HTC One (M8) vs HTC One (M7): Smart vs Optical Image Stabilization comparison
1. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 816; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Well at least everything looks more detailed, but OIS will be missed on video..
2. Derekjeter (Posts: 226; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I gave my M8 back yesterday, I took video of my daughter playing and i noticed all the shaking. I didn't know OIS was missing till yesterday. That sucks. I just couldn't handle it. Its weird i love my first ONE but the M8 doesn't seem like a step forward to me other than the look cuz let me tell you this thing is sexy but i was expecting a little more. I guess i will have to try the S5. Come on LG wheres the G3.
12. express77 (unregistered)
it has larger sensor and htc acts like earthquake will destroy its buildings and factories if it give large sensor.
17. vipervoid123 (Posts: 114; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
S5 DONT HAVE OIS ~
Do some research before said this ~
18. tech2 (Posts: 2035; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Every hear of sarcasm, genius ?
FYI, that 'genius' remark was a sarcasm.
19. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5736; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
You may have to wait for the G3, 'cause the S5 no gots OIS. Or, try a Lumia ;-)
21. karkavelas (Posts: 58; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
I think you just create negative stories about the phone because you are Korean lover (samsung, LG )..
I bet you don't have the phone and you don't have a daughter also.
3. newbey123 (Posts: 407; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
The wife and I have had ours almost a week and we don't notice any difference when using video. So for us the smart stabilization is just as good.
4. HighTechToid (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Sort of a catch-22 I suppose judging by that video. You lose OIS, but the video is very clearly sharper and more detailed on the M8. To me, the shakiness - from your video - is not terrible though. OIS will be missed, though.
5. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3197; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
As i said two three weeks before htc cameras are always crap and gimmicky. Its funny they neglect the image quality from reviews and still boast how not so great cameras they have. I remember last year them making an infographic bashing pureview and other camera technologies. Lol.
15. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1139; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
they say more megapixels is just a gimmick when htc one was announced.
-but i remembered they sold a phone with 16megapixels after nokia n8 was announced.
6. true1984 (Posts: 588; Member since: 23 May 2012)
i'm honestly shocked by the amount of improvement in details, it doesnt even look like the same camera. even though it is...
16. tbonezx11 (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Apr 2014)
It's not the same camera. They said it's the same "4MP Ultrapixel" but it's a different sensor than was in the M7, so it IS a different camera...just same resolution.
7. nbringer (Posts: 135; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
I don't believe this kind of video... they are lying just as NOKIA did a while ago.
13. buccob (Posts: 1409; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Who is lying? the phonearena's author that took them for a test to show you that the new M8 is not better at video than the previous?
I guess you just saw the title and jumped into the comments section without reading or seing the article...
This is not an Ad from HTC... its the complete opposite.
8. Achilis (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Video looks more crispy n detailed with M8, but definitely very shaky. with OIS it would have been a good video camera.
11. satoofy (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)
I think it's April Fool's own site phonearena
14. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1139; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
M8 is brighter, cleaner, better..... and shakier.
20. datphoneguy (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Such a shame, especially considering the notable improvement in video picture quality....ugh.
22. erikiksaz (Posts: 107; Member since: 22 Apr 2010)
Meh, I'll take the clearer video anyday (M8).
People bitch and moan about having clear pictures. Last time I checked I don't film most of my videos while walking around or in a car. I'm usually sitting or on foot, panning the camera at the object.
23. kira_s (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
htc I can't believe you put such a rubbish camera on the m7 and said it performs just as good as the other flagship phones