Here is why the Nokia Lumia 920 has no microSD card slot
1. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:45 37
Why would a very small slit on the side of the phone ruin the physical form of the device?
22. andro. posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:26 21
Considering the huge unnecessary black bezel below the screen also you'd think they would fit a micro sd slot.
112. lkjhg755 posted on 16 Dec 2012, 21:20 0
Agreed, but the real question is why they didn't just make the screen 1/2 inch longer to fill the bezel?
58. Commentator posted on 06 Sep 2012, 11:53 5
It already has a SIM slot, what would be so hard about adding a Micro-SD slot? I admit, I'm not an engineer or anything, but it seems to me like adding another port wouldn't compromise the phone's form all that much.
At least it has 32GB of built-in storage, instead of the AT&T One X's woeful 16GB.
65. downphoenix posted on 06 Sep 2012, 13:02 4
because he's a hypocrite that is blowing smoke out their ass due to the fail of their presentation.
86. AeroPrime posted on 07 Sep 2012, 09:09 1
I like the Lumia 920 but 32gb is not enough for me really.... i have a N9 64GB... and my data reached half of the storage. Not MicroSD card come on.... did you guys try your best by putting a microSD slot. how's that could hurt the design.... I'm smelling something like lumia 920 with MicroSD card coming soon.
2. wendygarett posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:46 16
Here is why the Nokia Lumia 920 has no microSD card slot....
STEPHEN ELOP!!!! :D
4. kshell1 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:49 15
At least windows devices finally have the capability to put up a fight against ios's popularity and Android's domination. The main thing keeping Nokia afloat is there pureview 808 and now the 920
6. wendygarett posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:55 6
Actually i don't mind whether it have microSD or not. It just that wp8 has finally has this feature and nokia doesn utilise it...
that's sad :(
15. kshell1 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:07 9
32Gbs is fine with most users, also as Kevin Shields said it would compromise the polycarbonate unibody.
16. wendygarett posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:14 1
oh ok :) i understand... +1
btw, have we chat before?? your username sound familiar tho >.
20. kshell1 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:23 1
i have chatted with you, just haven't been on in months because my school took my mac to replace it with a mac air.
30. kshell1 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:32 3
Also, the new model mac air i just mentioned? it sucks
31. wendygarett posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:33 1
well then, may I take your mac please...
just joking :D
38. kshell1 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:38 1
Apparently the school system gave us the ones with 60gb hard drives and they won't connect to internet unless your right on top of the router
82. Adithya7184 posted on 07 Sep 2012, 01:01 1
this is not a chat room...lol...
106. epdm2be posted on 09 Sep 2012, 06:34 0
If only they sold the 808 PV at the price they originally quoted (450 euro before taxes). Then it would have sold a lot better.
But as usual Nokia favored WP devices by either
- crippling features (Nokia 700 with a 3,2" screen... come on did you REALLY think ANYBODY would buy this),
- crippling retail markets (the 701 isn't available in most parts o/t world and if it is you can only find the silver version) and/or
- deliberately price the device out of the market (N9 and 808 Pureview)
Who the f**k runs that company! Monkeys?
78. nokiatemp posted on 06 Sep 2012, 17:48 1
Especially since you can't connect wp to a computer with mass storage mode. So how to get data easily off it!?
Mr. Elop ruined the best phone company! I'll keep my n900 until something better comes along but nothing is on the horizon.
Gun Sword fan?
107. epdm2be posted on 09 Sep 2012, 06:40 0
"Mr. Elop ruined the best phone company! I'll keep my n900 until something better comes along but nothing is on the horizon."
There is. Just not from Nokia.
Have you looked at the proposed Samsung Ativ S (if WP8 is your thing)?
It's cheaper, looks IMHO much better (I would LOVE to see an android phone in that casing) AND has a MicroSD-slot.
I'm personally more hung on to the LG Optimus G (international verion). If it can record phone calls like the 4XHD can then it's a no brainer for me.
3. itiswhatitis posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:47 12
Its's enough for me,unless for those people who wants to store lots of HD porno vids!!
40. SleepingOz posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:41 6
Yeah right, for YOU!
Ain't anough for my FLAC Discography.
44. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:52 2
How many songs of your ''FLAC Discography'' do you listen to in a day??
53. SleepingOz posted on 06 Sep 2012, 11:23 4
More than the 920 can store! =]
46. denied911 (banned) posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:54 3
WP play flac?
every android 4.0 or higher plays that sh1t
52. SleepingOz posted on 06 Sep 2012, 11:22 2
Does it not? LMAO!
My GSII played FLAC on 2.3
59. itiswhatitis posted on 06 Sep 2012, 11:57 3
so good... you dont need to buy 920 there are other choices you know..nokia lumia 920 is not the only phone in the world i bet if you want large storage you can get GS III..if you dont like it dont get it but do stop complaining its gonna devour your life,better starting living and enjoy whats' there!!
105. AeroPrime posted on 08 Sep 2012, 10:13 0
Porn in that really? unless is in HD but dude my music library taken more than 16 gb.... my movies .... my youtube videos...... my documents...please don't mention sky drive ... i hate that idea... you need to get connected to use it.... i just want everything in that local space personally. 64gb is nice really.
108. epdm2be posted on 09 Sep 2012, 06:45 0
Yeah right, as if nobody would notice me when I'm jerking off at the bus while going to work!
I guess SleepingOz music library is a much better idea :-)
5. dcgore posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:53 5
Someone should come up with a range anxiety word from electric cars but for on board storage.
