Google announces 1.5M Android activations per day, and 50B app downloads
1. imeubeu (Posts: 59; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
just got soaked on the moto in south florida rain...might have to add me to that count
2. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
The difference between Apple and Google reaching 50 billion: apple gave there user's free stuff, while google didn't make a big deal out of it like apple did.
4. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Google is a lot more humble company. They don't claim their products are magical or revolutionary.
11. quakan (Posts: 1366; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I wouldn't say they're more humble, I'd say it's just a difference in marketing strategies.
5. roscuthiii (Posts: 2215; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
On the converse side... Apple had already taken so much more from their users then what was given back, whereas Google already provides many free services on a daily basis.
6. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2158; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
No such thing as "free services," especially since you aren't Google's customer. YOU are monetized. Enjoy all your ads.
8. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I do not enjoy ads, as I cannot see them.
10. tedkord (Posts: 10915; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Apple would never do that. Now, how are they paying for that free music streaming service?
12. quakan (Posts: 1366; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Advertisements aren't anything new to iOS (i.e. iAds).
16. iWinDroid (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
apple are getting paid by those who are giving the rights to have their products be available in apple's services.
15. roscuthiii (Posts: 2215; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
You'd have to be a fool to think that Apple isn't monetizing their data on you.
Have you not seen the statistics that there are more and more free apps on the App store?
Or the articles that show that Apple is equally as hungry for your private data as Google?
13. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
difference is that Apple is stealing, robbing and making idiots from their customers.... eg eBook price fixing robbery
3. iWinDroid (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
but be ready to spend more w/ apple's pricey apps before getting their free stuff:)
7. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
Microsoft will announce
100 windows phone apps activations per week :D