Firm that sued Apple, Google And RIM purchased more than 2,000 patents from Ericsson
In return, Ericsson will have access to all of Unwired Planet's patent portfolio and also was given the rights to receive a certain percentage of revenues generated from Unwired Planet's patents. Some of the patents purchased from the Swedish based firm cover aspects of wireless technology such as GSM, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA and LTE. Ericsson is basically giving up the patents hoping that Unwired Planet can make more money for it using them in court, than if Ericsson merely licensed them.
source: UnwiredPlanet via BGR
1. Johnnokia (Posts: 384; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Ericsson, Nokia and Motorola are floating on patents' sea .. They are the real inventors of Phone's world.
Thank you greats ..
13. Atlas (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
That is the most sense I've heard in a while.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
I wish I can afford one of these patents, and see how is being patent troll looks like :p
11. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
It's kinda like your job here as a troll, except you get paid.
12. Johnnokia (Posts: 384; Member since: 27 May 2012)
No please, Wendy is so funny and I like him
5. MC1123 (Posts: 1220; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
this is just ANNOYING!!!! really hate those patent troll! innovation stopper! but then again they have the right! but again, how will innovation grow? but this "unwired planet" wasnt the one who made those patent...they just buy it!
who started this patient trolling anyway!!
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
In America, you can actually sue McDonald for gai
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
You can actually sue McDonald for making their loyal customers gaining fat tho... You just need to find a good lawyer to deal with it lol
8. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1340; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
What can't you do with money ?
10. pongkie (Posts: 492; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
Somebody in congress please make an anti patent troll bill so industries start innovating again