Italian designers would make beautiful iPhones: Antonio De Rosa edition
Italian designers would make beautiful iPhones: Antonio De Rosa edition
20. xenonn1 (Posts: 19; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
italians make beautiful images in cinema4d etc.. You can't use that case in reality, its to small for a 2012 smartphone with last generation hardware on it.[sorry for my english]
2. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 630; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This extraordinary obsession of the World with speculation of how new iPhone could look like is maybe the most important indicator of how Applemania works - it is deeply integrated in our subconciousness with paradigmatic images and so much of an object of desire that only psychoanalysis can explain that.
Everyone is trying to predict something which is already very predictable. Even I have designed a concept rendering for iPhone 5... no one can escape the desire.
This is the true sickness of our captalist society - making religions and cults over ethereal objects of desire, which are nothing more than self-actualisation of the Subject in commodity which have become a sign.
17. chocolatebear76 (Posts: 121; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
well said bro's,i thought i was the only one out here who knows what's going on
3. FoneAddict (Posts: 206; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Beautiful, shame the iPhone 5 won't look like this.
4. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
Apple would never change the iPhone this drastically. If Italian designers can make such a beautiful iPhone, why haven't we seen other gorgeous Android or BlackBerry or Windows Phones or anything?
30. E.J.Su (Posts: 25; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
They are too busy predicting next iPhone design.
5. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Well, I say this concept sux.
Too thin, too rectangular, it would be a uncomfortable, slippery disaster to hold.
Also, did he forgot to put a battery in there? Haha.
Current iPhone look, just slightly enlarged and with 4inch screen would be much better design - it's iconic and has its mojo, unlike this one.
6. ateo (Posts: 14; Member since: 09 Jul 2008)
Kinda looks like a Sony xperia ion. Design very reminscent to Sony (Ericsson) lineage. Top portion like Sony Ericsson Xperia x10i only slimmer.
7. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
@appleconspiracy - lol.
Talk about being obsessed. You need help, man.
This is a design study from a DESIGNER who loves to do it..nothing more.
Knock knock, you heard of design studies of non-apple phones?
There were tons of them!
Actually I think SGSIII is the champion in that category.
9. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 630; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
As an professional industrial designer I can assure you that this is not correct. There are of course numerous studies of other phones, but this is entirely different phenomenon. Almost every design studio deals with iPhone, and deviations like SGSIII only proves itself as a negative feedback on iPhone aesthetics and religion, and it's in substantial minority.
In designer, there is an unexplainable urge to design iPhone, just like in every man there is an urge to buy one. The final decision will only depend on whether this man will cultivate hatred or worship towards iPhone. It is evidence that it is a cult-object of worship and desire, not just plain design study - that would be very naive theory.
8. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Like it's even gonna fit in that very slim body.
10. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
it looks more like an android phone probably updated version of samsung galaxy note... i'm not sure of its thin frame though but its beautiful..
40. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
why.. this is completely impractical… an actual design that is applicable yet beautiful would be nice…
12. TR0LL (banned) (Posts: 41; Member since: 20 May 2012)
O M G......
Italians are the best in designs and quality!
This is a CONCEPT design phone. Which looks
With no ugly curves what so ever. Pure fine lines
Edge to edge.....
The stuff ov dreams.....
18. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Apple would never make something this good.
13. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
pretty sexy but a little to flat/square for me. Doesn't seem like it would be very comfortable in the hand if that was the actual design.
14. uzairkhan1994 (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
even if apple turns out to make this phone, android fans wud call it ugly...
15. Archan_Pe (Posts: 74; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
If the next iPhone looked like this... I would cry everyday cuz i dont have it... MY GOSH! never been an apple fan but it this happens... let all other phones bow down to the phone fatale iphone... stunning design
16. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
Doesnt work the 3rd gen heats up the phone would be too hot to hanlde, literally
19. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you know, i love how people think this phone is hot. And it truely does look very nice.. but there is something familiar about it..
it looks like a flattened SGS2.
ah well, at least this guy agrees that the next screen should be 4.3 inches. :)
25. andro. (Posts: 1960; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I was gonna say the same it looks like a galaxy s2 in white only slightly thinner. If this model was accurate i wonder would gallitoking etc still say the s2 is ugly and cheap looking when their iphone looks the exact same
29. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I actually went on record and said the SGSII is a good looking phone specially the white version compare to the SGSIII
31. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
he did praise the loviness of the white version. that i remember.
34. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
And it's funny how the SGSII looks like an iPhone including home button and black and white color versions
39. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
maybe thats why I like the white version..
44. frydaexiii (Posts: 1236; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
and it's funny how the iPhone looks like the Prada with a middle button and black and white.
Come on Taco, I don't wanna stereotype iUsers being idiots but you're still here.
45. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea sure, if you made it out of cheap glass, shrank it, ripped out all its power, removed all customizations, and put a shiny apple logo on it.
46. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Yea because plastic is more premium than glass. Whenever I stay at a nice hotel all the vases are made of plastic.
21. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
After reading this article, I suddenly had the urge to order two large pizzas..
22. mercorp (Posts: 971; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Samsung must hire this man for their galaxy s IV!
23. JunitoNH (Posts: 927; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Maybe Samsung should hire him to design the next SG4, god only knows they need more help.
24. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
I think this is wat everyone imagined the Galaxy S3 to look like but we got something else.
26. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1611; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Looks just like a flat iPad, it's huge.
28. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Awesome but it still a dream,actual product is always diff
32. valleyfromsouth (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Hmmm This Looks like a Galaxy S 2 Deluxe Edition, this is how Galaxy s3 should Been.
35. alan_1230 (Posts: 76; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
It looks like a gorgeous mock up but the bezel to thin looks weird and to sharp on edges well it looks like it other then that it's really good .
36. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I LUV IT the only problem if i drop it :( Apple should def go with this not with some ugly a*s design!!!
38. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6579; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Apple will never make their phone as thin as the RAZR.
41. reagannism (Posts: 9; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
is this my feeling or this design is quiet similar with LG optimus L7 ? lol
42. frydaexiii (Posts: 1236; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Aww, you iFans like it? Good, it's never gonna happen.