HTC Eternity leaked out with the biggest display on a smartphone, 1.5GHz powering Windows Phone Mango
1. mobiless (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2011, 10:00 0 0
I love HTC mobile. I recently bought desire hd. Great phone
2. box (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2011, 10:26 3 0
I'm sorry, but didn't/doesn't Dell have a 5" phone? Might be considered a "mini-tablet", but it's designed to make phone calls as a primary function....
3. tuminatr posted on 30 Jun 2011, 10:47 1 1
you are correct but it is considered a micro tablet, and its huge for a phone
11. jroc74 posted on 30 Jun 2011, 13:32 2 0
Thats the thing....right before it came out and probably right after it came out some places called it a phone, some places place called it a tablet.....
Just make it simple and call it a Phablet.
29. ducat1ss (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2011, 21:42 0 0
They call it both a 'mini tablet' and a 'tablet phone':
4. ArmageddonX posted on 30 Jun 2011, 10:53 1 1
With a 1,650mAh battery this thing will be dead in a matter of a few hours.
I would think this was awesome if it ran Android.
6. ilia1986 posted on 30 Jun 2011, 11:22 3 1
Indeed.. plus WVGA on 4.3 looks very bad now... on a 4.7 it will look even more horrible.
I seriously don't understand why manufacturers just go for low res displays on their phones. If Apple could make a 640x960 326 ppi res screen in mid 2010 - why can't everyone else?!
9. Stan (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2011, 13:04 5 0
LG makes Apples displays.
12. ilia1986 posted on 30 Jun 2011, 14:21 1 2
So, do tell me then, why all the high end Optimus\revolution LG phones don't have retina displays?
15. Mario (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2011, 15:07 4 0
the retina display is an apple exclusive, the agreement between apple and LG stated that LG can not use the 960x640 resolution. and i dont think LG would.
22. ilia1986 posted on 30 Jun 2011, 16:16 2 2
Oh OK. So let's use 961x641 resolution then.. or you're going to tell me that Apple patented any display that is above 300 ppi?
And besides - thats just LG - what about Samsung? HTC? Motorola? Sony Ericsson?
23. ArmageddonX posted on 30 Jun 2011, 18:36 3 0
I completely agree with you. I don't know why all the Displays aren't "Retina" Resolution if we have the technological capability to do so.
I recently purchased a qHD phone with a 4.3" screen and it's beautiful. I can't imagine going back to a WVGA display again.
But 4.7" with WVGA? That's no good.
25. Galen20K posted on 30 Jun 2011, 19:21 0 0
couldn't agree more, I'm very happy with the non-Pentile qHD screen on my Sensation.
33. Chakra posted on 29 Jul 2011, 06:30 0 0
Believe it or not, not EVERYONE thinks Retina display should be on everything. Most people I know wouldn't even rate it in the top 3 of their phone must have. So if manufacturers can get away with utilizing cheaper displays for greater profit, it's a no brainer.
31. zealcrest posted on 01 Jul 2011, 09:39 1 0
Your english forbids it.
5. remixfa posted on 30 Jun 2011, 11:22 0 3
why is it an OC single core? That has worse battery drain and less power than a dual core at 1 or 1.2ghz. Im assuming they are simply playing a numbers game with the phone to try to impress people. Something tells me the 1650ah battery isnt going to last too long. woops.
10. Su-Rio posted on 30 Jun 2011, 13:09 4 0
windows phone 7 runs best at single core... it was optimized so far only for single cores at 1ghz at minimum
7. ATARI 010 (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2011, 12:46 1 1
WHAT CARRIER WILL HAVE THIS FONE.
8. skymitch89 posted on 30 Jun 2011, 13:02 3 1
They would be stupid to release this with a 480x800 resolution. After being on my Evo Shift with a 3.6in screen and 480x800 resolution, the screens on larger devices with the same resolution look like crap. It'll probably have the same effect as the Nintendo DSi XL (same resolution as the DSi but larger screen so the pixels are larger and looked like crap.)
13. snowgator posted on 30 Jun 2011, 14:48 0 0
So, working off memory here, the Samaung Focus has a 4" screen, the HD7 for AT&T has a 4.3" screen, the Dell Venue Pro has a 4.1" (I think), and every other W7 phone on any other carrier has 3.8" or smaller, and now we jump to a freaking 4.7"?? How about some more choices between 4" and 4.3", which is the industry standard now?
14. Mario (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2011, 15:01 1 1
Actually phone arena you are wrong, this isn't the biggest screen on a smartphone. the Dell Streak has a 5in screen
18. Hallucinator posted on 30 Jun 2011, 16:03 3 1
Dear Mario, You are wrong. The streak is categorized as a Tablet, therefore this is the biggest. Thank you.
20. grams17 posted on 30 Jun 2011, 16:07 2 0
Actually you're wrong the dell streak 5 is a phone/tablet. Emphasis on the phone.
24. ArmageddonX posted on 30 Jun 2011, 18:38 2 0
Actually, you're both wrong. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" Unlocked can make and receive phone calls. =P
Therefore, it's the 'smartest' phone... LOL... joking... joking... =)
16. BigEaze22 posted on 30 Jun 2011, 15:43 4 0
Dear htc, why do you release phones faster than i take a crap?
26. TOdoubleD posted on 30 Jun 2011, 21:22 1 0
You must be seriously backed up, they release a new phone like what 2 or 3 times a month sometimes, lol. There's a difference between releasing and announcing.
21. grams17 posted on 30 Jun 2011, 16:09 1 2
Can the OS be downgraded to WM 6.5.3. Because even with the mango update WP7 is still crap.
30. mrcoolcm (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2011, 22:26 0 0
Will the 16gb memory be expandale via micro sd. If so, this is my new phone :D
34. val (unregistered) posted on 29 Jul 2011, 08:28 0 0
At the end of the day its the consumer that decides what's hot and what's not. I was going to upgrade to wp7 but I just wasn't impressed with the hardware especially if the phone to be replaced is an HTC desire(with the amoled display) I emailed HTC asking them to improve their wp7 offering such better screen quality,dual core etc I had also e-mail Nokia I just asked them to make a wp7 version of the excellent Nokia E90 they thanked me and said we will consider and forward it to management! I had also emailed MS telling them its the hardware that's stopping me from really wanting wp7 and that I was already sold on the OS! So I'm waiting and I really want to see a minimum of qhd and dual core on all wp7 handsets. Let's be honest its the hardware spec that's letting MS down! Wp7 is a great OS!
35. Sam (unregistered) posted on 26 Aug 2011, 12:53 0 0
Samsung Nexus Prime will have 4.5-4.7" display (depending on source):
it is Supere AMOLED HD with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. Also dual core 1.5Ghz processor and Schneider-Kreuznach low light lenses. Coming before thanksgiving this would be the worlds best phone IMHO.
36. darth8ball posted on 26 Aug 2011, 13:06 0 0
Ehhhh, not blowing me away HTC, which I loved enough to buy into, three years ago. But not carrying one in my pocket.