Adobe Edge HTML5 tool brings an alternative to Flash
1. biophone posted on 01 Aug 2011, 03:38 1 4
apple does have the best html 5 support for a mobile platform. I agree with jobs flash will go the way floppy discs did. Apple is very good at picking what to support. I have had android phones and i dont think flash even works well on mobile devices anyway. This looks good for apple.
4. Laurynas (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 04:52 0 0
"apple does have the best html 5 support for a mobile platform."
6. taco50 (banned) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 10:03 0 0
totally wrong based on what? Care to elaborate?
8. Laurynas (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 10:12 1 0
Based on benchmarks.
11. taco50 (banned) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 11:02 0 0
12. Laurynas (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 11:34 1 0
Just make search in YouTube or Google.
17. biophone posted on 01 Aug 2011, 20:09 0 0
I wasnT talking in terms of benchmarks i said support.
5. wassup posted on 01 Aug 2011, 08:44 0 0
one word- Meego - although it might not be as widely used, but it got the highest score in HTML %
10. NeXoS posted on 01 Aug 2011, 10:53 0 0
A very good read, for developers and non-developers alike!
18. biophone posted on 01 Aug 2011, 20:15 0 0
I read this and thoughts on flash. This just really says flash is great and html 5 cant do what it does and apple doesnt allow flash just because they want to protect the appstore. Jobs clearly debunked this with thoughts on flash. You should read it.
2. Noooooo!!!! (unregistered) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 03:45 0 1
You can't let apple win!
14. 530gemini posted on 01 Aug 2011, 19:17 0 0
Apple already did. Notice that everyone already switched to Apple's way by releasing their own iphones :)
3. droid.rv posted on 01 Aug 2011, 03:58 2 0
"apple does have the best html 5 support for a mobile platform"
roflmao..!! :D :D :D :D :D
think before you speak. have a look buddy..
meego 1.2, bb os7, webOS 3.0 & android 3.1 have better html5 support than ios 4.3..
but still, ios is better than symbian^3..lolz.. :D :D
7. taco50 (banned) posted on 01 Aug 2011, 10:04 0 0
This just says it supports it. There's no comparison here. It's widely accepted Apple has the best support for html5.
13. wassup posted on 01 Aug 2011, 14:26 0 0
widely accepted? most people don't know what HTML5 is, they'll try to go on kongregate and they'll be disappointed.
They'll just have to go download apps i guess.
but truth be told, iOS's browser is pretty good, but there are better one's out there
*everyday i'm trolling*
19. biophone posted on 01 Aug 2011, 20:19 0 0
Again i said support not performance. You can twist my words all you want but thay wont turn me into a pretzel.
9. kcombs posted on 01 Aug 2011, 10:40 1 0
my iPhone 4 may not have flash but I still like using the browser on my iPhone than I do my Samsung Infuse. I have flash turned off on my android.
16. 530gemini posted on 01 Aug 2011, 19:29 0 0
Always remember this. Fandroid will embrace and hold on to anything that Apple refuses to support. Even a dying platform like flash. Fandroids will support vhs, cassette tapes, and floppy discs if they have to. They would go backward instead of forward, just to oppose Apple, hahahahaha. That's the fandroid way and mentality.
BUT......wait until android totally embraces html5 and abandons flash and competes with Apple in rendering html5. It would be just like how symbian fanboys used to prefer resistive touchscreens over capacitive, lol.
Note: Symbian fanboys evolved to fandroids :)
20. biophone posted on 01 Aug 2011, 20:21 0 0
Roger that. You sound like you read thoughts on flash.