Alleged iPhone 6 shell snapped from all sides, shows larger, thinner metal handset
25. Finalflash (Posts: 2100; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It is uglier than the M8, which I already found to be ugly. If any tech journalism website gives them props for the looks, I will then stop visiting that site for their obvious bias. I hope it is all a joke/misdirection and Apple secretly has a better design hidden away somewhere. I don't see anyone other than hardcore Apple fanboys liking what that thing looks like.
27. tedkord (Posts: 6830; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Seriously? This site will be slobbering all over it.
23. Astoni (Posts: 617; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Its nice and all but it looks alot like a HTC mixed with a nokia that went on a diet :p
30. steedsofwar (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
Not a great looking shell, Apple. Not cool.
2. ancellim (Posts: 34; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Looks like they're ditching dual-flash for a single flash.
10. phljcnth (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Maybe they're ready to employ Xenon flash. And the Apple logo is cropped out too, maybe the logo will glow like those in Macbooks.
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6047; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Looks like Apple is brining awesome back again
20. lalalaman (Posts: 516; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
i dont like its back....should have used some glass on top and bottom,this lines on the back cant cover the fact that iphone 5 design was much better ....if it has waterproof body than i guess it is okay
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 14764; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Can't wait to see the finished product. I hope there's a bigger one too though.
24. Astoni (Posts: 617; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
i hope they have minimalized the bezels :p, cause it has a very low screen-to-size ratio from the design leaks.
7. slh163 (Posts: 134; Member since: 19 May 2014)
looks like an HTC M8 back with an apple logo
that's is what we called a clearly copycat. its a Chinese level of copycat
8. gehrig (Posts: 225; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
Apple has to do that to incorporate the antenna into the full metal design! Would you rather have a phone without an antenna? All phones with all-metal designs will look similar to the One M8 because the One M8 was the first phone to do that.
13. Diezparda (Posts: 295; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Dat excuse... did oppo find 7 looks similar to M8?
14. Diezparda (Posts: 295; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
But i think this leaked image is closer to itouch 5th rather than m8
18. gehrig (Posts: 225; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
The Oppo Find 7 isn't all metal! It's part glass, so it doesn't need the inserts.
15. cncrim (Posts: 631; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Apple logo cut out fill with plastic, so the radio signal can go through, HTC will copy apple and cut out HTC logo on next gen, to get rid the HTC logo bar we complaint about on M8. Get your blanket ready to hide.
Wait and see, I'm 99% sure htc will do that on M9 too.
9. iampayne (Posts: 318; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Im on the fence about this design. I personally loved the OG iPhone design and this is a thinner version of that. But Im hoping that top and bottom insert is actually glass. And those possible plastic lines can't be final production worthy. They don't have them on the 5 and 5S the glass butts directly to the metal so thats why I can't see a change in the construction on that front. And since we haven't seen any leaks of the larger 5.5" casting Im guessing thats never going to happen.
12. gehrig (Posts: 225; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
We HAVE seen some 5.5 inch leaks, but not that many, because the 5.5 inch model won't be released for an extra 3-or-so months.
11. g.davis17 (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
With the Apple logo being cut out like that, which is wasn't on the 5/5s. Is it a possibility they will bring the glowing Apple logo from their mac to the iPhone? With it being so thin they could just use the backlight from the display. Anyone?
16. nctx77 (Posts: 954; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
The original source of this leak mentioned that it would be a indicator light. We will see if it's true. It would be cool if it lite up when your phone rings or got a message, but turns off after a few seconds.
22. PBXtech (Posts: 1022; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Only problem with that is who sets their phone face down? Indicator lights are best served being on the front.
19. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1875; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Wouldn't there be hardware between the backlight and cutout logo?
29. tedkord (Posts: 6830; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
That would be a bigger gimmick than anything Samsung ever put on a phone.
17. nctx77 (Posts: 954; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
This looks much cleaner than the dummy unit. I also notice silver trim around the buttons.