Here are the most compact phones for their screen size (infographic)
1. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I think 1520's 5'' version would be awesome
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Not surprised to see the LG G2 has the best screen-to-phone ratio, it's a beautiful phone with thin bezels. Oh, why the Xperia ZL isn't included in here?
Btw, iPhone = The king of big momma bezels.
9. amasog (Posts: 307; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
how would you define "best screen-to-phone ratio"?
because what is best for you might not be for others.
24. Chakra (Posts: 130; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
So you're saying that 50.8% > 75.7%? It's not about the best percentage for a person.
Best = greater, more than, above all in comparison
Screen-to-phone = screen:phone = the comparison of the screen compared to the phone
ratio = percentage
Translation = Greatest percentage of the screen size to the actual phone size. Oh wait, they did say it, "Needless to say we want the largest possible display stuffed in the most compact chassis possible"
You are trying to turn a objective test into a subjective test.
11. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
What are you talking about??
ZL has better screen ratio than G2
ZL 75.84% vs G2 75.7%
14. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well, I don't know about that, according to their ratios you mentioned, they look close. But still, why the ZL isn't included on this comparison? Because they don't want Sony to be on top?
21. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1078; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Maybe he added only the major phones that did some sales, ZL didnt sell much, it was a failure in terms of sales. So most of people wouldnt care if it was or not on the list.
27. pwnarena (Posts: 1049; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
agree. the zl started all of these bezel reduction so it should be at least be mentioned in the article.
18. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 748; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Apple selling Bezels for that price????
3. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
And where is ZL?
I thought it would be in the first place...
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, the ZL has thin bezels but it still can't beat the G2.
7. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
According to Sony, the Xperia ZL had the best screen to phone size ratio of 75.84%. The LG G2 has STP size ratio of 75.7% so the SXZL wins. But that's according to Sony and these people should have tested the SXZL too, to give credibility to Sony's claims.
4. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
How come the Sony Xperia ZL isn't here?
26. Chakra (Posts: 130; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
"For some reason the infographic skips on the Xperia ZL".
If you have a burning need to know more in detail, you may want to contact who published the article. Let us know what they told you.
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Talk about controlled journalism, the Huawei Ascend Mate, the Vivo XPlay 3S and a bunch of other high screen : size ratio devices are simply left out.
8. vddeguzman (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
yeah, Xperia ZL should be #1. I bought this phone because of the small bezel which is an aesthetic requirement for me.
10. Luuthian (Posts: 234; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
My one gripe with Apple phones has always been what feels like a huge amount of wasted space. Hopefully they fix that with their next phone.
13. Rocksteady (unregistered)
Yeah, maybe the ipohne 18ss-gt-s
12. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
So there is no phones from lg, samsung or motorola that good enough to beat Xperia ZL screen ratio.
22. AntiFanBoyz (Posts: 150; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
Technically true, but in real life nobody is going to notice a possible 0.14% advantage over the G2. LG, Samsung, Mototola, Nexus, they're all doing fine, and are right up there with the ZL. So I'm not sure you need to call them out as not "good enough".
25. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
If G2 has 0.01% advantage over ZL even when nobody will notice it, thats mean G2 is "good enough" to "beat" ZL
15. galanoth (Posts: 401; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Just did some quick math and the ZL is 75.62% screen to phone face.
16. Smokin (Posts: 120; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Sony Xperia ZL is 75.84%. They always handicapped sony phones.
17. umerkhan (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Okay okay they forget to include ZL in that list,and what i feel is the upcoming Sony Sirius is Xperia ZL successor not Z2..Bcoz Z1 is in market not more then 4 months and sony would go for Snapdragon 805 for its next flagship(Z2) which is due in Q2 of the current year..So we can expect Xperia ZL and Xperia SP successor in near future..
23. highwaysnobbery (Posts: 22; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
I'd like to see a more historic version of this. Perhaps all the way back to the OG Droid. They already go back to the iPhone 3GS. I'd just like to see the evolution of this over the last six or seven years.
28. Genersis (Posts: 217; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I wonder how this chart would look only counting side bezels.
As that effects one handed-use, it's the only kind that bothers me.