LG Optimus G2 mouthwatering specs leak - 5" Full HD screen and 2GHz quad-core to arrive in May
7. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
agree. i cant wait to get my hands on this bad boy... 2013 is going to be a great year.. only thing i pray LG to do is put a monster battery in this..
65. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Lg needs to STOP FRONTING. If they didn't put out jellbean on the Optimus G when they had plenty of time they won't put out Key lime pie on the Optimus G 2. Samsung they will never be the Galaxy S4 as well as the Galaxy Note 3 will piss all over the Lg Optimus G 2. Matter of fact today my current Galaxy Note 2 s**ts all over the Lg Optimus G. .
8. MeoCao (unregistered)
Agree, LG has stepped up its game lately.
But Key Lime Pie? This is reserved for a Nexus, right?
12. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
How can an Android version be reserved for one specific line of phones or tablets??? I don't think that's right...unless you heard it form a reliable source. I'm not sure too, but enlighten me when you find out!
19. MeoCao (unregistered)
My pleasure, the first release of a new version of Android has always been on a Nexus. Key Lime Pie will not be released before May or June.
49. skymitch89 (Posts: 1042; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Android 3.x (Honeycomb) was released just for tablet. Or does that not count because you don't remember it?
54. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
But lots of manufacturers made tablets with Honeycomb in it... We're talking about one line here...the nexus line, ding ding?
35. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I think it's reserved for Nexus 7" version 2 .....can't wait .....!!!!
59. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I still believe in Sammy, their Galaxy S line phones were the best 3 Times in a role, if not then 4 (Counting the Galaxy S IV)
67. DanMarino13 (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
This phone does have beastly specs! regarding the Key Lime Pie and any variant of an Android OS being "reserved".... to clear up the honeycomb argument, 3.0 was optimized specifically for ANDROID TABLETS, not specifically one manufacturer or model. Typically google releases the next version of Android on a Nexus model, which then typically trickles down to the next manufacturers flagship phones and from then on is released on the mid-grade and high end models until the next version is released. However, Google doesn't neccesarily have to follow the pattern it's gone down in the past, they could have already switched the game plan for the next few versions of Android, or not. We won't know for sure until 5.0 is released!
45. AnTuTu (Posts: 680; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Haahahahahah well done LG
Look at poor fruit now lolzzzz
2. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
it will be a dud if its not equipped with a good battery
3. Shubham412302 (Posts: 298; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
s4 prime is mouth watering
10. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Nope, At 2 Ghz the processor becomes a battery hog...
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The quad-core has to mean something don't it???
4. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
sounds like a good device from LG's camp if its released by MAy
but they really need to work on their UI
5. whencatsruletheworld (Posts: 16; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
As much as I love technology and phones but phone industries is just moving tooooooooo quickly. But its good though.
Cant wait for Android 5.0 but 4.2 seems perfect to me! lol
9. MeoCao (unregistered)
It will be JB 4.2 unless this is a Nexus.
6. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
LG finally found itself. That's what I'm talkin' about. Focus everything on one flagship, like the S3 and the iPhone. that's sure to gain traction.
that's why HTC fails in marketing - instead of releasing a One X+, they should have waited to create a Two X or something.
Same with Sony and Motorola. Naming is unorganized and it doesn't stick to people's minds. It would have been better if they used Razr 2 and Razr 3... then something for Sony.
people like follow ups and successors, it's proof that something was successful.
16. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Agree SONY must create an ultra high end phone each year (Xperia BADASS maybe) and create something to succeed it by next year. Oh well their business strategy is somewhat different.
38. MeoCao (unregistered)
Xperia BADASS, Haha This is surely a memorable name.
52. Coolkid (Posts: 24; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
@Xiaphias... What a coincidence... Even I suggested that same name (Xperia BADASS) once on Xperiablog... We think alike...:):):)
64. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Not my Idea. Oh I see you were the one who posted that, I actually liked that name thus you see me here posting/suggesting that very same name.
11. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
S4 prime?, isn't that one supposed to be designed to power Smart TV's?
