Apple iPhone snaps picture of the man who stole the device; 23 year old arrested
The iGotYa app might not provide hours of fun like Doodle Jump does, but it sure comes in handy when someone has jacked your Apple iPhone.
1. bobfreking55 posted on 10 Oct 2011, 02:11 5
Good! Since iOS is an app launcher, it should have nice apps.
22. coolass (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 23:47 0
you know, there was a band of robers that got caught like that also in Monterrey mexico it was a band of jackers from colombia they had about 600,00$USD in stolen articles, jewlery, electronics, money, cars and other thinks well they had gone into this house to stell and one of the guys got himself an ipad not knowing about this and the whole band got caught, this week.
3. jhamez (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 02:32 0
he kinda looks like Orlando Jones hehe
4. marcus (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 02:37 0
This seems like it is better than lookout. I love the picture idea. He was caught red handed.
5. Luuthian posted on 10 Oct 2011, 02:47 3
This is absolute BRILLIANCE. Why isn't this on the main marketplace?
6. Junglejoe (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 02:57 0
a smart robber will just cover up the frontfacing cam or whatever.. it can do his job but it's not a ensurance.. so i wouldnt call this brilliant.. in this case .. it did work
15. remixfa posted on 10 Oct 2011, 08:12 1
concidering 99.9999% of people that are willing to steal your phone arent smart enough to think of that (at least until these articles call attention to it), I'd say it was pretty brilliant.
What a great free marketing campaign for your app. "look, it works!"
they should post all the mugs of the idiots they catch on their main page as a testimonial..lol
8. hlshcd (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 03:13 0
do we have any similiar apps on android?
20. menkn (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 20:34 0
as soon as android heres about this there gonna make it, probably gonna pop out in acouple of weeks, im pretty sure some techy out there can pull this one
9. Dave FL (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 04:00 0
At best he would get the death penalty. At worst mere castration. Thats the only way we get the worst of society under control or out of here.
23. BTownBiz (unregistered) posted on 13 Oct 2011, 12:52 0
at best everyone in teh world has an iphone or equivalent so no need to steal 1..at worst ppl like u actually get a say in our society (o wait u alrdy do..we are doomed)
10. ivanko34 posted on 10 Oct 2011, 04:11 1
He has been arrested by the apple gestapo and sent to a slave prisoner camp in cupertino
11. huntingnut posted on 10 Oct 2011, 05:09 0
Makes me wish I would re-jailbreak my iPod touch. I would so find a way for me to purchase that app because people are always taking it.
12. THE_GAME5 posted on 10 Oct 2011, 05:36 0
Hey, i thought that man could be our PETER f***ed up by his BADA** misadventure........my bad......
14. iamcc posted on 10 Oct 2011, 07:11 0
For those who are curious this app is available on the android market for either 99 cent or 1.99 and works quite well.
16. fatakboy619 posted on 10 Oct 2011, 08:46 0
nice app yaa its cool now thieves gona think 100 times before stealing iphone coollll
17. drodriguezsd posted on 10 Oct 2011, 13:08 0
Haha what a moron!! Apple needs to allow an app like this to enter the app store. It would be awesome if this feature was integrated in Find My iPhone!
21. E (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 23:10 0
Yes Miz just another reason; that this app got lucky and worked in this 1 situation where most people are screwed into buying a new iphone at $650 a pop. I'll keep my GS2 with TEP and be quite happy knowing I don't have to worry about paying more than $100 if my phone is stolen. (but i don't leave my phone in stupid places for idiots to grab it) Btw the TEP app works nice and it comes with my insurance and can do the same $hit so eat a bag of d!cks Miz btw wrestling isnt real, neither is santa or the easter bunny