Images are leaked believed to be Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S II - the Galaxy Within
Our friends across the big pond are getting their fill with the amazing Samsung Galaxy S II, but it seems we’re getting our first look at the version that’s going to grace Sprint’s lineup. The team over as This Is My Next managed to nab images believed to be the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Within – Sprint’s variant of the Galaxy S II.
From what we can see so far, we find Sprint’s logo prominently positioned in the back, along with an 8-megapixel snapper as well. Moreover, it’s being reported to be running Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread right now. Aside from those items, that’s pretty much all that can be gathered about the handset so far – though, we’re certain it’ll be sporting that pretty Super AMOLED Plus display too.
As we all know, Sprint’s lineup is going to be stacked to the brim with some respectable high-end devices – like the recent HTC EVO 3D and upcoming Motorola PHOTON 4G. Needless to say, Samsung’s high-caliber offering should meet the mark made with its rivals, but we’re curious to know more about this handset. Summer is surely scorching right now, and we’re certain people all around are waiting for anything regarding the US variants of the Samsung Galaxy S II.
source: This Is My Next via Android Central
3. alecgale posted on 15 Jul 2011, 19:35 3
now we just need the verizon version and i'm happy
good to know it is actually coming to the US though
44. Ivan6479 posted on 16 Jul 2011, 17:42 0
Hmm.. I thought I read earlier in the week some where that Verizon may be launching the S2 on the 21st, but I guess only time will tell as all the carriers seem to be enjoying keeping their customers in the dark. What ever happened to taking care of your loyal customers? :(
4. luis_lopez_351 posted on 15 Jul 2011, 19:35 1
:o why are sprint and t-mo getting better phones than verizon and att?
7. Allday28 posted on 15 Jul 2011, 19:48 5
Im pretty sure Verizon and att will be getting this..
26. networkdood posted on 15 Jul 2011, 22:24 0
They will, under a different name. I love the Galaxy phones the best. Infuse 4G is really just a Galaxy S 2 type phone, too.
36. Fulaman (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 08:55 0
The infuse 4g is more like a Galaxy S original (first galaxy s) not the second one. It has a single-core processor and runs on touchwiz 3.0 like the original galaxy s line.
18. alecgale posted on 15 Jul 2011, 21:04 2
bc lte chips, radios and antennas are much more expensive than sprint's wimax or t-mobiles hspa+ so it's harder for them to turn a profit on lte and dual core as for att idk bc you can't even make a phone call on it
20. sniperace posted on 15 Jul 2011, 21:20 3
Because verizon customers like to pay more and get less...thought you new that??
43. Jaison_Axton (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 17:36 2
Because Verizon and At&t arent cool enough to still carry unlimited data and sprint is. Whats the point of having cool high end phones on a capped/throttled network.. Just saying :)
50. aHA (unregistered) posted on 17 Jul 2011, 09:36 0
such an angry little troll...
9. Superguy (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 19:59 0
Now let's see the Verizon version!
10. AndroidOS posted on 15 Jul 2011, 20:05 2
I have a strong feeling that AT&T will be getting the phone first.
Which is fine with me!
waiting waiting waiting
12. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 15 Jul 2011, 20:38 1
The Epic 2 is going to be just a refreshed Epic. Update the processor to 1.2ghz, super amoled plus, and android 2.3.
14. tomtom (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 20:42 0
damn it.. should i return my evo 3d for this or just keep it??
15. Dj21o posted on 15 Jul 2011, 20:53 1
In all honesty, sense is ugly IMO. The GS2 is spiked with way better specs, and looks a whole lot nicer. Return it while you still can!
16. theo14461 posted on 15 Jul 2011, 20:57 1
Keep it, who knows exactly when this will be available. Besides, the EVO 3D is a great phone.
22. tomtom (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 21:22 0
i think the evo 3d looks better and feels amazing but i cant get over the amazing screen of the sgs2 and its the only phone on the market that actualy feels like a dual core dont get me wrong the evo is fast but compare it to the gs2 and its not even a competition
32. cyborg (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 23:19 0
Warning though, when you dive into the AMOLED realm especially sAMOLED+, you might never want to go back to LCD.
34. debbie (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 23:45 0
You are so right cyborg, I don't think I can go back to any phone unless it has amoled. The colors are just awesome and rich....blacks are black and not washed out grey, all other colors look wet and full.
When I look at my friends phones and show them the difference in color they are amazed between the two.
