Claimed HTC One M9 front panel leaks, alludes to a fine screen-to-body ratio
8. Gregor (Posts: 34; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
5"=HTC Hima; 5,5"=HTC Hima Ultra would be an ideal solution. But so thick bezels pictured above are unnacceptable!
19. Micah007 (Posts: 254; Member since: 09 Oct 2014)
I can agree to that. But those bezels are unacceptable.
32. bigboss11 (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
You may be able to enjoy your 5.5 inch HTC screen, in the body size of a Nexus 6...
42. Micah007 (Posts: 254; Member since: 09 Oct 2014)
I'll give it a look. It's been on my radar for awhile.
44. Z3R091 (Posts: 87; Member since: 13 Apr 2014)
I don't want this screen if there is no front facing speaker!
2. Industriality (Posts: 131; Member since: 08 Sep 2014)
Those are not the bezels we are looking for...
3. android_hitman (unregistered)
check apple's bezels
33. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
Then drop the phone and watch it break
12. maherk (Posts: 3726; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
People should stop complaining about bezels. If they bother that much, go buy yourself a sharp. The m8's bezels are just fine, sure i would loved if they kept the capacitive buttons on that black bar and gave the owner the choice to use them or choose onscreen buttons, still i don't see yet as a big of a deal as people wanna make out of it.
20. cncrim (Posts: 823; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Oh yes it big deal to many, that's why many of us won't but Htc because of it. We will buy their phone if she can just push envelop instead lazy, oh well I guess HTC don't like money, Btw, Htc keep said need that bezel to put all the radio band then she need to take note from nexus 6, front speaker and still keep that bezel small.
21. maherk (Posts: 3726; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
People didn't buy the m8 for 2 reasons, the camera and then comes their poor marketing. Bezels has nothing to do with sales, or else you wouldn't see Apple selling iPhones in millions and LG struggling with the G3's sales.
22. limporgyuk (Posts: 276; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Agreed, I have a G3 and it sucks. The camera, on the G3 as well as the QHD screen and the bezels are overrated. I prefered my HTC One M7 in all departments. My girlfriend has an M8 mini and I prefer to use that than the G3 (it even has better signal reception) Bring on the M9
30. cncrim (Posts: 823; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I bet you not follow the news closely, LG is the one with most gain sell android, everyone else is stay the same or lose market share.
31. cncrim (Posts: 823; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Let's me add, so many kept said Htc need to spend more money on marketing, I said it is just a small problem. Take Samsung for an example, she advertise all over and then what happen? Their market share dip like crazy.
In the end, LG is the only true innovation in the mobile industry last 2years.
34. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
wow you could be one of the stupidest people on this website, samsung's shares dropped because the market is flooded with Android phones and the chinese who were producing phones for half the price with all the same stuff the reason they took the market in America from apple was because of the advertising, the ads that they pay for now with the big Hollywood names are horrible they should spend the money on actual ads and not on those superstars that take the money
40. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Yep, LG is certainly the "true innovation in the mobile industry", let's compare what LG has done with the competition, small bezels, laser autofocus and OIS nothing else stands out on LG phones. HTC at least has class leading speakers, the most powerful in-line amp for headphone output, wide angle front facing cameras (a mid 2012 HTC has a better front facing camera than many 2013/2014 flagships), aluminium unibodies, the most streamlined Android UI, dedicated camera ISP(since 2012) and smart flash with different intensities(since 2012 too).
24. tedkord (Posts: 11629; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Apple is a different beast. It really doesn't matter what they produce, people are going to buy it. The iPhone 6 series is a perfect example - when it was leaked six months prior to release, all you heard from Apple users was that the pictures were fake, Apple would never release such an ugly phone. Fast forward to now, and it's selling in record numbers and all they talk about is how beautiful the design is.
Bezels do play a part. I was considering the M8 before it came out, and the Bezels were a part of the reason I didn't choose it. They weren't the only reason, but they figured in to it. Had they been a reasonable size, it might have tipped the scales.
25. tedkord (Posts: 11629; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And I should add, even with the big bottom bezel, if they'd put the buttons there instead of onscreen, I might have gone for it.
As for the LG G3, it's sales aren't atrocious. But it has other faults that outweigh the smaller bezel, like a washed out display.
4. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (limited) (Posts: 1133; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
Don't give a damn on bezel as long as it has better battery life
10. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Don't give a damn about the bezel, as long as that boom sound speakers are even better!
16. tiara6918 (Posts: 2036; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I don't know why these people complain about the bezel when i'm perfectly fine with them. For me it adds an appeal to the design and i like my phone looking taller
6. Gregor (Posts: 34; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
Bezels of this 5,2"-front-panel are worse than the tick bezels of the M8 and the big black bar remains too. Hopefully a fake!
9. romeo1 (Posts: 718; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
There should be some extra metal on the top and bottom for the boomsound right?
I don't understand why nobody wants bezels cause if ybou watch videos on you phone its easy to hold on to. I agree that little phones need smaller bezels but big phones around 5.5 inch need them and tablets also ofcourse
11. NightSurfer (Posts: 101; Member since: 06 Sep 2014)
That HTC logo must have purpose aside from sitting the bottom part occopying precious space, that area can be used as fingerprint scanner or other sensors, illuminating notification light or capacitative buttons.
17. maherk (Posts: 3726; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Just because you don't see what's underneath it, it doesn't mean that it has no function. It's like saying the back of the phone has bo function.
I am pretty sure HTC just wanted to add a black bar to their gorgeously designed phone just for the sake of it.
18. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
That is where the second amp are house. Unlock other phone HTC has two amps. One for the ear piece and one for the speakers and head phone Jack.
23. iLovesarcasm (Posts: 528; Member since: 20 Oct 2014)
Just improve the camera or else I'll buy Note 4 or S6.
26. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Don't go away from ultrapixel just increase the mp in the up. Or else put a damn Sony sensors which they have in their flagships and prove them how to optimize the camera software.
28. xtroid2k (Posts: 517; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Bezel Bezel Bezel. I guess its a matter of personal preference. I'm more of a function over fashion guy so Bezels really don't matter to me. Personally I feel safer with bigger bezels because of the higher impact resistance. But some like sleek and sexy and I respect that too.
37. medtxa (Posts: 1133; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
buy samsung then, it has more of feature function, removeable battery, waterproof and another paractical function.
29. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
People always forget that HTC doesnt develop anything hardware wise. You compare the bezels to other companies like Samsung or LG or even Sony.... well they all make their own screens. HTC buys screens from them and others, so they are not gonna get the "absolute best" screen tech available.
35. skymitch89 (Posts: 1299; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
To me it looks like the M9 would have a lower "screen-to-body" ratio because the top bezel is a little thicker than that on the M8 (in the side by side pic).
38. medtxa (Posts: 1133; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
only htc have spare for black bar on the panel.
39. medtxa (Posts: 1133; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
bigger bezel doesn't mean it can hold more of impact and scatter screen ex see iphone 6
41. chengsae (Posts: 64; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
wow its still going to have that stupid fat branding chin.
43. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
People still making excuses for suck T C? If every other oem doesn't need a big fat bezel to house sonething, neither does HTC. It's simply a sign of incompetence if they need that bezel when none of their peers do.
45. skiline11 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Dec 2014)
I think, HTC should get rid of thick metal bezels, which are above and under screen. In my opinion, better way, would be cover whole front panel, one piece of glass as sony is making, but with smaller bezels. But if they don't want to look like others, they can produce although something like that : postimg.org/image/n9mmf1ahh/ .