43. LordDavon (Posts: 107; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
Yes. The Prime has no internal radios/modems (3G, LTE, etc.), and if they went with an external radio, that would kill battery life. It is probably either the next Pro, or the "Next Gen Snapdragon", and it got misinterpreted as Prime.
47. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3945; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
"with a frugal 3rd generation LTE radio inside."
Apparently it won't kill battery life.
13. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Wow.. snapdragon prime?
The rate smartphone muscle grows at, is unprecedented.
Phones are getting the best ARM processors first, and tablets are following!
15. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
It does not matter. The phone manufacturer is Lg. So, keep calm and wait for alternatives.
28. anGel_pLayer (Posts: 49; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
LG's Hardware is good. No doubt about that. Software is meh... What's more, they lock their bootloaders...
18. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
No, not like that. S4 prime will also power mobile devices but however, I don't spot any difference S4 pro and S4 prime. They use same gpu, same modem, same architecture, same speed, same camera support. And S4 prime can't clock upto 2.0ghz. It's max speed is 1.7ghz.
23. darkskoliro (Posts: 953; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Yeah I call BS on this rumour, just had a look at qualcomm's list of S4 processors, S4 prime is exactly the same as S4pro but for TVs and such WITH no modem. But the 2ghz is a giveaway, max is 1.7 yes.
48. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3945; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The MSM8974 can be clocked up to 2.5 GHz. It also has higher frequency memory, and has support for various cellular networks.
20. wendygarett (unregistered)
Not very interest... Especially that 5 inch, sound too big for me lol...
22. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Yet you crave for an iPan mini? Logic please help me. . .
21. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
The S4 Prime is the S4 Pro but without a modem and it's used in TV's. The max clock speed both the S4 Pro and S4 Prime can reach is 1.7Ghz.
26. redmd (Posts: 868; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I will wait for what the Note 3 has to offer. battery is important to me after all.
27. ryq24 (Posts: 479; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
ok. all plan of buying a new phone is off. next year will be the year of 5" screen! htc was first then sony then samsung and now lg. not even mentioning lenovo, zte and hwawei. can't wait. sad iphone 5s will still have a 4' screen.
30. wumberpeb (Posts: 424; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Jeez, can't I enjoy my Optimus G for 5 minutes without hearing about the next one coming out in 6 months?! 8 cores to make my dreamy quad core feel inadequate, dammit!
31. speckledapple (Posts: 878; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
The prime is supposed to go inside Smart TVs. If they put that in a phone, wont that be a little much for a normal battery? I hope they step up the battery size.
32. Grishm (Posts: 52; Member since: 18 May 2012)
Nice to see LG stepping up its game. Hope Sony and HTC too follow LG's lead and come up with monsters that can provide stiff competition to Samsung Galaxy S IV.
70. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6241; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Sony already working on their rumor Odin phone I'm waiting till MAY to buy a 1080P FULL HD PHONE
34. The_Innovation (Posts: 538; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
So is it safe to assume that the latest version of Android will finally go to other phones besides Nexus ones from the start?
37. shahulvm (Posts: 110; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
This LG is funny, Optimus G is yet to reach global sales and they have the Optimus G2 being leaked (or advertised)...
41. Twisted247 (Posts: 197; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Not only going that the Galaxy s4 comes with the big little setup of an 8 core and having the bigger core at around a 1.8-2.0 quad Exynos 5 series. But Samsung also mentioned a few months back that they had already developed a 128Gb internal storage for cell phones. So I wonder if they will have it dialed in by then.
I wouldn't have an issue posting a little more then the note 2's contact price to see a big little setup along with a128Gb internal storage and a1080p display by our before 3rd quarter 2013
46. hinz10 (Posts: 15; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Can`t wait for iphone 7.5s, it will be a beast with these specs!
50. gazmatic (Posts: 559; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Why cat3 Lte when the prime can support cat4?
Either way I like this. I want to see the specs of the lumia 1001... Will it use a prime chip like this?
51. osanilevich (Posts: 244; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
I got my optimus g literally THIS MORNING. Smh lg...
56. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Lots of competition this coming year I'm lovin' it.