Is the Apple iPhone 5S coming in gunmetal?
The picture happens to come from the same place where we saw the gold Apple iPhone 5S last week, so there is some reason to believe that the SIM card tray is genuine. The Apple iPhone originally was available in black and then white was added to the lineup with the Apple iPhone 3G. Gold would be the first new color added since then, and it could be that gunmetal accompanies gold.
Gunmetal is defined as being a dark gray color. And while we cast a skeptical eye on the report, we should leave a little room to be open minded considering the strong possibility that we will see a gold model introduced this year. Apple hasn't officially announced the date when it will unveil its new Apple iPhone lineup, but that is expected to be September 10th.
Apple iPhone5S coming in gunmetal? Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
Apple iPhone5S coming in gunmetal?
source: Ascii.jp (translated) via SlashGear
13. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
The main point is to bombard us with "magical iNews" every single day, iGold, iPremium plastc, iDelightful colors, and now this.
23. ShenAlJoker (Posts: 70; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
THE WHOLE LAST WEEK WAS ALL ABOUT iS**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's going on PA??????????
2. Jklaz (Posts: 117; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
PA editors probably fappin to iPhone leaks.. 50th one this week and it's a some card tray -_-
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5842; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Web traffic = money for them. Don't be surprised.
14. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Stop with this "Web traffic" BS.
They are clearly fighting for their religion.
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5472; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
yep their on a field day with their beloved same phone. if it was man in GUN METAL it would be even more expensive
16. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
same cheap tin-can. Painted.
I love the "gold" iBS .lol
Original rumor was "champagne" color, but it was not good enough for the PA-iboys
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'd probably opt for the gunmetal if it's real and if i was going to get an iPhone 5S. o:
11. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2741; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
You should, it'd be a big upgrade from your normal choices.
20. Commentator (Posts: 2086; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
...in the "gunmetal" thread. I get it!
17. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Yeaaah, it' a real gunmetal , as the other is real gold (or real champagne)
6. quakan (Posts: 1064; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Please be real! I've wanted this for so long.
7. GeekyGene (Posts: 76; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
Could be interesting. More colour options are certainly a good thing. The idea of a gold phone sounded awful, but the champagne colour with white and the silver logo actually looked quite nice. Maybe not everyone's taste but then that's why they have options. Gunmetal would probably be with the black right? Giving two options on each colour.
19. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
"The idea of a gold phone sounded awful, but the champagne colour ......... actually looked quite nice."
lol....You do realize , that you are talking about the same thing? Or the imedia made a mess in your head.
26. E.N. (Posts: 2217; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
He's comparing the "idea" of a gold iPhone with the ACTUAL images of a gold/"champagne" colored iPhone. Even though I personally wouldn't buy the champagne color, I agree that it looked much classier than what I expected.
It looks like he handled the iMedia pretty well. You on the other hand, need to work on your S Comprehension...
9. Genersis (Posts: 161; Member since: 29 May 2013)
It could be just a part yet to be coloured gold/silver/black. Time will tell I guess.
10. AfterShock (Posts: 908; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
To be annealed yet I believe you're bang on.
12. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
" gold (or champagne, if you prefer)"
Don't play clever PA. LOL
The rumor was "champagne" , but you, all the iMedia, changed it to "gold".
18. Atlas (Posts: 153; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
Are you just doing this to annoy us now, we know the new iPhone will come is a few more colours. GEEZ.
21. certifiedwomanizer (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
I think it's just make sense. So far there's a champagne gold with white front-face, so maybe to make the color even, Apple just make another combination with this gunmetal and black front-face.
22. Taters (Posts: 2103; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Eh? My iPhone 5 work phone looks gunmetal already because technically its not black.
24. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 169; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Big deal. You'll never see it anyway, everyone keeps it in a case.
25. -box- (Posts: 3537; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So apple insists on copying Nokia's colors for their alleged C series, gold/champagne for the alleged 5, and now the 925's gunmetal finish for another alleged model?
28. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 194; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
I am no fan of iphones, but if they are really making it in gunmetal, it would be one tough phone and unlikely to get dents like the Aluminium bodies.