CyanogenMod app store in the works, to accommodate banned Android apps
1. Owlet (Posts: 447; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Excellent idea! I know I'll be shopping their.
2. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Yeah, nothing like a black market of Android apps. These apps are banned for a reason, but hey, go on ahead and turn your expensive phone into a paperweight.
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3088; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Funny because the same thing happens the your iPhone when you hold it.
4. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
That's why Cydia has both banned and unbanned apps from the App Store, hell they're basically all free. That's every app on iOS for free right? Might as well turn that expensive paperweight into expensive oxygen.
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you have never heard of Cydia, have you Mizzy? This is a hacker's store, not a Chinese knock off store filled with viruses. Those already exist.. for both iOS and android.
17. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
I've heard of Cydia, but unlike Android where you have to root to get to customize your phone, I don't need to do that for iPhone to enjoy it.
20. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
No... I think you have it the other way around.
Unlike iOS where you have to jailbreak to get to customize your phone, I don't need to do that on Android to enjoy it.
Funny thing is how majority of iOS users with Cydia get it just to get free apps, which is basically sticking it to Apple while majority of Android users who root do it in order to unlock features made by carriers which is sticking it to carriers.
22. protozeloz (Posts: 5392; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Is The mitz fake one anyways. Its not like he knows what's he talking about. He just trolls
5. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
This has nothing to do with Apple. But I guess you two have to find someway to justify your phones not being on par with the iPhone.
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5392; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Don't you get tired of being wrong? And looking dumb in front of the internet?
13. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
apparently not, gotta give him props for trying to keep up his troll image yo
21. protozeloz (Posts: 5392; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Lol do your homework kid ;) come back wen your comments are less boring
6. Son_Do (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Maybe they should change the name to "Black Market"
8. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
i like the idea of an app store to continue the support for such a great after market solution just as long as banned apps that are harmful are not going to find this as a safe haven for nonsense.
9. rob5150 (Posts: 147; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
at&t deems they don't want a certain app available on the market for your phone. It does not show up in your market. That same exact app may be available on Verizon's or t-mobiles app store. Now with a cyanogen store you could download that app from a reliable source. Otherwise you need to find the .apk on some download site somewhere and hope it doesn't have malware inside it.
15. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
We can only hope. Cydia is the ONLY reason I miss iOS
19. sid8911 (Posts: 54; Member since: 29 May 2010)
if cm 9 is packing up to be this good i cant wait for cm10