Ad on U.K. employment site points to August 21st launch for the Apple iPhone 5
This job ad hints at an August 21st launch of the Apple iPhone 5, at least in the U.K.
Gekko apparently has worked with Apple before in finding employees for Apple shops within larger stores. Those hired will have to attend a four day training program in London and those hired will be making the equivalent of $120 USD a day.
As we reported yesterday, most analysts have been looking for an August/September launch for the Apple iPhone 5. Based on the starting date of the job, adding in the 4 days for training, and it would appear that in the U.K. at least, August 21st seems like a pretty good estimate of when to expect the launch of the next Apple iPhone.
1. parv/singh/sachdeva (unregistered) posted on 14 Jul 2011, 00:31 0 0
i wanted iphone 5 as my bday gift..but due to confussion hv been gifted iphone 4 :/
4. Jayd d (unregistered) posted on 14 Jul 2011, 04:21 0 0
Oh like that is such a terrible thing -.-
12. 37minute (unregistered) posted on 14 Jul 2011, 12:54 0 0
First World problems.
2. cheetah2k posted on 14 Jul 2011, 01:33 4 2
I would wait for the iPhone 6. This really isn't worth the update from iPhone 4, especially when there is talk of Quad Cores ready by Sept/Oct this year and by the looks of things Apple is already 2-3 steps behind in hardware specs at the time of release...
Maybe (fingers crossed) iOS will look different (maybe even with live wallpapers!!) by the release of the iPhone 6 too..
3. Whateverman posted on 14 Jul 2011, 02:13 4 2
Be careful! There are a few hardcore iOS fans around here that will not tolerate what your saying here. I think your opinions are completely rational, but wanting higher specs and live wallpaper could get you labeled an Android fanboy, or even worse...a Fandroid!!!
You get a +1 from me because I agree. Live wallpaper would be killer on the iPhone along with a few other features but hey one step at a time.
6. Wat? (unregistered) posted on 14 Jul 2011, 05:31 3 4
Who the hell needs Live Wallpapers?, that was probably one of the worst additions to an Android phone ever.
9. taco50 (banned) posted on 14 Jul 2011, 10:38 1 0
Rumors for iPhone 4 are dual core, 8 megapixel camera and it will most likely support HSPA + for AT&T and Tmo. Not sure how that makes it 2-3 steps behind. That's the same specs that all the high end phones are coming out with. There's still single core new phones as well.
10. NeXoS posted on 14 Jul 2011, 11:52 2 3
Step 1: NFC
Step 2: Piddly VGA front camera
Step 3: Still non-removable battery, so you have to find a sucker on ebay to buy your mobile after 2yrs because you only get 2hrs battery life on the lowest screen brightness setting.
Step 4: Antenna that requires insulation from...the human hand, which is fine cuz all antennas do except this one is wrapped around the entire daym phone!
Step 5: No Gorilla Glass
Step 6: No MENU button
Step 7: No GO BACK button
I'll just leave it at that, while you catch up. :D
13. taco50 (banned) posted on 14 Jul 2011, 14:07 2 0
iPhones resell for way more than any android phone. I've always sold my iPhone for about twice what I payed for it.
vga camera is on the current iPhone which when it came out was one of the only phones that could do video calling
antenna issue is blown out of proportion I have no reception issues on my VZW iPhone
menu button? that' s a poor design by android I prefere minimal buttons
back button is again poor desing by android
there are rumors that it may have nfc, but even if it doesn't this year it most likely will next year
You list the same tired arguments that fandroids list and you make no sense at all. The only one that holds any water is the antenna gate. Everything is else is simple preference and guess what more people prefer iPhone than any other phone. iPhone 4 which is over 1 year old outsells every new flavor of the month crapdroid that's released with it's buggy software and live wall paper.
15. iwebdroidberry7 posted on 14 Jul 2011, 15:53 2 0
1) You a psychic? If not then how do you know iP5 won't have NFC?
2) Once again are you psychic, how do you know the iP5 won't have a higher res FFC?
3) The iPhone has superb battery life. If you have a problem with battery life, get it replaced at an Apple store (Have heard wayyy better battery gripes than this one)
4) ONCE AGAIN! Are you psychic???? How do you know they WONT fix that?
5) Ughh, see 1,2, & 4
6) & 7) This really makes it outdated? Try again.
It seems that your gripes are with the iP4. In case you missed it this is about the iP5 that has yet to be released so unless you've seen it (which I highly doubt.)
Not only that but back when the iPhone 4 was released, how many other phones had NFC, and a FFC with a better resolution than VGA??
16. iwebdroidberry7 posted on 14 Jul 2011, 15:55 0 0
Dual core isn't even optimized for Android smartphones yet. What's the rush for quad core?
The true meaning of having your cake, but not being able to eat it I suppose.
5. oldfash33 posted on 14 Jul 2011, 05:24 0 0
Cool that you got the 4. When the next one comes grab that one as well.
11. GALAXY-S posted on 14 Jul 2011, 11:59 0 1
if i tell my friend there looking for straight up isheep to sale for apple, he will probably quit his job and fly out there tonight!!!!!!!!!
14. taco50 (banned) posted on 14 Jul 2011, 14:09 2 0
How's your copycat phone working out? I guess if you can't have an iPhone may as well get the next best thing...