Apple no longer the world's most respected company, but still just ahead of Google
3. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 163; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I think that apple is dying silently
13. Commentator (Posts: 3019; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Not that silently when every internet commenter is predicting its imminent demise. Predictions of Apple's death seem to be the trend of late.
38. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They will very soon!
43. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Will only join Nokia if they ever make a ANDROID DEVICE
56. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Nokia does have some old android phones but they suck.
24. selena1000 (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
they drop two spots form first to third and they are dying?!?
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 16184; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Haters are waiting with bated breath, but death isn't coming. This year will mark a major turnaround for apple.
57. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
quad core a7 cpu with new gpu and a 4" 720p screen at best.
64. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 341; Member since: 26 May 2011)
From a hardware perspective, what are you anticipating them dropping on the public that's going to turn things around for them?
9. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Sony has been on the decline since the portable CD came out. I think the Walkman was probably their peak, then a slight bump with the Playstations. But when most people think of Sony now, they get nostalgic of past innovations. Sony has got to make themselves relevant again here and now. The only thing they're really known for now is the Playstation.
22. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
you forgot their mobile division its still on the rise on their mobile division
27. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
It is, true. But if you ask the common person what an Xperia is they't think it was a car or something. Then ask them what was the last Sony product they've purchased they would probably say a Playstation.
They still make great products but most people have no idea .
44. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
LOL yeah you're right about that. If Sony can only get their XPERIA Z on every U.S. carrier like Samsung they will sell more here in the states like they did in Europe.
49. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I can't wait for the ZU! I know you can use a pencil, but I'm praying for a stylus/S Pen.
8. JMartin22 (Posts: 1643; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Introducing iPhone 5S! Now with a newer high res screen with an aspect ratio that still sucks balls!
60. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The iPhone 5 is 16:9 like android but the res is almost half of 1080p.
14. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
My respect for Google increased tenfold when they launched the person finder for India.. Which helped families of the victims of the cloud burst in one of the states to get info about their loved ones. Pretty Damn selfless for a company that started with a search engine
15. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Today was a good day. :D
16. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Nothing that a lawsuit can't fix. Oh, wait.
17. Jyakotu (Posts: 831; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I never understood the Apple hate, TBH. If you don't like a company's products, then just don't buy that company's products. Simple.
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This is what most peoples hate about Apple,
- No Innovation
- Design still remains the same since 2007
" If you don't like a company's products, then just don't buy that company's products. Simple."
Everyone knows how to say that. :P
23. PostalJim (Posts: 46; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
Then why do all the tech bloggers that worship apple slam Samsung and others no matter what the do say or sell? It's like Ford v Chevy, Coke v Pepsi, Xbox v PS..... Oh wait. That last one is no longer a competition. But you get my point, I hope.
25. ilia1986 (unregistered)
This isn't about product X vs product Y. This is about Company X vs Company Y both of which are very very powerful and thus have a lot of influence on our lives.
Both Apple and Google have a lot of influence on our lives. Both companies are in the smartphone business, tablet business, TV business, PC business (Mac vs Google Chrome, Safari vs Chrome), and soon the smartwatch business as well.
Difference being that Google isn't a dictator and a control freak. :)
These aren't refrigerators, people. These are consumer electronics products\services which greatly affect our lives.
28. Commentator (Posts: 3019; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Honestly, refrigerators affect my life a lot more than smartphones/tablets/operating systems. I don't know about you, but I'd take the health benefits attributed to freshly preserved food any day of the week.
29. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Yes, but the companies which make refrigerators don't impose restrictions on you for which kind of food you can put in there, for how long, on which shelf, and when can you get it out of there.
Tech companies like Apple - do.
46. joey_sfb (Posts: 4449; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Well, consider yourself lucky that apple is not in the refrigerators business otherwise apple will start suing every other competitors for having the same rectangle boxy design. Refrigerators companies will have to fight those expansive lawsuit or stop doing the business.
Competitions will also have to raise the price of their refrigerators to include cost of those lawsuits.
47. quakan (Posts: 1293; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
You can't grow to be that large of a company without dictating and having a vast amount of control. Google would've been long gone if that wasn't the case.
26. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Agreed, but when try and stop me from buying other companies products I do want to buy, that's a problem.
37. tedkord (Posts: 7621; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Sounds simple, doesn't it? Unfortunately, Apple tries to remove my choices of competing products through abuse of the flaws in the patent system and lawsuits. Because of their bad behavior, my choice of devices is limited, the devices are less functional and cost more.
Even though they lose more than they win in court, resources are diverted and innovation is stifled.
42. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Let them concentrate more on litigation, in that way they won't progress on ios7 and making a new device design. So slowly slowly Apple will fade away.....
48. quakan (Posts: 1293; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Happy to see Apple still above Google? All this time I thought there was only a handful of pro-Apple fans here. Nice to meet you.
36. tedkord (Posts: 7621; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
This is meaningless. Its a poll of money managers, not the general public.
52. momonm1 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 May 2011)
the general consumers dictates which brand is the best and respected by the whole... in this case it showed that apple is better than samsung or any other company in the same of interest with apple...
53. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Not loosers but bashers haters Trolls dislike hate abusive criticism.....
And I agree to all above, except loosers which we are not nor jealous of!
You support a company which litigates and dosen't like competing
A company which lies to it's users saying they are the first
A company who have never made nor owns nothing but buys parts and sticks a logo
A company that gives less to its users saving them not paying patent fees
A company that steals others idears and claim they invented or made them selfs
The list continues
You are an average joe who knows nothing about the tech industries
Go eat grass
54. momonm1 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 May 2011)
and who are you? hahaha...
who are you to tell that apple is a company like this and that...?
If you dont like apple, you have a choice not to be in an apple discussion or subject..., but you chose to get involved because youll get notice by saying something that is against apple...
61. Trex95 (Posts: 776; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Android doing well cause of cheap phones even Android high end still cheaper than Apple Iphone . But when it comes to tab, PC(I mac), Laptops(Mac pro), MP3(Ipod) no tech company beats Apple.
63. buccob (Posts: 2155; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I partially agree... Android is an affordable alternative, but it still have expensive items... and there is no reason why Apple should sell so high... Sometimes too high for what you get... (ipod shuffle)
Tablets... Features found on Samsung and ASUS are miles ahead of an iPad... and quality, I would compare it to Sony's tablet... specially newer ones.
Laptops... My sister MacBook Pro (late 2011), broke the dvd rom just right out of the warranty.... I really like Apple laptops but some people get too blind...
My ASUS U47A (early 2012) has similar specs as her MB Pro, just a tad better... and it costed me 700$ vs 1200$ for her... My laptop has aluminum finish on screen and around keyboard (not unibody), But the plastic used underneath is actually better to handle scratches. Has a 14" screen in a 13" MB Pro body (slightly thicker) and most hardware is accessible and replaceable.
Only thing I find better on the MacBook... OS. Though Windows 8 is really smooth... though it is leaned more towards touch screen than mouse/keyboard...
MP3... really? in 2013? my phone is way better for this... I can even download music OTG, and read lyrics without needing WIFI...
62. buccob (Posts: 2155; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
You forgot to mention eBay (24). Tech related