Google purchase of Motorola Mobility about to get the green light from the Justice Department
Again, according to those in the know, the Justice Department is also expected to approve another deal as it will allow a group of tech giants like Apple, RIM and Microsoft to join together in purchasing patents from bankrupt Canadian firm Nortel Networks Corp. for $4.5 billion. The worry here is that this group could get together to use these acquired patents to attack Google's Android OS. The Justice Department did not comment.
Some patented technology has become industry standards and some companies owning these patents are licensing them to the competition under fair, reasonable and nondiscriminatory terms, also known as FRAND. Recently Motorola argued in a German court that Apple infringed on its FRAND patent and won an injunction temporarily forcing Apple to stop the sale of certain of its products on its German online store.
1. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
good news for google. bad news for apple's legal department.
2. jove39 (Posts: 1523; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Now...how about Nexus RAZR with monstrous specs :)
3. ljruble (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
This is good news both for Android and my cash balance from the stock buyout :)
4. TKFox007 (Posts: 303; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
Does this mean that the next Nexus device will be a Motorola device?
5. windowsRocks (Posts: 152; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Google has damn clear vision. Go Goooooooooooogle..........
6. cncrim (Posts: 654; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Apple legal will not like, Anyway Go Google and hope google doesn't go sour in the future with these pofolio patents.
7. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
So this year apple will really launch a thermonuclear war against Android but they will not win and I hope Motorola will ban all apple products
8. putanginanyo (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
At least they're not linking to Florian Mueller, He's crying just as much as Apple now about things not being fair. And we all know who started it.
9. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
motorola+Google=apple killer :D and im sorry samsung but if the merger happens i will probably buy moto products from now if they turn stock
10. BattleBrat (Posts: 1291; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I hope this doesn't affect the apps (like the Motorola music app that streams music from your home computer) or Motoblur that will be available on newer phones, I've become quite accustomed to them on my RAZR
11. Confucio (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Google is gonna end buying everything... Even a car brand xD