"i have only 1 GB left and no micro sd card on this bi*ch...nooooooo! [Start sweating] Where's the paper bag, where's the paper bag..."
41. bigdgt posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:42 0
OMG!!! LOL!!! I laughed so hard I almost pissed my pants after reading that! That was awsome! But seriously i totally agree with u!
7. andro. posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:55 7
Its pretty obvious with the galaxy s3 reaction that yes people want micro sd slots ahead of cloud storage,HTC even recently admitted that non expendable memory was proving to be a deterrent on its one models and is going back to a memory card slot. People like having the option of an interchangeable memory card and slot People don't trust clouds for privacy and security reason. With all the articles recently of spying,tracking and general leaks in security in apple and ios there's the distinct possibility that ifans private data in apples icloud may not be so private at all.
That saying wp users are a different breed and a very small niche category,it could be hard to tell if they would need anything more than 32gb. I personally believe not having a micro sd card slot of a tab however is a sin!
109. epdm2be posted on 09 Sep 2012, 06:51 0
"It is a sin. Even feature phones have micro sd."
Actually the Sony-Ericsson models were M2 aka Memory Stick Micro (or Memory Stick PRO Duo for the K750i) :-)
13. wendygarett posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:03 4
everythings has pros and cons...
most people nowadays store their data on pc and laptop instead of microSD. Because whether you have it or not, once it stolen, it stolen together with the device...
If you think iCloud is not safe, try something else... I put all my photo on instagram tho :)
21. itiswhatitis posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:24 5
i can't believe what i'm saying just a while ago you were crying for out loud cuz 920 doesnt have micro sd slot and now you're all fine???? MOOD SWINGS????
27. itiswhatitis posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:28 1
28. wendygarett posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:29 1
It is sad that nokia did not utilise it
But Im fine with it :)
Have you spot difference?
33. itiswhatitis posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:34 1
Yes I see the difference....Nokia did utilise it on 820 and couldnt on 920 because of what kevin sheilds just said!!
36. wendygarett posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:37 1
oops!! didnt realise that 820 has micro sd tho...
then i have to +1 to kevin...
buying the cheaper version with microSD is worth it
87. epdm2be posted on 07 Sep 2012, 09:23 0
My dear wendygarett
You seem to forget that you CANNOT connect a WP7/8 device in mass storage mode to your computer.
Which means (similar like iDevices) you're required to use the obligatory Zune software which either converts audio to WMA or just can't cope with it!
And even IF you could enable Mass Storage mode through hacks THEN the default audio player STILL can't play FLAC.
Unfortunatly these FLAC-(audio) enthousiasts have a distinctive dislike for the inferior WMA format hence their preference to FLAC. Which makes ALL new Nokia's (and iPhones/iPods as well for that matter) redundant for audiophiles.
37. -box- posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:38 3
The 820 has it. I agree it's a bit odd to not have it (especially after the negative reactions to the OneX not having one) since WP8 has the capability... or offer multiple hard drive sizes like Samsung does...
If WP8 had USB On The Go like Symbian/Nokia Belle does, that would be a worthwhile alternative as well..
8. redmd posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:57 3
Uncompromised physical form? Wow the 820 sure looks compromised as with the ATIV.
9. Nathan_ingx posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:57 6
Dude! What's the next article?
"Here's why Nokia faked the video"?
11. AndrewRamirez posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:03 8
Their reason to why they omitted the microSD slot is simply STUPID. :|
I mean really?... Just because they might "ruin" their redundant "Lumia 800 design", they removed the ability to have expandable memory?? >:#
29. wendygarett posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:31 4
oops, I also want to thumb you down too but :)
sorry for my honesty...
12. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:03 1
Most people I know have a 16 GB iphone, but i heard there will be a 64GB Lumia 920.
18. wendygarett posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:15 3
If 64gb version is cheaper than the 16gb version of iphone
then it is a worth buying!!!
64. Osman posted on 06 Sep 2012, 12:44 0
haha... i love this girl, she is good at saying oops :P where the hell did u learn that from? or r u gud at making mistakes?
110. epdm2be posted on 09 Sep 2012, 06:59 0
Of course you love her...
A lovely dark haired technogirl on a geeky forum discussing a high end smartphone.
I wonder why nobody has proposed to her ;-)
32. easymomo posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:34 1
@Mobile-X-Pert, it's ok but there are people who do not like the iphone because of the lack of Mermory card...
There are 2 kind of people, those who need the memory card and those who don't need it, if you decide no to add a memory card on a phone, you can make sure some people will complain.
It's just a matter of preference.
14. Wiki_jaan posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:03 4
1080p video and pureview camera pictures take lots of memory so 32gb isnt enough.
23. itiswhatitis posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:27 2
Do you keep all your videos on your phone? Dont have a computer at home,desktop or laptop,no???For chrisake stop complaning and start living!!!
35. easymomo posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:35 3
Some people really want to have the choice with their phone you know.
57. itiswhatitis posted on 06 Sep 2012, 11:52 1
yeah in fact they do talking about choice man... there are... damn millions of choices, Lumia 920 is the only phone you know...
72. easymomo posted on 06 Sep 2012, 14:20 2
I've made a choice, I'm going to buy the Note 2 and give my Note 1 to my wife.
When I will decide to buy a Windows phone, I will not choose this one.
They have decided not to put a memory card, I've decided that I will never buy it. That's it.
73. itiswhatitis posted on 06 Sep 2012, 14:40 2