Entry level Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with LCD screen is on the way?
The word around the water cooler is that Johnson in accounting put the goldfish in the drinking water it was Samsung's desire all along to offer a lower cost unit of the Galaxy Note 3 with an LCD display. The Korean based manufacturer wanted to delay its launch so as not to cannibalize sales of the higher priced Super AMOLED packin' version. As a result, the entry-level Galaxy Note 3 will be released in November.
Besides the different display, the entry-level model will also feature an 8MP snapper on back compared to the 13MP camera on the rear of the full-priced premium unit. There is no speculation yet as to how much this lower priced Galaxy Note 3 will cost.
source: ETNews (translated) via GforGames
1. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
More options, something good about Samsung. With Samsung its all about your choice and believe me its a good thing. Only idiots and ppl that knows nothing about business wil be irritated by this and you ask yourself why are they irritated, oh wait, fanboys? Maybe?
4. clevername (Posts: 1431; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Why so pessimistic? Just cheer for Sammy and the value they bring. You look like you're defensive and there hasn't even been an attack.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8923; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol right? Just let him argue with himself. Eventually he'll fall himself to sleep.
6. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Ok, whatever you say. How am I bn pessimistic? I said it is a good thing. I'm happy that they might intro this low cost SGN3. LOL. So ur such a Clever Guy hay
20. jdoee100 (Posts: 313; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Clevername is just pissed that you commented before he can show his irritation on Samsung. Try harder next time, clevername.
7. the_s2 (Posts: 211; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I think they are following apple's strategy, i.e release cheaper version of the same product so as to sell the premium products at an even higher price point. Microsoft, was right with their ad,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
13. Jason2k13 (Posts: 657; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
copying apple? dont know if your trolling or not, but the mini versions are supposed to be the cheaper version of the same products, s3 and s4 mini.
16. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Oh please, we are still using "Samsung is copying Apple" thing even today? Like really, thats so outdated already. Now Samsung cant do anything without ppl going on about how they are copying Apple.
9. Birds (Posts: 1029; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Well I'm a big fat idiot because as irritated as hell... Well not this device. If they can get the sepcs and price right it could be a hit...
2. twens (Posts: 700; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
There is nothing wrong with choices. Last I checked samsung always update their phones. High end or low, they always update it.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8923; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'll keep my Full HD Super AMOLED screen.
8. papss (unregistered)
Is any variant going to have ois?
10. androiphone20 (Posts: 1521; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
premium dual sim lcd smartphone! Sameaung is innovative
19. joey_sfb (Posts: 3260; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Dual sim is very popular in the mainland Chinese market. Apple will soon have one if they want a bigger market share of China smartphone market.
14. moronman66 (Posts: 159; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Galaxy Note 3 Active anyone? They did almost the exact same thing with the S4, the camera was lowered to 8 MP, and the screen changed to LCD
15. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
hey what has happened to samoled + ?
17. senan77 (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Sep 2013)
May be there will be a galaxy note 3S and a galaxy note 3c :)
I like the phone though
18. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
its like a man without d tge only good thing about note series is the amoled screen
21. nxl2610 (Posts: 49; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
i'm using one ,it's called Samsung Galaxy S2 =))
22. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
as long as the pink one comes in the premium version, im good :)
23. JMartin22 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I don't mind LCD screens, but usually when Samsung puts them in Galaxy devices, as alternative or secondary means to their AMOLED variants, they don't go through the process of calibrating these screens the best or giving them the most brightness in the world. (The LCD on the S4 Active is roughly the same brightness output as that on the S4 regular's AMOLED)
24. rallyguy (Posts: 577; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Maybe this is the one Sprint is going to get since they haven't released any details on it yet and will be released later.