Another hint tells us the iWatch is coming: Apple extends its trademark to cover jewelry and watches
We know about the iWatch from countless rumors, all of which point to a ‘fashionable’ iWatch coming in two sizes, one with a 1.3” and another one with a 1.5” curved AMOLED display. It’s expected to feature a slim and light body, and the different sizes could well be specifically tailored to target men and women separately.
Now, back to the trademark filing, we ought to say that international agreement rules for 45 different classes of products. Apple has specifically expanded Class 14 trademark protection that aggregates goods like jewelry, watches, badges, necklaces, chains, sculpture and decorations. Cupertino has actually expanded its trademark to that new class in multiple countries - Ecuador is the latest, but previously, Apple has also filed the same application in the United Kingdom, Mexico, and Norway.
Interestingly, Apple has not filed such an application in its prime market, the United States. Coincidentally, Apple is not covered at all under Class 14 (which includes smartwatches) in the US.
Here's Apple's alleged 2014 roadmap
1. Apple iWatch
2. Apple iPhone 6
The 4.7” iPhone 6 will run on an A8 system chip with 1GB of RAM, and it should arrive in a thin, 6.5-7.0mm metal body. Another interesting detail Kuo mentions is that the iPhone 6 would also get NFC connectivity.
3. Apple iPhone 6 in a phablet size with 5.5” display
4. Apple iPad Air 2
5. Apple iPad mini with Retina Display
6. 12.9-inch Apple iPad Pro
7. 12-inch Apple MacBook Air
8. Apple iMac
9. Apple TV
10. No word about a new iPod touch
8. sarb009 (Posts: 285; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
In the lead without even being in the game ?
16. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Not day one....but they were in the lead for awhile.
Apple Newton...massive failure.
Their smartphone didnt come out til the smartphone market was already big.
I give them credit tho for coming late to the party and jump starting the market.
11. Sauce (unregistered)
Lets compare sales and see who's playing catch up lol.
17. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I can sell lots of vintage time pieces...and other companies sell less more up to date, current watches.
Or my profits for the vintage stuff is alot more than the current watches.
Will sales tell the whole picture?
Maybe the first post meant catch up with the rest of the market...as far as staying current.
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6237; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
It will look hideous even with jewlery that makes it more hideous
19. nctx77 (Posts: 455; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Lol what are they catching up 2? It's not like everyone is rocking galaxy gears lol! Also, most stuff on the market looks like a iPod nano from 2010 with a few extra features. I think you need to see the iwatch first before you make that comment. The iphone was playing catchup to the Prada right? How that work out for them?
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 10514; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This baby will rock. Smart watch done right.
6. mrblah (Posts: 421; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
I never could wear a watch more than a day or two, this may change that!
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 10514; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It will for me. I can't wait to see it.
4. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1121; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
why not just pattent an iWear? where any wearable device will be under the category of iWear. so that subcategories can be the iWatch or iGlasses or iSocks.
i should get a job in apple.,,
14. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1121; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
10. express77 (unregistered)
Another patent trial is coming.
12. JunitoNH (Posts: 863; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
You really don't have to purchase this, you could continue to wear your S-power-rangers wrist transforming gear.
18. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
oh yes I WILL wear my awesome S-GEAR with awesome FEATURES.
20. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 682; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Why I'm not surprised? Tim Cook is there for reason. And Apple can NEVER EVER compete on the tech .
Next step- "premium" iBra. And all zombies on the line in front of the Apple Store to buy the magic,
And all the menial tech sites, becoming "Fashion Magazines" .
21. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
this darkkjedi will be camping with his wife in advane for 2 days and will be first to buy this. thats what he said last time.
my GOD a huge big grown adultd and his wife camping, wth .....wise up