Italian designers would make beautiful iPhones: Antonio De Rosa edition
Italian designers would make beautiful iPhones: Antonio De Rosa edition Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
20. xenonn1 posted on 22 May 2012, 07:18 3 0
italians make beautiful images in cinema4d etc.. You can't use that case in reality, its to small for a 2012 smartphone with last generation hardware on it.[sorry for my english]
2. AppleConspiracy posted on 22 May 2012, 03:05 10 2
This extraordinary obsession of the World with speculation of how new iPhone could look like is maybe the most important indicator of how Applemania works - it is deeply integrated in our subconciousness with paradigmatic images and so much of an object of desire that only psychoanalysis can explain that.
Everyone is trying to predict something which is already very predictable. Even I have designed a concept rendering for iPhone 5... no one can escape the desire.
This is the true sickness of our captalist society - making religions and cults over ethereal objects of desire, which are nothing more than self-actualisation of the Subject in commodity which have become a sign.
17. chocolatebear76 posted on 22 May 2012, 05:35 3 0
well said bro's,i thought i was the only one out here who knows what's going on
3. FoneAddict posted on 22 May 2012, 03:13 13 1
Beautiful, shame the iPhone 5 won't look like this.
4. jubbing posted on 22 May 2012, 03:24 4 0
Apple would never change the iPhone this drastically. If Italian designers can make such a beautiful iPhone, why haven't we seen other gorgeous Android or BlackBerry or Windows Phones or anything?
5. darac posted on 22 May 2012, 03:37 7 3
Well, I say this concept sux.
Too thin, too rectangular, it would be a uncomfortable, slippery disaster to hold.
Also, did he forgot to put a battery in there? Haha.
Current iPhone look, just slightly enlarged and with 4inch screen would be much better design - it's iconic and has its mojo, unlike this one.
6. ateo posted on 22 May 2012, 03:39 5 0
Kinda looks like a Sony xperia ion. Design very reminscent to Sony (Ericsson) lineage. Top portion like Sony Ericsson Xperia x10i only slimmer.
7. darac posted on 22 May 2012, 03:45 5 2
@appleconspiracy - lol.
Talk about being obsessed. You need help, man.
This is a design study from a DESIGNER who loves to do it..nothing more.
Knock knock, you heard of design studies of non-apple phones?
There were tons of them!
Actually I think SGSIII is the champion in that category.
9. AppleConspiracy posted on 22 May 2012, 04:14 2 3
As an professional industrial designer I can assure you that this is not correct. There are of course numerous studies of other phones, but this is entirely different phenomenon. Almost every design studio deals with iPhone, and deviations like SGSIII only proves itself as a negative feedback on iPhone aesthetics and religion, and it's in substantial minority.
In designer, there is an unexplainable urge to design iPhone, just like in every man there is an urge to buy one. The final decision will only depend on whether this man will cultivate hatred or worship towards iPhone. It is evidence that it is a cult-object of worship and desire, not just plain design study - that would be very naive theory.
8. OpTiMuS_BlAcK posted on 22 May 2012, 04:00 3 0
Like it's even gonna fit in that very slim body.
10. andyboi_ph posted on 22 May 2012, 04:14 3 0
it looks more like an android phone probably updated version of samsung galaxy note... i'm not sure of its thin frame though but its beautiful..
40. Lucas777 posted on 22 May 2012, 22:58 0 0
why.. this is completely impractical… an actual design that is applicable yet beautiful would be nice…
12. TR0LL (banned) posted on 22 May 2012, 04:40 0 5
O M G......
Italians are the best in designs and quality!
This is a CONCEPT design phone. Which looks
With no ugly curves what so ever. Pure fine lines
Edge to edge.....
The stuff ov dreams.....
13. jcpwn2004 posted on 22 May 2012, 04:50 1 1
pretty sexy but a little to flat/square for me. Doesn't seem like it would be very comfortable in the hand if that was the actual design.
14. uzairkhan1994 posted on 22 May 2012, 04:52 0 5
even if apple turns out to make this phone, android fans wud call it ugly...
15. Archan_Pe posted on 22 May 2012, 05:11 1 0
If the next iPhone looked like this... I would cry everyday cuz i dont have it... MY GOSH! never been an apple fan but it this happens... let all other phones bow down to the phone fatale iphone... stunning design
16. belovedson posted on 22 May 2012, 05:17 0 0
Doesnt work the 3rd gen heats up the phone would be too hot to hanlde, literally
19. remixfa posted on 22 May 2012, 07:00 4 0
you know, i love how people think this phone is hot. And it truely does look very nice.. but there is something familiar about it..
it looks like a flattened SGS2.
ah well, at least this guy agrees that the next screen should be 4.3 inches. :)
25. andro. posted on 22 May 2012, 09:48 0 0
I was gonna say the same it looks like a galaxy s2 in white only slightly thinner. If this model was accurate i wonder would gallitoking etc still say the s2 is ugly and cheap looking when their iphone looks the exact same
29. gallitoking posted on 22 May 2012, 12:01 2 0
I actually went on record and said the SGSII is a good looking phone specially the white version compare to the SGSIII
31. remixfa posted on 22 May 2012, 12:04 0 0
he did praise the loviness of the white version. that i remember.
34. taco50 (banned) posted on 22 May 2012, 12:39 3 2
And it's funny how the SGSII looks like an iPhone including home button and black and white color versions
44. frydaexiii posted on 23 May 2012, 03:18 0 0
and it's funny how the iPhone looks like the Prada with a middle button and black and white.
Come on Taco, I don't wanna stereotype iUsers being idiots but you're still here.
45. remixfa posted on 23 May 2012, 13:00 0 0
yea sure, if you made it out of cheap glass, shrank it, ripped out all its power, removed all customizations, and put a shiny apple logo on it.
46. taco50 (banned) posted on 23 May 2012, 13:51 0 0
Yea because plastic is more premium than glass. Whenever I stay at a nice hotel all the vases are made of plastic.
21. GuiltyBystander posted on 22 May 2012, 07:30 0 0
After reading this article, I suddenly had the urge to order two large pizzas..
22. mercorp posted on 22 May 2012, 08:14 0 0
Samsung must hire this man for their galaxy s IV!
23. JunitoNH posted on 22 May 2012, 08:40 2 2
Maybe Samsung should hire him to design the next SG4, god only knows they need more help.
24. lzsbleach posted on 22 May 2012, 08:44 4 0
I think this is wat everyone imagined the Galaxy S3 to look like but we got something else.
28. Mube1 posted on 22 May 2012, 11:58 0 0
Awesome but it still a dream,actual product is always diff
32. valleyfromsouth posted on 22 May 2012, 12:10 0 0
Hmmm This Looks like a Galaxy S 2 Deluxe Edition, this is how Galaxy s3 should Been.
35. alan_1230 posted on 22 May 2012, 12:56 0 0
It looks like a gorgeous mock up but the bezel to thin looks weird and to sharp on edges well it looks like it other then that it's really good .
36. Leon101 posted on 22 May 2012, 13:59 0 0
I LUV IT the only problem if i drop it :( Apple should def go with this not with some ugly a*s design!!!
38. InspectorGadget80 posted on 22 May 2012, 15:34 1 1
Apple will never make their phone as thin as the RAZR.
41. reagannism posted on 23 May 2012, 00:34 0 0
is this my feeling or this design is quiet similar with LG optimus L7 ? lol
42. frydaexiii posted on 23 May 2012, 03:15 0 0
Aww, you iFans like it? Good, it's never gonna happen.