Google testing new mobile YouTube card UI
2. arenanew (Posts: 243; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
how poor google rely on you tube ha ha begaar advetising agency
3. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
ummm, what do you mean - youtube does very well - it has a ton of info and is of the most widely used apps in the world....
6. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
YouTube is amazing, dude... What are you talking about?
5. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
LOL... One day soon Google will support WP... Its just so funny thinking how right now they don't... We'll see..
8. elitewolverine (Posts: 3478; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
especially considering without windows to rack in those ads, they would be nothing
12. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Most of Google's services work on Windows... Most of Google's services were literally developed either on Windows, or Linux.. Weird that Google is hesitant towards WP... I suspect that Google will have no choice but to develop for W8 because with W8 running on over 95% of new PC's it's immanent that W8 will have huge market share...
14. hurrycanger (Posts: 1504; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Most people use Windows, so yeah, Google gotta reach them to make money. ;)
Google doesn't like Microsoft now, right? It wouldn't hurt Google much for not developing stuff for WP8 either cuz the audience is still very small relatively. Once WP8 gets popular (let's say 20-30% marketshare?), I dare Google to not support WP.
This is just adding to your point.
10. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Yeah, It's a bummer when YouTube didn't work out in WP the first time.
11. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Nevertheless,, I use Metrotube on WP8, and W8, and it works amazingly.. It may even be better than the official YouTube app.... Informed WP users aren't missing out on YouTube at all..
13. hurrycanger (Posts: 1504; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
It's not that good. I have trouble playing videos in Metrotube a lot of times. It varies from channels to channels. A lot of times it happens to some official music channels I follow. I tap the video, it shows loading, then it gets back out.
It's been happening since last summer when I first got my Lumia 521. :\
Another flaw is that when you go to a channel then swipe to Playlists, it doesn't show all playlists. I guess it's supposed to load more when you scroll down, but it doesn't.
For the 2 months I used that phone as my daily driver, that bugged me so much -_-
18. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I've used it on my Samsung Focus, 920, and now my 1520, and the only time I've seen any issues with it is when Google switches up the API, which is always quickly updated... Other than that it works great for me... I'm in the US Though. I wonder if that has anything to do with it...
26. hurrycanger (Posts: 1504; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I believe not, because I'm in the US, too. :\
Since you said it'd almost always issue free on your devices, I guess either it has something to do with hardware incompatibility on the Lumia 521 or it's because those channels I talked about are Japanese channels (but then really... an app shouldn't be racist... xD)
16. Liveitup (Posts: 1793; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Mytube is also awesome, really love Metrotube but I think I may love Mytube a bit more.
19. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I hear a lot of people say that as well... Either way, there are some great, fully functional, YouTube apps for WP utilizing the perfect modern WP design language.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9848; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Looks like whoever took the screenshots loves browsing in Incognito Mode.
21. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3428; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I don't see where you're getting that, Smurf. Are you referring to the icon in the top left of some of the screenshots? If so, that's the "screenshot taken" icon.
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9848; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Look at the color in which Chrome is running on. Blue = Incognito Mode.
24. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3428; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I think that might be our problem. I don't think that's Chrome. I'm pretty sure it's Samsung's default browser. The blue is always there. I don't roll incognito & I use Samsung's default browser. That blue bar is always there for me.
27. AntiFanBoyz (Posts: 137; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
g2, Smurf is right. That's Chrome in incognito mode. Samsung browser has the bookmark icon on the right and the tab switcher icon is wider.
9. Carlitos (Posts: 410; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Hmmm no those are rectangles with a flat design. So we all know where that came from_- if google had been working on this new design for 3+ years I would understand, but, that's not the case. So as a result of this other Android oems are following suit with the card like UI. #sarcasmeverywhere.
17. bogdancirstea (Posts: 13; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
i only want one thing from the YouTube Android App: that music plays in the background
20. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Wow. Music doesn't play in the background? Why?
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9848; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It does if you run it on the mobile site, but not the official YouTube app. Google is prepping that feature for a future build for both Android and iOS.
25. Augustine (Posts: 960; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Still waiting for live-video support for YouTube on Android...