on that. After the ribbing apples taken this past year, it should b a big update. I think it will b
14. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 19:47 1 0
I have a feeling Apple would never have a blue logo like that.
It just doesn't look right.
18. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 21 Feb 2013, 20:44 1 0
This will be a good compliment to my Note 2....hope its well within the $329 range
23. kozza3 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 22:33 0 0
i personally loved the form factor of the mini but it's an ipad and therefor useless to me