48. TOdoubleD posted on 16 Jul 2011, 23:02 1
Just curious, but how do you know how fast this phone feels?
Just wait and see how it performs once its loaded with all the carrier crapware that the 3D has, and operating on the same network.
I'm not saying it's not a good phone, but I can't start calling it the king of the hill until it's in my hands and being used on my network. I also hope the CDMA radios and GPS has been improved upon from other Samsung phones on the Sprint network
27. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 15 Jul 2011, 22:26 0
Return your EVO 3D. Trust me, the screen is better and the processor will blow you away. SGS2's processor is the fastest, smoothest, most responsive one I have ever seen. All of the iphone fanboys bragging about how fast and smooth their phone is. It can run circles around the iphone and any phone out there. Sure you can look at the benchmarks but in real use, even with heavy flash running things like pinch to zoom and scrolling is done with ease. Super smooth with no hint of lag or delay.
30. Synack posted on 15 Jul 2011, 22:54 1
Return that piece of crap! The PHOTON is better lol.
31. tomtom (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 23:11 1
bro that will be a downgrade. Evo runs circle around the photon and if your asking how i know look at the droid x2 and other Motorola phones but anyways i decided to get the sgs2 because its the first android phone that actually WORKS!!!
47. Thump3rDX17 posted on 16 Jul 2011, 19:17 1
the Photon is clearly faster than the EVO 3D, you can't compare the Droid X2 with the Photon because it's using a fairly dated UI on top of Froyo. when the Droid X2 gets upgraded to Gingerbread with the UI found on the Droid 3 it'll be a much more note worthy device same as the Photon plus you'll have the Webtop functionality with it allowing you to connect it to the Laptop Dock and have a much better experience be it for entertainment or productivity. the EVO has..."3D"..no thank you. xD
45. me no ingles (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 18:30 0
17. Dj21o posted on 15 Jul 2011, 21:02 1
Should one buy the Within or a Mango Windows Phone? Hmmmm...
19. damienh28 posted on 15 Jul 2011, 21:16 0
this just may be an epic 2. 8 meg napper 2.3 gingerbread, sounds awfully alike but it might b the gs2 we never know, time will do its thing
21. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 15 Jul 2011, 21:22 1
No this is def the SGS2, there is no slide outkeyboard. It looks exactly like the unlocked GSM SGS2 just with a slightly different looking camera on the back.
39. Sprint Rep (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 11:50 1
The Within will not have a slide out keyboard. The Epic 2 will have one, though.
35. damienh28 posted on 16 Jul 2011, 08:02 1
dude how can you tell theres no slide out keyboard, is flat you cant see the side shut up, you never know, im pretty sure its the sgs2 but u never know u cant see the keyboard becuase its not a side pic
37. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 16 Jul 2011, 09:50 1
I can tell because how thin the damn thing is. Even the DROID 3x is half thicker than the sgs2.
28. lovelywhit11 (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 22:35 0
this esn number belongs to a d710???
29. ltr (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 22:52 0
I dont think it is the real thing, But either way, it is a nice phone. I assume that when the SGS2 comes out they are all 4G,. It just doesnt make sense to have 3G on them.
33. cyborg (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 23:24 1
SGS2 is 4G enabled, speed will depend on your network though. SGS2+LTE=epic WIN.
38. Sprint Rep (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 11:07 1
Not smart to display the serial # on the screen. Now anyone that works at Sprint can view who has the phone, and they will probably lose their job for leaking the photo. Great job! lol.
40. thisgrl posted on 16 Jul 2011, 12:45 1
its true ppl!!! i just activated a prototype for a samsung emp (i work for sprint) this is a galaxy s II but that is not what it will be called. we dont even have this phone in our systems yet. they havent fully set a name for the phone yet but so far they are calling it the ...... i cant give that away! ;)
41. thisgrl posted on 16 Jul 2011, 12:56 1
for those of u tha know what this means the phones item id is SPHD710
46. me no ingles (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 18:32 1
YES !!!!! CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY FOR ME!!!!
49. kinngj28 (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 23:28 0
ummm att isnt a capped network dumbass.. anyone who had unlimited data plans before the change got to keep what theay already had wich was millions of users sooo...
52. dude. (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 19:51 0
if it is 4g capable...... it is mine :D
53. Sprint420 (unregistered) posted on 28 Jul 2011, 12:29 0
can w8 foe this fone