BBM to officially land on Windows Phone in July
It was back in March when BlackBerry said that we could expect to see the iconic instant messaging service sometime between May and July, and now Mr. Chen has confirmed that BBM will make that goal.
We knew long ago that Windows Phone would eventually get BBM, but it has been the better part of a year that we have been waiting to see the service expand beyond iOS and Android. At this point, we do not know how rich the feature set will be with BBM for Windows Phone, but hopefully it will at least have the same functionality that is available on BBM for iOS and Android.
No firm date was noted with Mr. Chen’s announcement, but at least we know BBM will finally be landing on Windows Phone in a few short weeks.
1. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
2 birds doesn't make an eagle..
dead zombie + dead zombie... doesn't make... a dracula.
7. Penny (Posts: 1446; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
The sheer nonsense in this comment...astounding. Truly, you've raised the bar.
12. meanestgenius (Posts: 5336; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Wahoowiener, your ignorance and lack of intelligence knows no bounds.
2. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
There is two side of coins, depending on how you look at bb financial report, it could be great, and also could be bad.
1. bb still loosing the number of phone sold. last quarter is 3 million something, this quarter is 2.6 million.
2. still bb os 7 dominating the sales number, as chen trying to trick journalist by saying THE REVENUE FROM BB OS10 is HIGHER THAN FROM REVENUE FROM OS7. He didn't say bb10 outsold bb7, he said the REVENUE.
3. He gain more cash by reducing the real estate and inventory that bb owned.
4. the book value of bb were decreased by 700 million.
5. while BBM has 150 million user, only 85 million user use it, the 75 million is not active user.
5. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
whoa!! take it easy there, I used bbz10 and sold it in a month, despite of lack of apps, bb10 has a very great business system and should be valuable. I'm definitely not gonna recommend it to people but if they insist i wouldnt say much. BBM is better for me as whatsapp keep on malfunction someday.
I have a rights to say bb awful because i USED it, I'm afarid you dont have that rights because you hate it without use it or experience it. bbm in wp8 is always a welcome anyway
9. meanestgenius (Posts: 5336; Member since: 28 May 2014)
I may not agree with you when it comes to your choice of horrid smartphone(I can say that, I've owned an iPhone 4,4s, iPad first and second generation, and an iPad mini with retina display, all of which I've gotten rid of), but I do agree with you when it comes to others speaking on an operating system out of ignorance. +1 to you.
8. meanestgenius (Posts: 5336; Member since: 28 May 2014)
BlackBerry's financial report is not bad at all. You have been all over PA in the last 15 hours spreading your nonsense and lies. They did not lose money on handsets this quarter. If you bothered to read correctly(maybe you can't read), the report said that BlackBerry made MORE MONEY on handsets in this quarter than the last, while selling less handsets.
BBOS7 sales NO LONGER dominant BB10 sales, as it was said that BB10 handsets outsold BBOS7 handsets by a ratio of 65% vs 35% in favor of BB10. Stop it with your lies.
And what's wrong with REDUCING assets you no longer need? Business 101.
The book value was decreased because of the ASSETS HE SOLD OFF. This will have NO BEARING on the next quarterly report.
Again, learn to READ. BBM now has 160 MILLION registered users, with 85 MILLION of them being DAILY ACTIVE USERS. That's MORE active users that WhatsApp, that has what? 500 million users? And not even 85 MILLION of them are daily ACTIVE USERS? SUCKS to be WhatsApp.
DAILY ACTIVE USER means people who USE IT DAILY. It doesn't mean that the remaining users of the 160 million users do not use it at all. It just means that they do not use it DAILY. Jesus, take the wheel and remove the ignorance from this little boys body.
10. ablopez (Posts: 196; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
Good comment, mg. I'm so sick of this wahoowiener guy. Thank you for continuing to put him in his place. Add me and the wife to the list of active BBM users and INACTIVE WhatsApp users (actually, I don't know if I even consider ourselves inactive, because we signed up and uninstalled it after a day of use).
11. meanestgenius (Posts: 5336; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Thank you, ablopez! My fiance and I are daily active BBM users as well. We never even THOUGHT about WhatsCrap. And don't worry, I will continue to put wahoowiener in his place wherever I see his ignorant posts.
4. DerryAhmad (Posts: 256; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Good news for Windows Phone owners. Can't wait to have BBM on my 1520!
13. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 1075; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
The article is about BB's announcement to make BBM available on Windows Phone yet there are blowhards who go off on wild tangents about quarterly reports and unit sales. If you don't have a Windows Phone, this article doesn't apply to you. Go get a life or at the very least, go get laid. It'll really help with all that pent up frustration and give your hairy palms a rest.