Galaxy Nexus gets a rumored European release start
SamFirmware, a news site that specializes in Samsung leaks and a source which has had reliable information in the past, has said that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will start rolling out across Europe on November 17th. So far, we know that O2 will be a partner for this launch in the UK, but we haven't gotten word what other carriers will be getting the device, or what countries.
Still, you can mark it on your calendars, November 17th: the day Ice Cream Sandwich hits Europe. Meanwhile, those of us in the US will just keep arguing over whether or not Verizon will have an exclusive on the phone.
1. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
Do phones sometimes come out in the US before they hit the UK...??? Nov 10 < Nov 17... pre-order date?
2. tigermcm (Posts: 607; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
this may be a dumb question but why do all the phones come out in Europe first?
3. Netolic (Posts: 139; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
because if its fails in EU it will fail everywhere else.
4. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 264; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
why should GOOGLE who is AMERICAN BASED sell their phones to EUROPE first?
7. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 264; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
android is american made by google, i think android phones ESPECIALLY one unveiled from google (and samsung) should be released in the us first.
8. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2614; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Google may be American, but Samsung is Korean, so they're splitting the difference with the EU first
6. JGuinan007 (Posts: 607; Member since: 19 May 2011)
It's the regulations and carriers that slow everything down a carrier has to buy the phone send to FCC to pass tests then the carrier changes the OS and adds its bloatware then we get to buy them 6-8 months after they hit europe one plus is sometime the phones are updated bugs fixed ect but this is rare
Oh yeah here is the release dates for all europe and carriers for the nexus and Galaxy note
11. JGuinan007 (Posts: 607; Member since: 19 May 2011)
The US will get the Note by feb with some adjustments on ATT
12. Alantef (Posts: 278; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
i just put in my pre order on ebay....only $599 for 32gb.......now im waiting...cant wait!!!!!